Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Trader Joe's Companion: A Portable Cookbook
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 17, 2009
Forget about copying down recipes anymore. No need to pre-plan your meals before shopping. This cookbook easily fits in your purse! Make food that is tasty and aesthetic enough to feel proud serving company, nutritious and easy enough to feed your family nightly and still leave you some quality time at the end of your day. This cookbook encourages families to take full advantage of trader joe's niche: prepped, healthy ingredients. A perfect companion for working parents.
on October 25, 2009
Hands down the best idea, a travel-sized cookbook! This book fits easily into my canvas bag and I'm able to flip through it while shopping at my favorite grocer. The recipes are fun, easy to follow and of course the food is tasty! Give it up to Deana and Wona, it's a terrific book!
I love this second Trader Joe's book which we added to our collection, with the first one also being by Dean and Wona. This one is a great one to take with you to the store and I read a 1-star review here where she was talking about Trader Joe's not carrying a lot of the stuff mentioned in the book. That's not the fault of the book; it is the nature of how Trader Joe's business operates and they don't stop carrying it for good; they usually bring it back in cycles. Anyway, the recipes are easy enough for someone like me - a total non-chef - to whip together and I do love the art work and the shape and feel of the book. Fits easily into my purse. Thank you for such a great second Trader Joe's book.
on September 8, 2012
This is a handy little cookbook chock full of recipes that are delicious and also easy. It is called "companion",and although it can easily stand on its own, it is even better as a side piece to one of the full size Trader Joe's books.
VINE VOICEon July 12, 2011
I love Trader Joe's and have either purchased or perused every cookbook in this category. While this one is okay, it is not the strongest.

This is billed as portable, and that's subjective. It's big enough that I would not carry it around or take it shopping with me.

I don't really care for the design- it is plain and easy to follow, but I do dislike cookbooks that do not contain photos of at least some of the completed recipes.

The recipes seem okay, I did not find them inspiring enough to make. Compared to some other TJ's- themed cookbooks, this one does not rely heavily, or make great use of TJ's-specific products. Most of these recipes could be made by those shopping at any reasonably well-stocked grocery- which may be a plus to some, but does not really support the premise of the book.

The extras are not very interesting- a list of TJ store locations is not likely to come in handy- if you're buying this book, you probably already know where your local TJ stores are.

If you love all TJ-s related cookbooks, go ahead and pick this up to complete your collection. If you want to buy just one, I recommend the "I ( heart) Trader Joe's Cookbook" instead.

One last though- a few reviews here criticize the fact that recipes may call for ingredients no longer carried by the stores. This is just a fact of life at TJ's- some products are seasonal and while a product may be loved by you, things get discontinued all the time. This is not the fault of the authors.
on April 20, 2010
I've made three things from the Trader Joe's Companion and they were all very tasty. I have always loved TJ's Gyozas and the Asian Dumpling Soup was a new, yummy way to eat them. I usually just put chicken in with the masala sauce, but loved trying the Vegetable Tikki Masala recipe. The Enchilada Casserole is also going to become a regular at our house!
on February 11, 2010
I love the 1st book. This one is just perfect!! I can't wait to take it to Trader's with me. What a great little book.
on June 16, 2010
Great book to take along to the store. Inspires me to try new recipes. Bought it for others who also love Trader Joes.
on September 11, 2011
It was a present to my niece and she said she loves it being a college student on a budget.
on June 22, 2015