5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to soda
I gave up soda and have been looking for a replacement fix when I want a fizzy drink. This stuff has been great. All natural and tastes really good. I usually go with the variety pack so I can change things up, and really because all the flavors are so good. I definitely recommend these drinks to anyone!
Published on October 25, 2010 by CDB85

2.0 out of 5 stars Great...if you like APPLE JUICE! lol.
When I stumbled across these on amazon, I was super excited. Once I saw the almost uniformly positive reviews, I got even more excited. This product gave every indication that I would really like it. I expected to like it. I mean, there's hardly a single person that bought this case of sparking juice that wasn't just thrilled with it.

Well, let me tell you,...
Published 23 months ago by Kyle E. Kneisl

2.0 out of 5 stars Great...if you like APPLE JUICE! lol., December 7, 2012
This review is from: The Switch Sparkling Juice, Variety Pack, 8-Ounce Cans (Pack of 24) (Grocery)

Well, let me tell you, I am SUPER disappointed. I think the people drinking this just don't know what they're doing, or have never had quality beverages before. These "juices" are **ALL** apple juice. It smells like apple juice, it looks like apple juice, it TASTES like apple juice. Yeah, sure, maybe there's a splash of grape in the grape one. Maybe there's a splash of orange in the orange one. But really, they taste exactly like grape- or orange- or lemon-flavored apple juice.

And no surprise, the ingredients list reveals---guess what? They're mostly apple juice. You see, folks, when you mix juice with soda water, and you still want it to be acceptably sweet and not add sugar? There's only one juice sweet enough for that, especially if you want to keep the price down: Apple.

I was hoping it wouldn't be THIS much apple. I was expecting that the orange would be a somewhat apple-tinged orange...not a somewhat orange-tinged apple. And so on for the other flavors.

So yeah, I was very disappointed. If you're expecting **ANYTHING** even REMOTELY like Izze soda, for example, then to say you are going to be disappointed is the understatement of the week.

Save your money. At $1/can, I think I overpaid by just about half. There are any number of other products in this price range that are vastly superior to this. I can't imagine what all of the folks so excited about this beverage in the other reviews were tasting that I wasn't tasting.

It's. Apple. Juice. with bubbles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to soda, October 25, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Switch vending machines, please., November 14, 2011
In short:
Switch is exactly what it tries to be. It is a 100% juice with carbonation. You pay for the carbonation, flavors and convenience. I have found competitors tend to have a lower juice percentage and/or augment the juice with Splenda or similar alternate. Just be aware of what you want. If it is a carbonated, 100% juice drink, give Switch a try (or 24 if you grab the variety pack).

Full Review:
I purchased the variety pack, with concern for spending so much on a gamble. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the drinks and size. It is a great treat every other day or so. I think the 8oz size is perfect for accompanying a meal or on its own. Like everyone, I have my favored flavors but there aren't any that I find undrinkable or unpleasant.

I've seen/read some concerns over the calories/sugar/sweetness of the drinks that reviews say detract from the drink. Quite frankly, I don't know if these reviewers know what is in fruit. The only way to decrease these values is to remove the 100% fruit juice element which is half of this product, at least to me. (The other being carbonation) I die a little every time I find a great looking product only to see the little Splenda logo. If you like Splenda, more power (and products) to you :) You can easily add water to this drink if the taste or stats are too much for you, but you can't subtract it, so I think Switch is perfect.

Like many fruit juices, Switch uses grape and apple juice as fillers. An example is the fruit juice order in the Orange Tangerine is "apple, grape, tangerine, orange and acerola" I don't find the taste has suffered and I know the price is more manageable, from the use of apple and grape juice.

