4.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas but not all free
Since I borrowed this book with my Amazon Prime, it is difficult to criticize it. I did get a few ideas from the book, but we had only two days in London. I also have Rick Steve's London book which provided more information.
Published 16 months ago by Elaine

2.0 out of 5 stars I Actually DID go to London a few weeks back
And quite frankly, you can readily find as much information about free activities and much more (like where to find free WiFi) by simply typing "free activities London" into a search engine.

Published 19 months ago by Grandma

2.0 out of 5 stars I Actually DID go to London a few weeks back, January 12, 2013
This review is from: The Travel Free Guide To London: 119 Free Things To Do (Travel Free eGuidebooks Book 8) (Kindle Edition)

The entries in this book are extremely basic and consist mainly of links to other websites. There aren't even any included maps - just links to maps! This is FAR less than helpful when you are standing in the middle of Heathrow with no internet access. Public places like airports and train stations do not have the free WiFI we have here in the US. Don't plan on using your phone either until you've taken a look at the rates that International Roaming costs.

Things it might be pretty important to know, like how far Queen Mary's Rose Garden is from King's Cross and whether it might be best to take the Underground or a cab are non-existent. You'll find no map of the underground, no suggestions as to where to change money or find an ATM - not even a notation that all ATMs in the UK are free.

You can entirely forget listings for things like the Christmas Market, which takes place along the banks of the Thames next to the London Eye or any of the open air markets.

London is absolutely swimming with fun things to do that are free. Grandma suggests that you Google. In fact, Grandma would be highly surprised if the author didn't do exactly that himself.

Two thumbs down. Grandma would nominate this as her Worst Travel Guide of the Year, but sadly, she has seen even worse.

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs an editor, but some good info., April 11, 2013
I got several guides for my upcoming trip to England (free and paid, hardcopy and e-book). The author is knowledgeable and gives many good suggestions. However, the book is riddled with spelling and grammar errors to the point that I found it very distracting. If you're like me in that way, you may not be able to see past that to get the most out of this book. For the most part, worth a look if you're trying to do London on a budget.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, September 3, 2013
This is not that informative. It is ok for basic info. If you have never been then it is a starting point for those.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas but not all free, April 17, 2013
Elaine (Walnut Creek, CA, United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful And Easy To Use, May 31, 2014
This ebook fits in the same mold as several other books I have read in this series, by this author. It is a very quick read with a lot of useful information. For those aspects of London in which you may be interested in delving further, you are provided with ample hyperlinks for further research. The real value of an e-book, that is intended to provide information, resides in using the Internet this way. In that regard this book hits a home run. I have had occasion to travel in London a lot over the years, so I’m aware from personal experience that much of the information is accurate. I will be using it in future trips to London to expand my horizons. Of course, it can be downloaded your tablet for easy carrying when you travel. It is well worth its modest cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes!, May 26, 2014
Took my son to London for his first visit last summer. This was a great guide for things that I had forgotten about.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good, March 25, 2014
I thought the app interesting and useful. I would recommend it to others. If a person is interested in doing things that are free in London, this is the app to read. I'm sure this author has other 'free' guides to other cities.

5.0 out of 5 stars PACKED WITH GREAT INFO, February 7, 2014
Suzy 47 (Staten Island NY USA) - See all my reviews
Going to London and found this book very informative. I enjoyed reading the little tidbits the author included. It was easy to find specific information about the different sights. I am sure , I will refer to it, while on vacation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, informative book, December 20, 2013
The book provided lots of ideas for things do. I will take it with me and use it everyday to plan our activities. I also appreciated how it was organized, it will be easy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars London Guide, December 13, 2013
LONDON GUIDE
a good guide.> traveling to London is a great experience, This guide will help with doing things and seeing sights.
It is helpful to know where to go and what to see. My advice is buy a tube pass.

Rate and Discover Movies