4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Telling of The Telling
Published on April 18, 2010 by Mandy

3.0 out of 5 stars The Telling
As usual, Bev' does it again, but she's getting too predictable....I'm not too sure I want to get into her next trilogy.
Published on May 2, 2010 by Ada Ce Waymer-diherty

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Telling of The Telling, April 18, 2010
This third book in the Seasons of Grace series is wonderful story of God's grace and redemption in our lives. I enjoyed the simple, yet deep storyline that brought to life a tale we are all too familiar with. It was easy to follow yet held several unexpected turns or "hold ups" before the conclusion was found. The narration is wonderful and so authentic on this audio version that it drew me into the story even more than it would have through reading the book myself. I appreciated how the story dealt with some mature topics without being inappropriate for younger readers. Overall, Beverly has crafted yet another charming Amish fiction for readers to enjoy.

* * * * *

This review copy was provided courtesy of Oasis Audio.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Telling, October 20, 2010
Very good book in the series hopefully she has a book 4 that is more of a conclusion to this series.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Telling, May 2, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, April 16, 2010
This review is from: The Telling (Kindle Edition)
Beverly Lewis is such an amazing author. As always I read her latest book in 3 days. She has such a wonderful way of weaving different lives into the Amish community. The story line is a bit predictable but it is still a pleasure to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christian fiction, April 13, 2010
This review is from: The Telling (Seasons of Grace, Book 3) (Paperback)
Beverly Lewis has done it again. This book wraps up the series, stringing the reader along to find out how the truth is revealed.

3.0 out of 5 stars too predictable to be enjoyed fully, May 30, 2010
S. Ward (Gainesville, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Telling (Seasons of Grace, Book 3) (Paperback)
I read this book through to its end so I could "finish the series", but I didn't like this series as much as some others. As some have said, I found it way too predictable..(SPOILER WARNING) : mom gives up child for adoption, mom finds child and everything is just peachy, reader can GUESS totally WHO the child is from very early on....no one is upset by the findings...and the adoptive mom , who might have felt put -out , we will never know one way or t'other, is "Conveniently deceased"...
Point two: I find it HIGHLY DUBIOUS (sorry for the caps but don't know how to italicize here), that a faithful and "obedient" Ammish wife of Sooo many years would up and vanish like Letty did. It just "Wouldnt' happen" I agree. SUrely she could have sleuthed out the solution some other way..even with the Ohio Adoptor's /Adoptee's registry that was reveaaled at the end. A real AMish wife and mom would not DARE to risk shunning AND the fallout for her long-time family by doing what Letty did. I found that entire scenario very dubious and disturbing.
Thirdly: JMO, but I found Lewis' frank support of wholistic healing and "cleansings" to be very ill-advised in this book. Because the topic was CANCER, and frankly having cancer in my close family history, I just would not advocate forgoing chemo or radiation on the CHANCE a "cleansing" or some fad diets, however healthy or not, 'Might work." In the book , we are talking also of a VERY young woman with her entire life ahead of her! Yes I know Lewis includes a disclaimer re. this issue in the front of the book (wisely,and assumedly on the good advice of her lawyers), but Jeez Louise I just had my mouth hanging open at how vociferous she was at pursuing it in this book.
I look forward to another series (or even a single book) with less predictablility and more common sense.
As always, "JMO"
STill like Beverly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally the conclusion, May 19, 2013
Lourdes Garcia-Levis (PEEKSKILL, NEW YORK United States) - See all my reviews
I loved the series and had a hard time finding the book until I got it on Amazon. Frankly this series could have been written as one book had it not been for the fact that the author is out to make money...as all writers are, of course :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars a sweet conclusion, October 21, 2010
This review is from: The Telling (Seasons of Grace, Book 3) (Paperback)
In The Telling, the conclusion to the Seasons of Grace series, Lettie's secret is finally revealed, Grace makes her choice and Heather starts her journey to healing and learns some unusual news along the way.
It was a beautiful wrap up of all our questions and a heartfelt ending for all involved. Beverly Lewis again delivered a touching story. When Grace and Heather set off to find Lettie in Ohio, they wonder whether she'll be pleased or refuse to come home. Lettie, is struggling with the choices she's made and ready to make things right with everyone involved. However, did she consider the consequences for everyone else if she chooses to reveal her search?
I was quite pleased (and slightly surprised) with the ending of this series! I don't want to give away too much information, but if you made it through the first book, you'll definitely want to finish to the end!

Per the back of the book:
The anticipation of a homecoming, a chance to set things right...yet will "the Telling" cause further pain?
Accompanied by her new English friend, Grace Byler has left Bird-in-Hand to search for her mother in Ohio. But what if Lettie refuses to be found? Meanwhile, Lettie continues her private quest to find the missing piece of her life, though she is increasingly torn between the family she left behind and the yearning for her long-lost child. Will mother and daughter find the answers they seek?

*I received this book as a part of the Bethany House Review Program in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own.*

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not Beverly's best work., May 27, 2010
This review is from: The Telling (Seasons of Grace, Book 3) (Paperback)
I just finished reading "The Telling" a few minutes ago. While it was an okay book, I found it rather predictable. I had guessed who Lettie's child was long before I began this book, but I wanted to read it because I hate to leave a series unfinished. I have read several of Beverly Lewis' Amish series before (Annie's People, Abram's Daughters,ect) and usually, I love her books and can't stand to put them down. However, I just couldn't get into this book or the Season's of Grace Series in general in the same way. Here's hoping her next series is more like her previous ones than Season's of Grace.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Lewis Read, but incomplete story., April 4, 2011
Aloha in Virginia (Springfield, Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Telling (Kindle Edition)
The book is well written and interesting, as is typical to Lewis' other books. I have no complaints about the plot or storyline for this SERIES, but this book and the other book in the series are not stand alone books. They end rather abruptly. Plan on buying all three books/kindle editions if you want to read the full story. It feels as if the editors forced 3 books out of what would really just be one book.
I am giving this 2 stars because I don't think that it should be necessary to buy 3 books. For the budget minded, let this be a warning that it is not a single purchase.

The Telling (Seasons of Grace, Book 3)
The Telling (Seasons of Grace, Book 3) by Beverly Lewis (Paperback - April 1, 2010)
$14.99 $12.29