Published on December 9, 2010 by Carter's Mom

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
All the positive reviews led me to purchase this one. I stuck it out through the end, which actually took me a long while as I had no motivation to play for any length of time. Personally, it was one of the least enjoyable puzzles games I have purchased at Amazon. Obviously, many others disagree so it's really a matter of the type of puzzles that interest you...
Published on March 20, 2011 by Cherise

5.0 out of 5 stars A great seek and find game with excellent story line and puzzles, December 9, 2010
This review is from: The Treasures of Mystery Island 2: The Gates of Fate [Download] (Software Download)
I really enjoyed this seek and find game. You need to search for objects and combine objects to solve more complex puzzles. Most levels require you to navigate between several scenes to find all the objects and solve each puzzle to enable you to move to the next level. The storyline involves a couple who have been separated from one another by a time portal. I liked the creativity of the story and the graphics. I also enjoyed that this game was fairly long. It took me several days to finish (probably 6-8 hours) -- that is much longer than many of the new games being released. The puzzles were challenging enough to be interesting, but not terribly frustrating. This is the best game of this genre that I have played in quite some time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than your average HO game, November 9, 2010
This is an adventure/hidden object game where the hidden objects serve a purpose, unlike most. I have not yet finished the game but it is an enjoyable way to pass the time. It is in the same vein as Dire Grove, a personal favorite, but not as somber! If you are tired of searching for "watermelons in the desert" try this game, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful game, December 19, 2010
I truly enjoyed this game. Beautiful graphics and nice story. The game has its own hint system which I liked having there (saves some time if you are stuck) even though the puzzles are pretty obvious and not too hard. Objects are skilfully hidden but easy to see when your are looking at them :).

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, March 20, 2011

I didn't like the graphics, the mini games were quite a challenge and I skipped through most of them as I'm more into the hidden objects than I am mini games. It's different from the typical search in that you are searching for small pieces of each object rather than the entire object itself. This definitely made things challenging but I found myself annoyed with this style of game rather than a relaxing experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars A jolly game for everybody, February 12, 2011
The producers at Alawar have published a stable of excellent games including Snark Busters, Twisted Lands, Mystery of Mortlake Manor and the somewhat older Treasures of Mystery Island and Treasures of Mystery Island 2.The art work is very good indeed, including the central figures Alex and Lisa who are delightful, and the environments which will hide hidden objects with diabolical skill are lovely and colorful. Luckily the hint button is very obliging because the little pieces of each object that you must ferret out to make a whole tool of some sort are very expertly disguised and it's quite possible to peer and peer and think the game must have made a mistake, but the tiny object will be there alright. The hint mechanism is very forgiving.

You play as Alex who is a courier and is carrying as cargo in his small plane dozens of postal letters for people all over the place. Your plane hits an electrical storm and down you go, landing on a strange uncharted tropical island which is inhabited by various tribes. The locals, including shamans and chieftains, are willing to help you if you help in return. As the protagonist of any HOG you are a world class handyman and will use your expertise from building a bridge to chopping wood to getting rid of menacing bees. You will search for and find hundreds of tools and objects and must figure out where and when to use them.

You'll be poking your nose into caves, visiting jungles and waterfalls and government buildings, restoring the beam of a lighthouse, tidying up things as you go along. The mini-games are well integrated into the plot and they're fun, being hard enough to intrigue the cagey gamer but not excruciating for the lesser endowed player (like me). This game is just plain enjoyable, being very nicely put together, and Treasures should appeal to just about everybody! I loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!!, October 20, 2010
Lenore Jonas "Spirit-Filled Nurse" (E. Brunswick, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I absolutely enjoyed playing this game. There are many games that are fun but not as challenging as this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my All Time Favorites, December 25, 2010
This game was a surprise. The graphics are fantastic. The mini puzzles are the most unusual (not too hard, but challenging at times)and unique. It was also a fairly long game, which I like. Finding pieces of objects and using them on other scenes was along the lines of the Mortimer Beckett games, which I enjoy. You will not be disappointed with this game if you enjoy the hidden object type game.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun and challenging, January 20, 2011
Lots of great puzzles, I typically get bored with hiden object sequences but these were fun, simple but fun. I usually get through these games very fast, a few hours, but this one actually lasted me three days. I was much pleased with this game and am happy to have it in my archives, where, in a few years when I forget the puzzles, I can play it again! I am really glad that I trusted everyones review on this game.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun, January 4, 2011
To me this was almost the perfect game. It has an engaging storyline (a couple gets separated on an island, one partner gets stuck in 1989 and the other in 1979; they must find their way back to each other by collecting tiles that need to go back into the gate that will reunite them), good graphics and so many diverse and challenging puzzles that the game never once was boring.

It offers hours of entertaining and interesting game play. At times I skipped puzzles because I found them too difficult (but I am not one to try for too, too long either, so this should not discourage people in general - this is great for gamers who love a certain challenge). Most of the puzzles were new to me, and I had not seen them in any other game before. Even though some of the puzzle types are occasionally repeated in the game, they are always different enough to not feel repetitive.

I played Twisted Lands: Shadow Town [Game Download] right before I played this one and both games were just great. Much, much better than the usual Hidden Objects game one can download for this price. I highly recommend both The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Gates of Fate and Twisted Lands: Shadow Town to people who like me get bored stiff by regular Hidden Object games and love to see more diversity in their games.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best game I have purchased, January 30, 2011
This game has been the best purchase I have enjoyed downloading from amazon. The storyline is well written and the puzzles are challenging, but not to much so one ends up frustrated. The hidden objects are part of the game but you must figure out how to use some of the items found. The locations are fun and the characters act their parts well. This is the best combination of HOG's and great puzzles to solve. You are able to travel to various locations to find the tools or items needed to complete the level. At first I thought it would be a shorter game-was I wrong. You get over an ample amount of play. Definitely worth the investment.