--Mel Silberman, author, 101 Ways to Make Training Active and Training the Active Training Way
From the Back Cover
Do you want to create a lot of training in a little time? Do you wonder how to involve your learners without wasting their time, or yours? Do you want to use your training time wisely and well?
The Ten-Minute Trainer is just what you need. Written for the busy training professional, this practical, grab-it-and-go book will show you how to design and deliver effective training programs in less time and with increased learner retention. Based on two major conceptsshorter segments of instruction are better than longer ones, and learners remember more when they are involved in the learningthis book provides 150 quick, high-energy ways to involve your learners without sacrificing content. This timely resource will also help you organize your training time so that your learners get the most from your instruction. With The Ten-Minute Trainer as your guide, you will be able to:
- Choose from 140 "Got a Minute?" activities proven to help learners review, repeat, and remember important information
- Use 10 short "Take Five!" games to RAP up the learningReinforce, Apply, and Practiceso that learning is moved rapidly into long-term memory
- Soak up ordinarily wasted instructional minutes with 30 Time Sponges such as Quick Starts, Take a Break, and Early to Finish activities
- Apply 2 powerful instructional toolsthe Learning Compass and Training Mapto shorten your training design and delivery time
- Include 4 "Get a CLUE!" elements to increase motivation and memory
- Use 5 Power-Hour Training Templates to create a custom training session on any topic, for any size group, and any age learner
- Change your concept of training time as you use small but mighty seconds and minutes in creative, interesting, and memorable ways
- Become a more time-efficient training professional and be able to explain the what, why, and how of it all to your training colleagues
Sharon Bowman, a thirty-year veteran teacher and trainer and author of seven popular training and motivation books, welcomes you into her world of fast-paced, shorter-is-better, high-energy, "teach it quick and make it stick" training!
"The Ten-Minute Trainer is an awesome guide for anyone who wants to spark engagement and learning. Its nuggets of wisdom, creative suggestions, and reader-friendly format make it a perfect resource for promoting effective training. Thank you Sharon!"
Mel Silberman, author, 101 Ways to Make Training Active and Training the Active Training Way