Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2008 5:54:02 PM PST
Don Gilmore says:
Why is Barack Obama considered black and not white? Why that's so simple. Running for president, which color would have been the most advantageous to energize a black or colored swing vote? Well, that's your answer. It's not politically correct, I'll acknowledge, but it's the truth. It's always best to tell the truth instead of dreaming up fairy tales. One of the problems with our country is that many people live fairy tales and believe they are alive and thinking.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2008 5:25:22 PM PST
It doesn't matter who people vote for when it comes to the president, that is a myth. What people need to do is pay attention to their local politicians and vote the one into office that share your ideals, and hope they make the same choice you would. So your asking the wrong people if the color of you skin affects the vote.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2009 11:45:22 PM PST
Jim Youngman says:
Try reading "Dreams from my Father" by Barak Obama. You just might find the answer there. The book was written well before he entered national politics.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2009 4:16:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 19, 2009 4:16:37 PM PST
S. Arthur says:
Don, you ask why is Barack Obama considered black and not white? Because that is how people physically see him. If you met him at a party for the first time would you really think white man? I don't think so. You say it's always best to tell the truth and people should not live in fairytale lives but you are trying to present a fairytale point of view. If you saw a blond haired man who happened to have a mother with red hair would you look at that man as a red head? No. We see people and classify them socially through their physical appearance not their biological heritage. The mistake is when we make incorrect judgements about people based on incorrect assumptions about these classification (i.e., blonds are dumb, blacks are lazy, etc).

Posted on Oct 8, 2009 12:31:43 PM PDT
K. D. McGee says:
The book is full of lies and distortions, especially when it comes to the years that he spent in Hawaii and at Punahou (the most sought after private school in Hawaii). After backtracking through the archives of articles in the Honolulu Advertiser where they actually interviewed people that Obama referenced in the book, they wanted to verify stories that he told relating to his experiences, you find outright lies and overblown rhetoric and incidents that never happened, according the people that were there. But who cares? it's all about charisma isn't it?

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 11:26:47 AM PDT
How come none of Obama's friends (and former girlfriends) ever arise and comment about their relationship with Barak? Perhaps he paid them all off!!?? LOL!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2008
Latest post:  Oct 15, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama (Hardcover - January 9, 2007)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (1,109)