To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
The Torch and the Sword (Final Quest) Paperback – January 31, 2006
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Author
Rick Joyner is the founder and executive director of MorningStar Ministries and Heritage International Ministries and is the senior pastor of MorningStar Fellowship Church. He is the author of more than forty books, including The Final Quest, a worldwide bestseller. Rick is the president of The Oak Initiative, an interdenominational movement that is mobilizing Christians to be engaged in the great issues in our time. Rick and his wife, Julie have five children: Anna, Aaryn, Amber, Ben, and Sam.
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
We have read both prior works ("The Final Quest" and "The Call"), and this sequel really brought home several truths which spoke to us personally as well as corporately.
The three main points that spoke to us were:
1) The children being raised up within the church to their rightful spiritual destiny.
2) Women being released in power and ministry.
3) The creative Hand of God shining through His people.
Although an avid reader, I would have to say that most books I read have some level of "fluffer fill." This book does not. It is a very strong message of repentance balanced with a message with encouragement and an impartation of God's strength. We highly recommend it.
The book is a combination of many visions the author had. The main vision depicts the Armies of God fighting the Armies of the Evil one. Many great insights are revealed by the way these armies fight, their tactics, what weapons they use, the mistakes they make, the opportunities they miss, etc. The vision continues with the author walking in the Judgment Hall of Heaven, meeting may past saints, and hearing their stories.
The Book, The Vision and also the Torch and the Sword, had a profound effect on me in these ways.
1. It has dramatically increased my faith in Jesus.
2. It has demolished any faith I had in Myself, Mankind, or Man's wisdom.
3. It has given me a sobering awareness of the Evil one's tactics and craftiness.
4. It has revealed many empowering and glorious resources of the Lord that I did not consider which has given me more Hope.
5. I started to see the overall picture of God's Plan. And different parts of the puzzle started fitting together in harmony, and I got answers to many of the Hard Questions of Christianity.
6. It has shown many of the Pitfalls and Traps that even the Seasoned, Mature Christians will fall into, and yet not even know they have fallen. The lessons were profound yet simple. They were they same lessons learned from the Bible, yet even I who have studied the bible have many times overlooked them. The Lord could not trust people with much anointing or power, until they learned the lessons.
7.Read more ›
All of Rick Joyner's books are helpful. The Surpassing Greatness of His Power is a foundational book that I encourage you to read first. The Final Quest and The Call will help those more discerning folk.
We see the Saints of God (the people who have asked Jesus personally into their lives) in an actual real live battle and we see Armies, Angels and Demons.
We see the body of Christ deeply divided and many struggling in fear, unbelief, unforgiveness, bitterness, sexual and many other sins and the saddest part of it is they don't even realise what is happening. They think this is their 'lot in life' and put up with it.
Then the Lord starts to restore His Church.
But not without severe opposition from both inside the Church and the World.
In the visions Rick himself makes many foolish mistakes which leave him open to attack and little by little he and we hopefully learn how to walk with God as He wants us to in love and faith.
If you liked 'The Pilgrim's Progress' by John Bunyan (which was also given as a vision in a dream and has blessed millions world wide.) then you should like this too.
I recomend you read the other two books first being in order; 'The Final Quest' and 'The Call'.
All three books are excellently written too and with wondefull descriptions of Heaven and of our lovely Lord Jesus.
These would be great books for a new Christian as they could jerk the slack out of his life and help him press deeper into the Lord.
May God really bless you.
1. There is a River of God’s Presence that gets bigger the more we drink from it. Also, the larger the number of people is drinking from it, the bigger it gets. We have to guard it from getting polluted.
2. A young girl mentors a more mature and higher ranked person in how to ride his spiritual horse and drink from the River of God’s Presence in order to see more clearly and get directions. She also is very instrumental in helping to organize and utilize people’s giftings so that the army can fight more efficiently.
3. Even though the enemy might be surrounding you in overwhelming numbers, victory can be immanent.
4. People from our great cloud of witnesses show up to help us in the battle sometimes.
5. Our (human) enemies can be turned into friends by giving them a drink from The River of God’s Presence.
6. Never cut down something evil with your sword that you don’t plan on replacing with God’s Torch of LIGHT or it will grow back so huge that its fruit could crush houses and poison hundreds!
7. Prophets look like eagles in the spirit. When they flap their “wings” by rising up into The LORD’S Presence, they not only see how to move forward, but the Breath of God rolls away the poisons of carnal air and makes it easier for the whole army to see better.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Thought provoking and a must read for the final battle. Highly recommended for the true disciple. The KING is coming!Published 1 month ago by Vicky Sue Tye
Excellent series of books. Great God for the visions he gave to Rick Joyner. Great author for being obedient & writing his visions for all.Published 1 month ago by Lisa C
I would recommend this book to anyone who is truly searching for the heart of our Father and Kingdom. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Rita Foulkes
This book is a call to action!
This book is to be lived out not just read!
This book is fast forward in seeking God's heart having eyes to see and ears to hear as Holy... Read more
This is a true vision! I highly recommend that everyone read this book and the whole set.Published 2 months ago by Farmgirlnurse