Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

78%
22%

VINE VOICEon June 12, 2006
If you're wondering who Shamgar is, you're not alone. I had no clue until I read this fun and fast-paced uplifting and challenging book. Shamgar is the third judge to the nation of Israel and there are two verses that tell a very brief story of this man and how he saved Israel. I thought this was going to be another Prayer of Jabez - find some obscure Old Testament reference, write a book expounding on the biblical reference and bam - best seller! Well, while the first two parts are true, this book is completely different than the Prayer of Jabez - it is a challenge for every Christian to allow God to use them for His glory. The book is filled with short snippets of men and women who have taken a small step of faith and God has done miraculous things in them and through them...but the key to this book is the encouragement to take that first step!

The book is a relatively quick read - just over 150 pages and very easy to read - this is a great graduation gift for a student from high school or college or to a young professional to encourage them to seek first the Kingdom in the use of their time, talents and treasure. Like Shamgar, a man with no training, little or no resources, but a willingness to be used greatly by God - we, too, can overcome great obstacles on our journey of faith.

If you're looking for an encouraging, uplifting and challenging book - sort of a Zig Ziglar on paper - this is an excellent selection for around $10.00. Buy one for yourself and give one as a gift!
on June 27, 2012
We all have small little demons inside of us telling us NO, telling us to quit, telling us why even bother getting started. Our own body and mind can play tricks on us all day long--but, only if we allow them too. In this book, the three secrets are not really anything new to anyone, but the difference is they are new if we have never done them before and that is what a challenge is all about. A normal every day man or women can achieve so much in life, we sometimes just need jump started, a nudge, a positive word or note to get the ball rolling. But heroes as well are just normal everyday people, then an event is set off and the cape, costume is revealed and the everyday is now the pace setter. That is the story behind the book--a farmer, a father, a husband dedicated to is work transforms into what others never thought or even himself thought he could achieve before the crisis set in. The book is very moving, and it allows one to really think about how to getting motivated in life--go against the stream in stead of with it. I really enjoyed this book--the story, and the comparisons to the modern people, leaders, I have heard of and have seen. 3,000 years and still today the story is useful and meaningful--pick this book and grow--I have and I thank the two authors and co-author for writing such an excellent piece.
on February 21, 2005
This book provides a great lesson in remembering that no matter how bad things seem, that if you 1. Start where you are 2. Use what you have 3. Do what you can - that you can persevere through any situation. This book is filled with great stories of perseverance. It starts a little slow but really builds momentum.
on December 31, 2014
Didn't know much about Shamgar, other than he was a Judge. With only an oxgoad, he killed a lot of enemies and saved Israel. Not a flamboyant man - an ordinary man, determined to protect his family and his nation. We call his kind "heroes" today. Good read.
on June 8, 2013
Easy to read and understand. Kept driving home the important point so that now I can not forget them. I would recommend anyone of any age read this book.
on March 5, 2016
One of the most inspirational books we have ever read My husband and I read it to each other We marked so many pages to review! We bought 2 more as gifts and will probably buy more It is a must read!
on August 1, 2014
The Three Success Secrets of Shamgar is a nice book about a little known figure in the Bible.
on May 8, 2015
Ol boy dropped boom on those Philistines with the good Lord above on his side.
on April 30, 2009
I bought a book from cloud9 and recieved it damaged, I talked with a rep. from cloud9 and explained the book had been damaged. They quickly apologized and refunded my money. I will order from them in the future for taking time to correct the problem.