5.0 out of 5 stars Good but a needs to be twice as long
Published 9 months ago by sakuraboy

3.0 out of 5 stars No deconstruction whatsoever
This episode shows nothing about the deconstruction approaches that Tim uses to acquire skills. But problem is, without that, the show is absolutely pointless. If I want to see just anyone get on a car and drive it without being explained how that skill is acquired, I don't need Tim Ferriss, I can just watch Discovery Channel or some Rally competition.
Regarding the...
Published 9 months ago by joe

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars No deconstruction whatsoever, December 12, 2013
Regarding the deconstruction process of a skill, episode 1 was much better and I hope the next shows will go even deeper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good but a needs to be twice as long, December 12, 2013
Pretty darn good but too short. Typically car/racing related shows dumb the topic down so much that it is totally useless to someone with more than a basic understanding of the subject. This show did at least make an attempt at covering rally driving skills to some extent even if the 20 minutes or so of allotted time was not sufficient. Would like to see 1 hour for future episodes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Informative, Though Short, January 29, 2014
I've been a Tim Ferriss fan for a long time now. I own all three of his books, and have been a reader of his website for the same duration. Recently I was reading the "Meta-Learning" portion of the Four Hour Chef, taking notes to try and build this style of learning into my own life. That section is incredible, and when I caught glimpse of "The Tim Ferriss Experiment", I thought this could be a great practical learning experience to apply these methods.

The show is cool, for certain. I find Tim to be a very likeable and thoughtful guy. The amount of crap the guy gets for being a hack I think is from people who, from the outset, are looking to be disagreeable anyways. The show is 20 minutes, very fast-paced, and goes right to the point. This, I think, is unfortunately a detriment to the show. Tim spends a week learning drums to play a gig with the band Foreigner (ep 1). And for the amount of compressed work he certainly had to do for the endeavor, I don't think the show highlighted it enough to be reflective of the process. My first suggestion would be to lengthen the show to 40 minutes to give a good, in-depth reveal, to give the audience a chance to connect to the triumphs and tribulations.

A great thing about the show is that Tim is just like the rest of us – he makes mistakes, he has a learning curve like anyone else, and the process isn't this highly precise road map. I think when folks criticize Tim's material, it's because of his achievements that he displays. The written material makes him sound infallible, and the show makes him more personable, human, and relate-able. This I dig.

All in all, I think it's worth splurging on at least one episode. For my purposes – which was to have an actual teacher demonstrate his principles for meta-learning – it really did exactly that. It gave me a human, non-theoretical example of how to put this information to practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fan, February 25, 2014
This review is from: The Tim Ferriss Experiment Season 1 [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
I am a huge fan of Tim Ferris. This episode confirms even more that we can learn anything we want. Turn off the TV and learn!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Sneak Peak looks great, February 25, 2014
But Tim, give us a full episode for free so that we can judge for real. This is not enough, and I can't rate a show that looks great but I'm unnable to see. If I have to rate it purely on what I saw... I can only rate it as above.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting show!, February 12, 2014
Anyone who is a fan of Tim Ferriss will love the Tim Ferriss experiment! It is entertaining, stimulating and motivates you to learn.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Show - needs to be longer, February 6, 2014
Not only does the show itself need to be longer, but Tim himself should take more time to learn each of the activities he wants to learn. Though I respect the notion of a good challenge, no one can really learn anything in the time frame that Tim is currently using. I would think giving himself a week is suitable though i recognize that this may not be feasible due to budgetary restrictions on behalf of the network. That's just my opinion. I am a fan of your work, own all your books and now every episode. Good luck on your future endeavors Tim.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, January 13, 2014
Tim shows you how the bend the rules of Life to get ahead and make it happen.

Lifehacking skills at its best!

5.0 out of 5 stars "If I can do it, you can do it", November 28, 2013
Dave Staats (Brentwood, tn United States) - See all my reviews
"If I can do it, you can do it" This statement is like a drug or hormone or something to me.
So much fun to see elements of 4HWW in action. Great to see an author living his words. I want to read the book over and over until I learn everything in it but it is more fun to see this and then go back to the book and see which pieces of the puzzle were used. This definitely goes on the watch every episode list. Now I have something to do while I wait for my muse to find me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tim does it again, simplicity!, November 27, 2013
Adam (Littleton Colorado) - See all my reviews
In my opinion anything Tim does is illogical but completely logical, so why not learn the drums and join a rock band? Sweet! Against the norm, but he keeps it so simple. I could feel his uneasiness, in his initial encounter with the Master and the drums kit. Great outcome and great video, Thanks Tim!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›