Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 28, 2009
I enjoyed reading this original source regarding Carver's life. There's nothing quite like seeing history through the lives of those who lived it! This little book helped me understand Dr. Carver much better!
on October 29, 2010
An excellent book with a surprisingly intimate view into the life of an amazing man. Shows what God can do when a man's heart is humble toward his Creator.
on June 13, 2013
George Washington Carver, as presented by one of "his boys." Very loving, very enthusiastic little book. This isn't a biography, more of an account of a visit to Carver by some admirers. As quoted by Clark, Carver goes into his faith, his science, and his art (because Carver was originally an art major) in a way that makes the connection between his different interests gel together.
on March 29, 2011
This is a small,quick read, very old book. I enjoy true stories and I really enjoyed this one. He was so in tune with God that God revealed things to him. He gave him a list of things the peanut and sweet potato could be used for enabling the south to rotate their cotton crops and once again enrich their soil. He was an awesome man and his vast knowledge changed America.
on April 10, 2013
A Christian friend recommended this book to me so I bought the Kindle version and read it right away. I have no doubt that Mr. Carver was a devout Christian who intimately knew Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour. I believe he also credited the Lord for all of his great accomplishments.

The problem with this book for me is not George Washington Carver's life or spirituality, but it is Glenn Clark's interpretation of his spirituality. In the usual New Age fashion (which so many Christians are gravitating towards or "falling away" as the Bible calls it), the author first offers a FORMULA to help explain Dr. Carver's spirituality. It is the golden 3 pronged approach of love, humility, and expectancy.

Clark then elaborates on various historical figures and how they all found the doorway to God. I have no doubts about characters like George Muller, but Mr. Clark would have us believe that his 3 pronged prescription also enabled figures like Socrates to find God through this method. Most shockingly he cites even mythological characters like Orestes who supposedly found the doorway to God through the oracle at Delphi! Are you kidding me?

Then with a classic New Age thump he offers the twisted conclusion: Kumbaya! Everyone can find God through this method. Joan of Arc found it in the angel voices around her, Lincoln found it in his angel mother, Dante found it through the Love, Humility, and Expectation with which he looked at Beatrice, again Orestes through the oracle of Delphi, good Catholics through the Virgin Mary (really???), and "good" Christians find it in the Christ.

Again, I am in no way faulting Dr. George Washington Carver's life. In fact, I think he would turn over in his grave if he knew these things were being written about his life. Where is Jesus in this narrative? This book is leading people away from the truth and the true source of light. It is deceiving people because the true doorway to God is through Jesus Christ. As He Himself said, "I am the way the truth and the light, no one comes to the Father, but by me."

The only good thing about this book is I do want to learn more about Dr. Carver now and I surely can't wait to meet him in heaven.
This is one of the most intimate and deeply spiritual books that I have ever read. The insight on George Washington Carver's success and creativity is truly enlightening. I suggest this book for anyone who is seeking their God given purpose in life. You will be truly changed for the better after reading this book.
on June 23, 2014
This book has added such depth to my spiritual journey that I find it challenging to choose words that adquately describe it. I better understand why I have been intuitively guided to reach out and touch the palm trees and roses in my garden to listen to what they have to say. I write it down even when it seems to have little relevance. This book is wonderfully refreshing and gives me even more of a sense of wonder and awe about the magic of life. I look forward to implementing Dr. Carver's early morning talk with God in my own garden.
on July 18, 2016
As much as I love history, I am embarrassed to admit that I knew very little about George Washington Carver but after hearing about his many accomplishments from a friend, I decided to pick up this book which gives an excellent overview not only of Carver's accomplishments but of the man himself.
on June 4, 2014
I really enjoyed reading this small book, it clearly demonstrated the character of George Washington Carver as well as the author. I would highly recommend it to all . Especially those interested in Science with a Christian foundation.
on March 25, 2012
I have enjoyed reading this book about Dr. George Washington Carver. All I knew about him from school, was that he worked with peanuts and sweet potatoes. I had no idea what the significance of it was until reading this book. It was a quick and easy read, but I gave it four stars instead of five, because it was so short. There are only 60 pages of text, some of which have poems on them, so I felt like it was incomplete, that I will not be satisfied until I read another biography of him. Other than that, it's a fascinating book of an extraordinary man who was able to make a difference in the lives of individuals, as well as a whole country.