|Digital List Price:||$14.99|
|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $12.00 (80%)
The Truest Thing about You: Identity, Desire, and Why It All Matters Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 224 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
Audible NarrationAudible Narration: Ready
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $3.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
It has been a long time since I’ve read a Christian book cover to cover, but I was so entertained and convicted by The Truest Thing that I was hungry for more.
In addition to believers struggling with discontentment, I also think this book is perfect for new believers or those looking to renew their relationship with God. It’s simple, straight forward, entertaining , and convicting (in a good way).
In The Truest Thing about You: Identity, Desire, and Why it All Matters, Lomas and Jacobsen want us to look at "the truer things, the things so deeply true about you that they have the power to change everything else" by discovering what God says is the truest thing about us. It is pointed out that there are many true things about us, both good and bad, but what we need to understand is that they are not the real, true core of our existence, or in other words, the truest thing.
Divided up into 8 chapters to explore the truest thing, the chapters are arranged as follows:
Chapter One- Who We Are: A Collection of Someones
"Have you ever realized that the most fundamental and existential questions in life spring from your identity? Who am I? Why am I here? What am I meant to be? What is my purpose? Can I ever change who I am? Does anyone know and love the real me?"
Chapter Two- How We Got Here: A Paradigm
Most of us are likely to identify ourselves through what we do, have, or desire.
Chapter Three- What We Are Meant To Be: The Imago Dei
Imago Dei is a Latin term that means “image of God.” "God never took away our call to be both bearers of His image and stewards over His creation. Imago Dei is for all people at all times. It’s who we are.
Chapter Four- The Truest Human: Jesus and Identity
Jesus was human here on earth and our identity should be tied to Him.Read more ›
Beyond that, on a deeper level, this book has power. I believe it says many things in a raw way that many Christians may have thought, but would never directly say. It works because it resonates with so many people who are troubled, seeking change, seeking something more. I was brought to tears on several occasions.
Highly recommended for non-believers and Christians who need a shaking to their core, and a fantastic reminder of who we really are, are meant to be, and who Jesus is. And all the false identities we have managed to build up in our lives without even realizing it.
David is vulnerable, and funny while at the same time being so direct about God's complete restoration and transformation in us. I love how David is able to have this book feel applicable to everyone, and lays out the gospel so beautifully and simply. I highly recommend this book to anyone, Christian, non-Christian, anyone who has tried to find and understand their identity.
The Truest Thing about You avoids the common Christian Checklist that is so popular in today's contemporary Christian genre (5 keys, 6 Truths, 99 Red Balloons), and instead drives home one simple point that will change your view of self.
A great read.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Not the message I expected. The product was shipped fine and everything about the purchase itself was fine. The one star rating is for the actual book content itself.Published 2 months ago by Wendy S. Robinson
Really appreciated his thoughts on this important topic, and how it relates to idolatry. Was worth the read for sure.Published 3 months ago by The Beetle
It's not what you expect but it is true, every word of it is true. Worth buying and reading.Published 4 months ago by Leo B. Page
A fresh and inspiring journey into the beauty of the Gospel. I am loved by God and nothing can change that reality!!!!Published 5 months ago by PaulSheneman
This is an excellent read. Very thought provoking, and effective at finding your identity in Jesus. 100% worth your timePublished 6 months ago by christopher
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Personal Growth
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Self Help
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Social Issues
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Spiritual Growth
- Books > Parenting & Relationships
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Books > Self-Help > Spiritual
- Books > Self-Help > Success
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Parenting & Relationships
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Inspirational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Personal Growth
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Self-Help
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Social Issues
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Spiritual Growth
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Spiritual