5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Really "Teaches You to Fish"
Published 15 months ago by Marsha Murphy

1.0 out of 5 stars poor book but the main principle really works
The book is fluffed and repetitive. You can learn about this method from 5 minutes long free clip on YouTube as well. In fact the author found about this method from the Internet, then wrote this book, became a "CEO" and inflated reviews. Do you like to support it?

Published 13 months ago by henieck

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Really "Teaches You to Fish", April 2, 2013
This review is from: The Tapping Solution: A Revolutionary System for Stress-Free Living (Hardcover)
EFT (or tapping) is a simple process of tapping on 8 meridian points on your head and upper body. You learn it in 5 minutes and can use it for a lifetime. This book packs a rare one-two punch. Just reading the wisdom offered will help you change your perception on your problems and perception is everything! The book contains information on what tapping is, how it was developed and how it has been used. But that is way less than 25% of the value of the book. Actually doing the tapping will change your life. Strong statement - yes, but true. How many books have your read that inspire you but then you put the book down and that feeling goes away. This book will teach you how to actually do tapping and best of all will walk you through how to help yourself with almost any situation. Yes - help yourself! It can be used almost anywhere and tapping is free, easy and it works! I KNOW! The book offers directions for almost any problem and tapping scripts to help you through it and TONS of free online extras!

Does tapping for money put cash in your pocket? Unfortunately no, but I had major anxiety about money, fear of unknown expenses, at one point I literally lived in terror on a daily basis over my finances. Because of tapping I have quieted the fears and began to deal with my situation in a calm manner open to possibilities. I have started to see changes I can make and actually have hope and excitement about my future. For me this was BIG!

Tapping is great for physical issues as well as emotional ones. I am using tapping for the pain in my knees, my vision problems, teeth clenching and even stomach aches! Weight loss, smoking, pain, anxiety, depression, relationships, phobias, the list is endless!

Nick Orter is a pioneer, leader and well known expert in the currently little known field of EFT. He has made a documentary film on tapping and produced 5 years of the online Tapping World Summit bringing EFT experts from all over together to help people with various issues. His insights and understanding of people and their inner demons is pretty amazing. The book is well laid out and easy to follow. While you are shown how to create your own scripts, specific to you, sample tapping scripts are included in the book with expanded versions available free online. Are there other books out there on tapping and are they good - yes. But having read many of them, I can tell you this one covers the most ground and really "teaches you to fish". It is the perfect beginner book and will take someone who has used tapping for years to new levels. It is easy to read, easy to use and will actually get you seeing results quickly.

Do you really want to try just one more self help book?? Yes, you do.

[Note: I was asked to review this book by the Tapping Solution and given the manuscript early to read. I have known about and used tapping for years and have read most of the books out there already. This review is my honest heartfelt opinion and I can tell you two more things with equal honesty. 1. Tapping does not work if you don't use it. 2. This book will teach you how, use it!]

5.0 out of 5 stars This skeptical scientist is a tapper., April 3, 2013
I'm a molecular biologist, and while I'm deeply skeptical about unsubstantiated claims, I'm also certain that most western clinicians are a bit behind the mark. Treatments successfully used by cultures other than my own (I'm American) are now being studied by scientific researchers to determine their mechanisms of action. For example, we know a lot more about micronutrients and their impact on our health than we did just a few years ago. I suspect that many non-established solutions currently poo-pooed by traditional medical doctors will be practiced by medicine's next generation. For example, thirty years ago I took a Scientific American article to my Internist. The article suggested that bacteria was the cause of my gastric ulcer and a course of inexpensive antibiotics was the cure. Conventional thinking at the time called for a change in diet to reduce irritation. My Internist tossed the pages at me in disgust. I was wasting his time with this nonsense. It would take at least 20 years of research and clinical trials for something like this to be taken seriously. I was being naive, he said. Within a decade it was accepted as fact that the bacterium H. pylori is the cause of most gastric ulcers. Tapping is rooted in the ancient practice of acupuncture, a treatment I respect and was about to turn to for pain relief. As of yesterday, my first tapping experience, the pain in my feet that has hobbled me since doing an exercise incorrectly several weeks ago, is gone. My experience is extremely limited and admittedly, perhaps this pain would have disappeared yesterday at the exact time I tapped, even if I hadn't tapped. Perhaps, but I'm skeptical about that.