Since there might be parents reading, I don't have kids, but believe it would be great for kids. I know price is a concern, but I believe soda should be a treat not a staple food. They are 8oz in place of the traditional 12oz of soda. This gives your child less sugar (none refined) and a skinnier can to hold on to or package in a lunch box. (Also, no little straw to break off and get lost!)
I can't honestly tell you if I would have been willing to be different as a kid and have a Switch in place of a soda, but I know I definitely want it now. If your kids don't want it in their lunch box, put it in yours. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A kid favorite, November 30, 2010
I was SO happy when I was able to buy this drink on Amazon. No store or club around me carries it, and I don't like the idea of paying over $1.30 for ONE at the school. Kids love them!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars You're going to LOVE IT! Carbonated JUICE not soda!, January 15, 2011
SWITCH is 100% juice, but it is CARBONATED! Drinks like a soda, but it isn't--so much better for you and your family. I highly recommend it for families, especially teens and older who don't drink enough water or juice. It's a painless way to get them away from sodas and to drink something far more healthy! Switch comes in AWESOME flavors and this variety pack is WONDERFUL--something for everyone! From the lemon-lime to the Black Cherry, Watermelon-Strawberry to Orange-Tangerine, these all taste great, are 100% JUICE and NO ADDITIVES! Everyone in my family drinks Switch--my 76 year-old mother, my husband and my 20-something sons, all have a favorite flavor. Buying from Amazon is so easy, especially with the subscription service, you can have it auto-delivered on YOUR family's schedule! Easier than going out to the grocery store, where you will pay considerably more for a 4 pack! Amazon has the best selection and pricing on Switch that I have seen. Even the Grape flavored is superior to any other grape-artificially-flavored-syrup drink!
Switch has a lovely flavor, good selection, no additives, all natural juice PLUS carbonation. It's like having the BEST OF BOTH WORLDS--juice and soda!
Try Switch from Amazon today--you won't regret it and your family will LOVE IT and love you for buying it! Just don't tell them how healthy and good for them it is! ENJOY! You're gonna love it, too! I highly recommend this variety pack The Switch Variety Pack, 8.3-Ounce Cans (Pack of 24)

5.0 out of 5 stars We've Made The Switch!!, November 23, 2010
By far the best sparkling juice I've ever tried! So juicy and full of flavor!! My favorites are the Black Cherry, Lemon Lime and Orange Tangerine. The kids go crazy for the Watermelon Strawberry, Grape and Kiwi. Sometimes I am afraid to buy variety packs because there will be some left over...NOT with this one, every can is gone!
I think the big difference is because The Switch is 100% juice, so it's not over diluted like most of the other ones. I think Izzy is only 70% juice, so it has a lot less flavor.
If you like pop but don't want all the HFCS, artificial sweeteners etc, you should definitely give Switch a try!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than soda pop, May 11, 2009
This is one canned juice drink that I really like. Its not too sweet and has a nice clean flavor. The only things that I didn't really care about is that its a little over carbinated for me, and there isn't really enough of it when I'm used to 16 oz. size or larger drinks. The cans could be at least a little bigger.
One other thing that I really liked about it is a little shot of Spiced Rum goes good with it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars what a great product!, January 17, 2012
We do not let our children drink soda, ("pop") so this is a wonderful substitute. They can't stand flavored seltzer water, but love this stuff. I have tried it myself, and it is really really good. Much better than Izzy. The orange tastes just like Fanta - I can't tell the difference. Highly recommended if you don't want processed sugar in your kid's drink.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids LOVE this!!, September 8, 2011
We purchased it for less at Costco, only $15. My kids absolutely love this juice, they would not drink juice at all before buying this, they were totally hooked on soda.. This has completely changed their drinking habits around. No complaints here.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Grape Flavor Not As Tasty as Other Switch Flavors, April 11, 2009
D. Summerfield (Missoula, Montana) - See all my reviews
Since my teenagers really liked the The Switch Orange Tangerine, 8.3 Ounce Cans (Pack of 24), and the The Switch Black Cherry, 8.3 Ounce Cans (Pack of 24), we thought we would try the Grape Flavor. We were disappointed. Although still drinkable, it is just not the equal of other flavors of Switch.

The positive is that the beverage is all-natural, and packaged in the smaller-than-regular-12-ounce soda cans. It also has less carbonation than regular grape soda, which is a nice change. But the negative is that the Grape flavor cannot hold a candle to the the two other flavors we have enjoyed. It is on the sour side and leaves a slight unpleasant aftertaste. Not at all the satisfying, smooth and true fruit taste of the other two Switch flavors which we have tried.

I cannot recommend this flavor, although I still like the brand and plan to sample some other flavors. I would definitely order the Tangerine/Orange and the Black Cherry again.