4.0 out of 5 stars old classics people forgot about except me
I only listened to me bella me it was and still is a great song I have an orginal from I think the 60s still in great shape I dont have a 45 player any more since cds came out
Published on January 10, 2000 by glenn easley

3.0 out of 5 stars Good music, so-so sound quality.
Published on January 28, 2003 by The Rev.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good music, so-so sound quality., January 28, 2003
This review is from: The Tee Set: Golden Classics (Audio CD)
The netherlands put out a great amount of music in the early 70's that was great. This is top notch pop music from those days. The problem is the sound quality. This stuff sounds like it was mastered from a worn out commercial 8-track stored in someones moldy basement.But the music is five star: it gets docked two for sound quality.Otherwise the music is breezy and well orchestated. I find it a bit melancholy, but in a nice sentimental way. All in all: essential.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in this CD reissue, July 23, 2006
This review is from: The Tee Set: Golden Classics (Audio CD)
I owned the Cassette version at one time and the sound quality was much better than on this CD.

Also on this CD, they faded out "Magic Lantern" about 30 seconds before the end so we are deprived of this number in full.

Another minor gripe: all the numbers appear to be slightly speeded up on this CD. "Ma Belle Amie" on the 24 carat Tee Set CD is 5 seconds longer and I can hear the difference.

3.0 out of 5 stars CD Version Of The Lone U.S. LP By The Dutch Group The Tee Set, May 19, 2014
This review is from: The Tee Set: Golden Classics (Audio CD)
The Tee Set (vocalist Peter Tetteroo, guitarist Dill Bennink (also flute and banjo), keyboardist Hans Van Eijck, bassist Franklin Madjid and drummer Joop Blom) had a successful European career in the 1970s, especially in their native The Netherlands. As with fellow Dutch bands The Shocking Blue and The George Baker Selection, their U.S. releases were handled by Colossus Records, a short-lived label belonging to Jerry Ross with distribution arrangements through MGM and which, after releasing just 130 singles into 1971, folded its tent.

On this side of the Atlantic The Tee Set are generally regarded as a One-Hit Wonder thanks to their Feb-March 1970 # 5 Billboard Pop Hot 100 Ma Belle Amie which emerged as Colossus 107 b/w Angels Coming In The Holy Night, although they did crack the Hot 100 one more time with their only other U.S. release, the May 1970 If You Do Believe In Love b/w Charmaine as Colossus 114.

At the moment you have two options regarding CD coverage of their music, one that came out in 1994 from Collectables as part of their Golden Classics Edition series which provide the 12 sides from their lone U.S. LP "Ma Belle Amie" (Colossus CS-1001). While containing 3 of the 4 sides known in the U.S., it unfortunately did not include Angels Coming In The Holy Night, and that will be a disappointment for completist hits collectors. Also, the sound quality, while not bad per se and containing liner notes by Mark Marymont, will not appeal to diehard audiophiles.

On the other hand the 23-track import release from Pseudonym Records of The Netherlands has its sound "remastered in the 24-bit domain from the original master tapes at Finetune, Soest , The Netherlands" and, while including some re-recorded sides, these won't be familiar to most North Americans in any event. The important thing is, they make it clear the two charted U.S. sides and their B-sides are the ones with which we are familiar, and that includes all sides from their lone U.S. LP except Long Ago.

The full contents of the Pseudonym release are: 1. Ma Belle Amie (3:15); 2. Walk On By (My Door) (2:22); 3. Charmaine (3:22); 4. Since I Lost Your Love (2:20); 5. If You Do Believe In Love (2:47); 6. The Angels Are Coming (In The Holy Night) (2:28); 7. Long Ago (Now It Ain't So) (2:40 re-recorded version); 8. Gimme Some Lovin' (3:01); 9. Good Old John (3:44); 10. I Don't Wanna Know (2:11); 11. We Will Be There After Tea (3:15 - re-recorded version); 12. Smokey Joe's Café (3:09); 13. Bring A Little Sunshine (2:45 re-recorded version); 14. Finally In Love Again (3:19); 15. The Magic Lantern (4:31 stereo version); 16. Just Another Hour (2:43 re-recorded version); 17. Sugar Shack (3:53); 18. What Can I Do? (2:00); 19. Mr. Music Man (3:46); 20. Here In My House (3:06); 21. Willy Nilly (2:49 - re-recorded version); 22. Carmen (4:51); 23. Ma Belle Amie (3:14 - Italian version).

4.0 out of 5 stars old classics people forgot about except me, January 10, 2000

The Tee Set: Golden Classics
The Tee Set: Golden Classics by Tee Set (Audio CD - 1994)