5.0 out of 5 stars great juice recipe book for beginners
Published on September 30, 2010 by Amrita

3.0 out of 5 stars Mis-titled book, in my opinion
Though the book has some interesting recipes and some useful information I found it to be a bit disappointing. There were plenty of recipes that weren't juice (i.e. shakes). Also, I don't think recipes that require crushing things or a blender are really juices, they are more like smoothies. It isn't a BAD book, I just don't think it really should be called a "JUICE" book.
Published on August 13, 2012 by Poway Sean

5.0 out of 5 stars great juice recipe book for beginners, September 30, 2010
This review is from: The Top 100 Juices: 100 Juices to Turbo-Charge Your Body with Vitamins and Minerals (The Top 100 Recipes Series) (Paperback)
Beautiful full-color images are the heart of this book. They make you want to jump out of your chair to start juicing. The book is organized into chapters: Detoxifiers, Weight shifters, Energy boosters, Stress busters, Antiagers, Digestion smoothers, Immunity strengtheners, and Brain boosters/Mood enhancers. I found the breakdown to be helpful in figuring out which juices I was interested in making. Owen also states whether the recipe is friendly to specific diets like dairy-free, nut-free, seed-free, fat-free, low-calorie, even low-GI index, etc and what kinds of vitamins each juice has like vitamin B1 and C, thiamine, manganese, zinc, etc. There is also a really nice section in the back called the "Ailments directory"- here, Owen talks about common ailments like hay fever, IBS, PMS, even hair loss and what juices to try for them. This book is colorful and inviting to first-time juicers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Juice Book!, December 14, 2008
This book was fantastic. I didn't buy it on Amazon because I really wanted to see the recipes prior to purchasing it. The chapters are broken up by what the juice aims to do (i.e., anti-aging, detoxifying, weight shifters, etc.). What I like is that you could find most of the ingredients at a normal grocery store AND each recipe is accompanied by a picture. I wasn't looking for a written lecture on why I should juice, but I did want to know the benefits that the drink would provide. Each recipe provides an overview on the benefits of each veggie/fruit and what vitamins the drink will provide. A majority of the recipes can be done with a juicer, but there are some that utlize a blender. I definitely recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT recipes, February 21, 2011
OVER 100 pages of simple easy recipes that don't break the bank. Each page explains what each ingredient does for the body. Each recipe has 3-4 ingredients. The last few pages deals with various ailments and simple ways to try to fix them like acne issues, obesity or migraines are a few examples.
My family of 3 loves the juices and smoothies that I make on a daily basis on our vita-mix.
***** THIS BOOK IS A MUST BUY *****

5.0 out of 5 stars YUMMY ALL THE WAY!, September 13, 2007
This is a OUTSTANDING book of it's type. I literally had to restrain myself from going upstairs and throwing fruit and more in the blender!
Take my word for it, Sarah Owen does juicing PROUD in this great little
collection of 100 juices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes without the preaching, October 24, 2011
S. Hokanson (Harrisonburg, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I just purchased my first juicer, and can't believe how few modern books there are on juicing. I'm not looking for a book that will preach about all the diseases that juice cures, yada yada yada. I eat a plant-based diet and am healthy. I just wanted a way to drink some of the fruits and veggies that I find less palatable (i.e., I love orange juice but can't stand the texture of eating oranges) or too much of a pain to cook with (beets, for example!).

I was looking for a book to provide the facts on what the various fruits and veggies are good for, nutritionally, and some tasty recipes.

This book offers just that, with no infomercial-style preaching. And, the pictures are gorgeous. Very happy with this book so far - I'm about 10 recipes in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource for Jucing Newbies, July 25, 2012
Purchased a juicer after watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Tried a few thigs on my own but needed some guidance. Found this book on Amazon and it was just what I was looking for. Photos are beautiful, recipes are easy, love the way recipes are sorted, and the book is a great resource. I have made quite alot of the juices and every one is a winner! I highly recommed this book to any one looking to get into juicing but not knowing where to start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply wonderful!, February 28, 2011
I bought this book because I saw it in a bookshop by chance, at the time I was thinking of buying a juicer. In the meanwhile I have prepared over 20 of the juices. Not all are to my taste but then vegetable juices are more difficult to like than fruit juices but I try them all as even the bad tasting ones are supposed to do something for your health, maybe even more than the great tasting ones. This book gives you a lot of useful information and it is easy to use. Really a great book. It has become my everyday bible! I skip the smoothies with milk products, not my type of thing and luckily there aren't many in this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for Beginners!, July 11, 2012
We just got into juicing and I didn't know where to start, so I ordered this book and love it! It's catagorized by detoxifiers, energy boosters, weight loss, etc. Highly recommend it to anyone interested in good juice recipes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth more than money!, April 27, 2013
This is book is "AWESOME". I carry it with me all the time because I never know when I'm going to pass a vegetable stand or grocery store. I find myself purchasing fruits & veggies pretty much everyday. There are so many fruit & veggie combinations in this book with results that could help a person live a much healthier life. It is said we need to consume 8 servings of fruits & veggies a day. Who could really eat that much? Juicing it is the way, an this books has the recipes. The only downside is there's only 100 recipes in this book so there has to be a continuation in the makings, or I need to find it if it's published.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mis-titled book, in my opinion, August 13, 2012