I paid $11.99 for the Kindle version of the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the simplicity of the title fool you, this is one powerful book!, April 3, 2013
Nonsilent Majority (Mutschellen, Switzerland) - See all my reviews
I received a copy of the script in advance for review purposes (FYI to Klibancat's negative review).
I've been tapping for over four years and have a level one certificate and this is my personal opinion: this is the book I wish I'd had from day one.
Whether novice or tapping expert, you'll enjoy and learn from this book. It tells the whole story of tapping, the science behind it and, chapter by chapter, deals with areas in our lives where it works (basically, everywhere!) plus adds plenty of scripts the reader can use throughout and yet it doesn't get stuck in too many details.
I knew most of the background about tapping and was worried I'd be bored. My initial skepticism was followed by avid page-turning. What I especially found useful: the subject "resistance to change" is covered near the start. This is something that has foiled many a person's efforts to make long-term positive changes in their lives--me included. The introduction to the Tapping Tree is also an eye opener which I will use in the future. I tapped along through the whole book even if a subject didn't seem to have much to do with my problems...and proceeded to have "a-ha" moments of insight to my behavior. Not only that, I could clear that behavior--probably forever!
The chapters on "A New Vision for Humanity" bought tears to my eyes at the healing that tapping is already making possible around the world, and in "A New Vision for You" Nick very wisely gives some tips about how to spread the gift of tapping with balanced enthusiasm rather than fanaticism. Thanks so much, Nick for taking the time and effort to put out this great learning and reference book. Thanks "Klibancat" for pointing out where many reviews were coming from. They don't need to be erased, but the writer's have to be open about having received the book.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor book but the main principle really works, May 29, 2013

The method itself works very well, BUT the method is misunderstood by the author. There is nothing revolutionary about this method. It is based on the same principle like "Mindsight" (Siegel) or "Sedona Method", or even Rebirthing and some ancient techniques like ZEN. You don't need the tapping part at all if you have deeper understanding like do have other authors( like Dwoskin). All this methods of working with emotions boils down to this:

-> elicit and feel the emotion, direct your full AWARENESS to this emotion(!), accept it as it is, then release it or let it be, or dive into it, breathe. Active awareness is the ultimate key. (but you will not find the above explanation in this book).

It is that "simple", it really does work, it has been known for millennia. No tapping and talking and UFO theories and body positions are needed. Once you mastered this internal awareness skill - you can do it on the fly in almost any situation (for tapping and out loud talking and looking silly you have to hide and additionally deal with trauma all this generates ;). The only thing what not to do is suppress the upcoming issue, sensation, emotions or turn away your attention. If you suppress - it persists and negatively affects you, if you observe it - it disappears like magic.(again - key information about the method, but hard to find in this book). After that you realize that was just a feeling which has dissolved - not Yourself. You and your awareness continue to exist and observe what feeling is coming next. When you resolve your problems you will experience for the first time your true being, not your emotions which come and go. Potentially great stuff, but limited by the author to the most superficial layer.

Meridians has nothing to do with this entirely internal process. Have you ever seen acupuncture precise pictures of meridians and points? Here you will not find any of those - only very general one picture, useless if you want to spot a small point in two dimensions. The truth is it is not necessary to engage any tapping when you know the real game and its psychological subtleties, which you will not find here. Ortner says in that book that meridians are 30 microns thick and at the same time gives extremely imprecise tips how to tap the end of meridian -"tap the top of your head". Where is it? It is laughable, so you can dismiss this entire book but don't dismiss the method behind it itself, it is among very few real things in this world which really does work.

But it is not 30 seconds cure for everything either - for difficult, old, strong, intertwined, multi layer issues one has to work in multiple sessions what amounts to hours (weaker and weaker feelings return less often)- but it is really worth it. In my opinion Sedona audio is the best - because you are guided to actively and effortlessly deal with your issues while listening (which is 60% doing it). It presents many interesting and powerful alterations to this core method and guides to apply it to different aspects of live. This book is terrible - but the principles behind id is so powerful that you can greatly benefit even from that :) If you want do it in extremely uncomfortable posture - go for ZEN, if you want do it very scientifically and not so efficiently - go for Mindsight, if you want do it with unnecessary garbage go for rebirthing and EFT(this), if you want to do it for real - go for The Sedona Method. Here you have only endless fluff so called "protocols" anybody can write (like "I have pain in my little finger, I have pain in my little finger, tap whatever you want and as many times you want"). You have useless stories of people to whom it helped. You will learn nothing of substance and your real ability of dealing with emotions will be very limited after this book. (Sorry for potential mistakes, English is not my native language).

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Life-Changing!!!!, April 16, 2013
One of these days I will actually start LISTENING to what the Universe is trying to tell me! A few years ago I kept hearing about tapping. I didn't look into it though, and just passively heard tidbits about it here and there. Recently, though, the subject kept showing up IN MY FACE. I heard about it EVERYWHERE. I felt really intrigued by the idea, and synchronistically had been looking for ways to relieve stress in my life. I begrudgingly decided to give it a try and ordered this book from Nick Ortner.

