4.0 out of 5 stars Trust, not money, is the currency of life
"The Trust Edge - How Top Leaders Gain Faster Results, Deeper Relationships and a Stronger Bottom Line" I love the way the full titles of books these days describe the book. "Trust, not money, is the currency of business and life".

Published on December 24, 2011 by Jim Estill

2.0 out of 5 stars Ironic...but don't trust these reviews
I think it's ironic that I don't trust any of these reviews (111 5-star reviews, really???) for book written about trust. I saw all the high reviews and received the book as a gift. I got around to reading it and, lo and behold, this book offers only basic advice. The author also points to statistics and facts, but fails to ever use references. This is a very basic book,...
Published 1 month ago by Consumer

4.0 out of 5 stars Trust, not money, is the currency of life, December 24, 2011

The gist of the message is leaders need trust and there is a lack of trust in the world today. Horsager cites numerous examples of low trust and explains the damage that causes. He also describes the value of having high trust. He goes on to explain how to gain trust.

I know that with trust, leaders can do great things and with low trust, nothing happens.

He talks about the 8 pillars of Trust. One I particularly liked was 3 - Character - People notice those who do what is right over what is easy.

There are sections in the book that echo those found in most self help books (like my Time Management book). It even has a section on time management and how to handle email more efficiently. He includes what he calls magnetic traits with corresponding repellant traits. Things like Grateful vs Thankless, Good Listener vs Talker, Optimistic vs Pessimistic, Honest/real vs Exaggerating. I can identify with each trait. I do not see them as black and white, rather they are all on a continuum.

I loved the many quotes throughout. Gives me many more to tweet. There was even another quote for me about habits by Charles Noble "First we make our habits, then our habits make us.

The book is well researched with 13 pages of footnotes.

Good read. I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock Solid, October 11, 2012
This review is from: The Trust Edge: How Top Leaders Gain Faster Results, Deeper Relationships, and a Stronger Bottom Line (Hardcover)
The Trust Edge reinforces David's idea that trust is not a soft skill. The 8 pillars of trust are not only applicable in business today, but also in your personal relationships. You can tell the work and research that went into making this book a great read and a must read in today's changing world.

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend it highly..... trust me!, July 27, 2011
Dave does an excellent job of sifting through the sales psycho babble and gets to the heart of the matter - If someone trusts you or what you are doing as "whole" or with "purpose" you will be successful in translating your message to them.

Read it, and be enriched!

Stieg Strand

5.0 out of 5 stars The Trust Edge, October 11, 2012
When I first read this book I thought it was the next best thing to Jim Collin's "Good to Great". We used this book for a monthy team-building chapter by chapter lunch discussion among the lead operations staff that run the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport and found it insightful and applicable to our day to day relationships with each other, our staff, our tenants and customers. Good to see this book get even more exposure and distribution with Simon and Schuster as publishers! Steve Wareham, Director of MSP Operations

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book I Can Trust, October 11, 2011
I have loved reading this book. If you are interested in becoming trusted not only at work, but in every context and relationship in my life, this would be the book to pick up! Horsager puts to words the very heartbeat of business and relationships with a foundation of trust. With clear and relevant examples the Trust Edge has helped me develop as a professional and a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical language for building trust, October 10, 2011
Scott A. Lundeen (New Orleans, LA United States) - See all my reviews
It's not always easy to get my mind around words like trust, leadership, success, etc...

The Trust Edge presents 8 pillars of trust with examples and ways to implement - great language for a team or company to use together. Planning to buy books for my staff.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Trust Edge!... Wow! ...Every bit of 5 stars!, October 10, 2011
It doesn't matter if you work at a mega-corporation or from home, The Trust Edge will affect how you do business - and live your life. It's a must read for anyone who is serious about seeing results and getting the most out of themselves.
**President - World of Travel

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't miss concepts!, October 7, 2011
Dave makes moving on the issue of trust go from common sense to common practice. Great concepts which can help anyone achieve a higher level of trust, and allow business leaders to increase productivity from all their employees. This is a must read. I use it in my classes to emphasize the importance of trust in the workplace to my students.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent perspectives, July 6, 2013
A 'must read' for anyone in business or management.
Clear, concise, well thought-out and researched.
Appropriate and useful examples.
I will be referring back to this book regularly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only for those serious about success, June 17, 2013
Let's face it, this book is not for everyone. It's just for people who are serious about success, honesty and living the good life. I love this book and think that David Horsager has really created a masterpiece for the entrepreneur in the new marketplace. The Trust Edge is like the bible of the new business owner. Congratulations, David. This book is awesome.

$25.99 $19.39