5.0 out of 5 stars A Lesson In Wisdom For All
Published on March 11, 2009 by Jean R. Ware

2.0 out of 5 stars Enthusiastic, A Bit Naive & Overstated
While the author spends much of the time stressing the universality of Christian (Catholic) values that form the foundation of the book, it's hard to fault his sincerity. I would recommend this to any practicing Catholic who's faith forms a big part of their life and business. Other people may be a bit turned off by the overt religious references.
Published on April 1, 2011 by M. Goitein

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lesson In Wisdom For All, March 11, 2009
This review is from: The Tap (Hardcover)
In a world of greed the Tap comes as a breath of fresh air. McKinney helps those with eyes to see and ears to hear face the reality of what is truly important in this life. Love in action. His devotion to the poor of Haiti is heartwarming and it is clear that Frank McKinney has been blessed to find a true purpose in life and the gift to share this with the world. Having worked with the poor in Jamaica I relate to his experiences and the struggles of those who cannot move forward without the assistance of people like Frank McKinney. I have always known that not all can do what Frank McKinney does but everyone can do something and if everyone did one thing to send love into this world, the world would become a better place. If the Tap does not tap this spirit in humans, I don't know what will. A remarkable journey of love and recognition and self motivation! A must read and a must keep.

Jean Ware
Author, Living In The Love Of A Common People

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wisdom Shared Here, February 8, 2010
This review is from: The Tap (Hardcover)
When I was first offered the opportunity to review this book, I really didn't have high expectations. I thought it was another motivational book filled with empty promises, all fluff and no substance. I am very happy to say that I was wrong! This book surprised me in a very pleasant and refreshing way. The Tap is the latest book by renowned real estate "rock czar" Frank McKinney. The entire book is built around the scriptural passage Luke 12:48, "To whom much is given, much is required." Yes, it is about success and prosperity, but where this book is different is that it places emphasis on the why, McKinney believes he, and everyone else too, is blessed to be a blessing.

We all have moments when we realize we have it within our power to help someone else, to look beyond ourselves, to make a difference in not only our world, but the world. He calls these moments The Tap. We are all "tapped" by God, to help in certain specific situations. These taps could be for something small and seemingly inconsequential, or they could be for something enormous, but they happen as often as we look for them too. McKinney is very real in sharing his relationship with God, with revealing his successes and with owning up to his mistakes. This is a surprise book for me, and a pleasant one at that!

This book was provided to me for review by Ascot Media Group.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my life!, January 8, 2010
This review is from: The Tap (Hardcover)
Wow, where to begin. I thought I was a fairly decent person until I read 'The Tap' and realized I have missed many, many opportunities in this lifetime to help others and, in doing so, to help myself. This book is like a subtle nudge to your heart and soul that makes you aware of when you are being "tapped" and how wonderful the feeling is when you act on it! It shows me that when a businessman with a track record of accomplishments like Frank McKinney can attribute his success to giving back to those less fortunate, then I can definitely do something in my own smaller way - kind of like a "paying forward" in kindness. I LOVED this book - it is sensitive, inspiring, and motivating. To those in our country who seem to condemn capitalism and suggest it's bad, I say to them that it is refreshing to see just how much "good" can come out of it when it is used correctly. Thanks, Frank, for this wonderful book - I shall be referring to it often when I need a gentle reminder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Food for thought, and a call to ACTION, May 1, 2009
This review is from: The Tap (Hardcover)
This is definitely a spiritual book. But whatever your belief system ie: God, The Universe, Allah, Higher Power, etc. - this can still fit. If I may paraphrase Frank McKinney to explain, "The Tap" refers to when you are "tapped" on the shoulder, in the mind, or heart to take an action maybe just a little differently than the main stream, or what you might have done otherwise. Frank gives examples of many who have acted boldy, and one might think, "I could never, or would never do THAT!" But he goes on to say that it doesn't just have to be the great and dramatic actions. Each one of us can make the world and our own hearts a little better with what we already have. It could be as simple as wiping soap off the counter in a public restroom for the next person, so the attendant doesn't have to. WOW. Even I can do THAT! Even a child can do THAT! Definite food for thought. But more importantly ACTION.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, December 29, 2009
This review is from: The Tap (Hardcover)
Are you a `giver' or a `receiver? This is the question this book asks. In this inspiring book, McKinney teaches us how to recognize life's great `tap moments' and how to appropriately respond in order to gain success in life by considering those less fortunate. He believes that God `taps' each and every one of us many times in our life, answering prayers and presenting life-changing opportunities. How do we act on these opportunities?
Everyone will take away something meaningful from this amazing book, and will understand that rewards will come with astonishing speed and size to those who act on the greater responsibility that comes with greater blessings. Frank McKinney's message inspires hope and has literally gotten me off the couch to make changes in my life. Your actions can be small, but have a great impact. Pass these thoughts and actions on to your family and friends.This book is definitely spiritual, but whatever your belief system, this book will still fill a need. Remember:Small acts linked together can have an enormous impact on the world. Read this book, act on it, then pass on the message