Thank goodness the Universe is patient, because this book BLEW ME AWAY! I did not expect it to be this way at all. I thought it was going to be another book about some scientific stuff that, honestly, doesn't really interest me. Still, I was willing to give it a try. While the scientific stuff is in there, it is, at its core, a book about PERSONAL TRANSFORMATION. The tool of tapping works on many levels, and as I read through the book, found ample opportunities to practice the technique. The first time I tried it in the early parts of the book I thought, "how am I ever going to remember all these steps?" I kept going though, and within the first couple of chapters, I found myself tapping independently, at random times during the day, with EASE! Once you do them a few times, the tapping points and statement guidelines are actually not difficult at all and just naturally stick in your mind. I did NOT have to work hard at all to benefit from the practices in this book!

As a spiritual junkie, I prefer self-help books to cater to that desire in me. I did not expect this book to be spiritual at all; boy was I wrong! It is deeply spiritual in a very natural, nonthreatening way. As I progressed through the book and continued practicing tapping on my own, I found that tapping is an extremely intuitive process that helps us to release blocks. These blocks keep us from hearing our Internal Guidance (aka intuition/ God/ Spirit/ angels/ Higher Self), and therefore keep us feeling stuck and alone. Each time I tap on an issue, it clears away some of that stuck emotion and I'm able to hear that internal whisper again.

I am a busy mom with a gaggle of young children. As much as I would dearly love to spend endless hours each day, blissed out on my meditation pillow, that is simply not a reality in my life right now. What I found with tapping, though, is that it is SO quick, effective, and easy, that I am using it ALL THE TIME! I don't have to be alone to do it. I don't have to wait until my children are sleeping or quiet. I don't have to set aside a large chunk of time. This is, perhaps, my favorite thing about this tool: its incredible accessibility! No matter how busy I am or how chaotic my life, tapping is available IN THE MOMENT. When I take a few minutes to do it, I feel more peaceful. EVERY TIME. WITHOUT FAIL. That is more than I can say for many other techniques I have tried!

Before I read this book, I was resistant to tapping because I didn't want yet another practice that promised to ease the stress in my life, but that I didn't have time for. I have a pile of discarded books already that, while lovely to read, are not practical for a mom on the go. And with each book I discarded, I'd feel more disappointment and a growing sense of hopelessness. THIS BOOK IS NOT LIKE THAT! I started using the technique immediately, and the results were SO immediately effective that I find myself using it all the time throughout the day.

