Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on December 24, 2007
I opened this book looking forward to plenty of useful facts, good organization, and maybe even engaging writing.

I'm sorry to say that I was disappointed on all accounts.

This is unfortunate, because The Trouble is Not in Your Set is a a great title, and the book has excellent production values (kudos to the C.J. Krehbiel Company). Plus, both the author and the subject matter had great potential.

What the book ends up being is a disjointed romp through the author's personal history and the history of network television and that of a few of her heroes. But even though this book is an example of self-publishing gone bad, it does have some interesting nuggets of fact, and some entertaining anecdotes (the one about the bogus Cincinnati advertising agency cooked up by two bored copywriters almost--but not quite--makes up for the disjointed narrative). I'd say pick this up if you're a completist interested in broadcasting or Cincinnati history.

But I wish she hadn't co-opted the title ...