5.0 out of 5 stars What really matters, October 31, 2011
This review is from: The Tap (Hardcover)
Most books on success do two things. They focus only on what you get, and they cautiously avoid the notion of God. Frank McKinney has turned it on its head by saying: a rich relationship with God, Love and Life are what success and wealth is about, and focus on what you can give, not what you get. This is no "put a quarter in, and a gumball comes out" philosophy. Life is far more complex than that. When you are "tapped" by God, you don't just do more, you become more.

The Tap is richly written with a clear and meaningful narritive; it is heartfelt and deeply compassionate. It is an excellent read for those who are looking for business motivation, but are turned off my the narcissism of most success literature. Thank you Frank.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring message for ALL, December 9, 2010
This review is from: The Tap (Hardcover)
Of course it's an inspiring book as any who know or have read Frank's other books would expect. What is TRULY motivational in "The Tap" though is how he truly shows the reader how ANYONE.. ANYONE can and should be open to their "Tap Moments" . You do not have to be uber succesful ala Frank McKinney to benefit or even understand the concepts here. It relates to anyone's situation and provides insights many rarely explore when they seek the conventional world's view of "success". The Tap intentionally seeks to be a guide to LIFE success and it succeeds in being just that. Read The Tap and you will have a new view on the potential in YOUR life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring Book!, July 13, 2009
This review is from: The Tap (Hardcover)
The Tap is truly a wonderful and powerful book! There have been many times during our lives where we felt things just seem to fall into place, and then there are times when we feel nothing seems to be going right. After reading The Tap, we've come to realize that in both scenarios, these are Tap moments. Lately, my wife and I have been feeling more of the challenges instead of the "falling into place" scenario. Because of your book, instead of complaining, or feeling sorry for ourselves, we have been reminding each other that this is a Tap moment and that we need to focus on what that Tap is, instead of focusing on the challenges. This really gives us a brighter outlook in our lives. Thanks Frank for another great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Has God Tapped You?, June 17, 2009
Stephen Amos "Problem Solver" (Aliso Viejo, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tap (Hardcover)
Really enjoying this book. Finding myself really contemplating how I am called to serve others. So far it has varied from helping others with their career, holding doors open, to repairing cars, working honestly, giving good feedback, and just encouraging people to keep trying. How are you being called to serve? It is not difficult, since this book explains how to tell The Tap and to act on it.

Did not expect this depth of spirituality. However what can we expect from a man who builds the most expensive houses and the least expensive houses? The contradiction is in most of us. We have been blessed with talents and wealth beyond others, and we need to give back.

If you are dissatisfied by life, start here and grow to help others any way you can. Take action today.

Steve Amos
Co-author of ...
Adapt! How to Survive and Thrive in the Changing World of Work

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr. McKinney Uncovers the True Secret to Success, May 1, 2009
Sophfronia Scott (Newtown, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tap (Hardcover)
For many of us entrepreneurship is a higher calling--we're just not always sure of how to connect that calling with everyday action in our lives. Frank McKinney shows us how to make that connection and how we can attract success in our lives when we do so. We are being "tapped" everyday to be something more than what we are, but we're often too busy running around and trying to get through our day-to-day responsibilities to recognize it. Mr. McKinney encourages us to be aware, pay attention, and follow these little nudges that will ultimately reward us with more meaning and, eventually, treasure. I highly recommend this book, especially if you've found that you've grown beyond the money chase and now realize that life is supposed to be about something else. "The Tap" will be your guide in the land of this new awareness.

The Tap
The Tap by Frank McKinney (Hardcover - February 13, 2009)
$19.95 $15.80