I am just at the beginning of this tapping journey, but I'm already feeling so grateful to have this practice in my life. It has helped me to find peace in my daily life. That alone is worth its weight in gold!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Dunno How..., April 29, 2013
I really have no idea HOW exactly I stumbled upon this book here on Amazon, but boy, I'm glad I did! This book came in the mail a couple days ago, and I am preaching about it to anyone and everyone I can. I love this book. Yesterday I was on my feet for 8 hours straight at work and my feet were aching really really bad (I have flat feet). I did my tapping a couple times and the pain went away. I also tapped this morning to get rid of my stiff neck due to an awkward sleeping position and again, the pain just went away. I have mild eczema on my fingers and have been working on healing that. I'm an very optimistic, for I have seen MAJOR results in the last 3 days. :) I really love this book and I'm not even done yet. Thanks to me, my grandmother is reading it as I type this out right now. Everyone HAS to read this book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this myself, here are my amazing results., May 24, 2013
I didn't receive any advance copy of this book (wish I did!) and never met Nick.
I was just surfing around the internet and somehow came upon this book, and became intrigued.
Due to the excellent reviews (and I always read ALL the reviews - I get so much from reading people's reviews!) I decided to give this book a chance. Now I'd already taken some classes on EFT and have read much online, too.
I work counselling people for a living.
I am only on page 71, and have to write a review because I've already had smashing results myself and for my wonderful boyfriend, and my clients and I still have over a hundred pages left to read! (I'll return at the end of the book to complete this review!)
First my boyfriend had a headache and we tapped for that. Gone in minutes, no aspirin needed. OK, then I tried it on menstrual cramps, also gone in minutes. That's nice but not a big deal. So I say to my boyfriend (who is a wonderful man with a heart of gold, by the way) "Let's try it on your left hand." His left hand had been hurting him for two years. He's a mechanic and constantly working with his hands, fixing and building things. He works his butt off and never complains. But his hand was hurting and he'd get awful shooting pains up it each time he grabbed or gripped anything, pulling his work boots on, grasping a wrench, even massaging my back. We did about 10 minutes of tapping. The pain is gone. Even when I pressed the thumb (which ALWAYS sent shooting pains through him) nothing. All day, no pain. He changed my fan belt, no pain. Next day at work, no pain. It's been a week, still no pain at all. I SAW an emotional release when we did the final rounds of tapping, like his eyes got wet, and something released in him emotionally and then the pain was gone. So I suggested we try it on his RIGHT hand. That hand had severed nerves since he was 14. After 2 surgeries his doctor told him he'd never regain feeling and proper use of it. His thumb and pointer and middle fingers had been numb and clumsy for 32 years (he's 46). That's why he had to use his left hand all these years. Well, I'll cut this story short. He's regained the feeling in those fingers and can now use the hand. It took about 4 times tapping, about 15 minutes each time, done over the course of 3 days. The hand isn't 100% yet because he didn't use it much for all those decades, but he can pick up small objects, screw bolts, and feel hot, cold, even the ribs of my tank top. He can feel. So we tried it on his sinus pain yesterday. Gone in minutes and stayed gone all day so we could enjoy our country drive (:
I tried it on some emotional issues and they are gone. I still have much tapping to do for myself, not for physical pain (thankfully I have none) but for some emotional hot buttons from the past that I'm clearing out so I can feel less tense and worried. I have used it on clients and they are having some wonderful results too. I'll complete my review when I finish the book. But it's already proven to be COMPLETELY worth purchasing! I am excited to see what other amazing things we can do with EFT. Nick's book helped me understand a few things I was confused about EFT.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book can make your life a lot more comfortable to live, April 13, 2013
Surfwalkerhhi (STATESVILLE, NC, US) - See all my reviews
I bought this book to show my patients as a resource for managing the stress in their lives. Tapping is so simple, yet can make a profound difference in their lives. As an acupuncturist, I know that the points being used have a powerful impact on well-being.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, April 8, 2013
This is the best book on tapping that I've read. It's really clear and concise and I love that it feels like Nick is right there with you, encouraging you and telling you not to worry - you can't do it wrong, then showing you how to fine tune your focus to get even better results. There is wonderful advice for both the beginner and the more experienced tapper here. I really liked the chapter on the science behind tapping. We all knew it worked, but now science is showing us how and why it works and Nick has put it all together. There are a number of excellent books on tapping available and I've read them, but this is my favorite. A wonderful read and DO book.

1.0 out of 5 stars False Reviews and Inflated Rating!!!, May 24, 2013
Another reviewer is right. As of this date, many of these reviewers did not buy the book (183 total reviews now). They were given the book as part of a massive marketing gimmick to get the book to be a bestseller, and have high ratings. I was asked to participate in this as well. This typically means that only positive reviews get posted. The negative ones, like mine, are not posted. This may not change your opinion of the book, or the author. This doesn't mean it's not a good book, or beneficial. It almost certainly does mean that it has an inflated rating, and many of the glowing reviews are "insider reviews" (people on the authors list who only say good things with a 5 star rating). Just thought people who are honestly shopping and searching would like to know. The originator and creator of EFT, Gary Craig, has produced video's you can access on youtube to learn this process for free - from the originator.

LAST UPDATE:6/8/13 In the last comment that the author (Nick Ortner) makes about my post (as of today), he indicates that he does not believe that anyone that they gave free advance copies of the book to (asking for positive reviews), could have possibly written a negative review, like mine. THIS PROVES MY ENTIRE POINT! They only sent the advance free copies to those they knew would write glowing 5 star review. This is manipulation of the reviews and ratings. Read it for yourself in the comments of this post.

UPDATE: The author, Nick Ortner, is commenting and responding to negative reviews as Brenna Taylor. (See the first comment under this review, and click on Brenna Taylor. I have copied and pasted below what came up for me when I clicked on Brenna Taylor in that comment.) Doesn't mean he is a bad guy, just wanted interested people to know it is the author responding. I did not know it was the author responding to me. He did not identify himself as the author.

FURTHER UPDATE: Since I posted this, Nick has changed the name on the review from Brenna Taylor to Nick Ortner - Just wanted to clarify, because it's not there now.

Brenna Taylor
"Nick Ortner"
Helpful votes received on reviews: 92% (11 of 12)
Location: Newtown, CT USA

The Tapping Solution: A Revolutionary System for Stress-Free Living
The Tapping Solution: A Revolutionary System for Stress-Free Living by Mark Hyman M.D. (Hardcover - April 2, 2013)
$24.95 $15.97