5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously, People are actually mad about the swearing?
Published on September 19, 2012 by Zackwlsn5

3.0 out of 5 stars Pink is a phenominal talent with bold choices
If I were to give Pink a star rating on the talent demonstrated throughout on this recording I would give it a 4.5 or even 5 stars. But, I purchased this believing what one person's review of it said regarding the explicit nature of some of the songs. I've seen her perform at the Grammy type shows and was very moved and in awe of her talent. The person or people who...
Published 12 months ago by J. Gibson

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously, People are actually mad about the swearing?, September 19, 2012
This review is from: The Truth About Love (Audio CD)
First off, I'd like to say this is a great album. From start to finish I was never bored or like, hmm, this song sounds like a filler. She's got stuff to say and yes, we've heard it before, the relationship angst and what not. But how predictable would it be for P!nk to put out an album full of cutesy songs about her daughter? She would've been slammed so hard. Instead she let us know she's here to stay, and I'm thrilled.

Now on the swearing subject. DO YOU GUYS NOT KNOW WHO P!NK IS? HOW DARE YOU BUY A P!NK ALBUM AND BE OFFENDED BY THE F WORD? SHE HAD A SONG CALLED "F****** PERFECT". It's like buying a lemon and being like "oh my god, this lemon, i just didn't realize it was going to be sour". durrr, lemons are sour, p!nk says the f word. Let's move on.

"Try" is a standout song. It's actually one of my favorite P!nk songs in her 6 album career.

4.0 out of 5 stars Real Fun House, September 18, 2012
This review is from: The Truth About Love (Audio CD)
Pink is back to what she does best; catchy tunes, shouty choruses, and wry/cynical lyrics. There isn't a duff track here and this is definitely her best album since "M!ssundaztood". Beware though, she swears quite a bit.

Opening are the punchy pair of "Are We All We Are" and "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)", followed by the gently chugging ballad "Try" which is simply beautiful.

The ballad "Just Give Me A Reason" is a rare (on her albums) duet with Nate Ruess from Fun., they sound so great together, it makes you want more which you get with the slightly Ska love/hate "True Love" with Lily Rose Cooper (formerly Lily Allen). Marriage and motherhood don't appear to have softened her by much. "Here Comes The Weekend" is a stomping number featuring a rap by Eminem.

"How Come You're Not Here" is a buzzing glam rocker with galloping beats and throaty vocals, while "Slut Like You" is a stomping Dance/Rock number. "The Truth About Love" is a retro rocker with lyrics touching on everything from poetry to trees and birds to body odour. "Beam Me Up" is a tender guitar/string ballad with heartfelt vocals on which she declares she's "tired of being a fighter".

"Walk Of Shame" is a catchy hand clap-driven rocker. "Where Did The Beat Go" is an oddball piece (in a very good way) with clever word play, while closing is "The Great Escape", a tender piano/string ballad with an almost gospel fervour. "I wrote the book on running, but that chapter in my life, will soon be done oh, I'm the kind of the great escape, you're not gonna watch me checking out of this place" she sings.

Now this is the real fun house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, October 15, 2012
I cannot stress enough how great this deluxe edition CD is! I've only had it about a week but I constantly keep playing it. The variety of musical styles available on this CD prove once again why P!nk is still awesome! I think the title track "The Truth about Love" is the best song but there are many other favorites on it. I highly suggest getting the deluxe edition in order to get the bonus tracks. It's worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ltd Edition also available elsewhere..., October 6, 2012
I got the limited edition version with the bonus tracks at target for $14.00!! Why pay $30 when you can get it for half that!

4.0 out of 5 stars Addictively catchy, September 20, 2012
This review is from: The Truth About Love (Audio CD)
I really wasn't planning on buying the new Pink album The Truth About Love but when I first heard "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" a couple of weeks ago, I knew I had to get the album. The Truth About Love is a fun, infectious pop album. I have been listening to it constantly. It is obvious in a few of the lyrics on the album that they were inspired by her temporary separation from her husband Corey but there is also some fun party songs on the album. I think those bothered by the frequent swearing on the album should get over it. There are worse things in life to worry about. My favorite songs? "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)", "Try", and "Just Give Me a Reason" with Nate Ruess. I really love "Just Give Me a Reason". It is a beautiful song. I also dig "Beam Me Up" with the sparse acoustic guitars. It shows a more vulnerable side to Pink. Not all the songs on the album worked for me. Didn't care for "Here Comes the Weekend" and "Are We All We Are" but overall The Truth About Love is a great album in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing album, November 18, 2012
P!nk has become my all-time favorite artist. Before this album came out i was pretty confident i wouldn't like it as much as Funhouse. But P!nk has topped herself yet again. Its a great album--get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing limited edition album... I love P!nk!!, September 30, 2012
P!nk is back with another amazing album, just love every song... And this limited edition is better than I specter. So far, this is my favorite P!nk's album!!!! Don't know why, but, it remind me of the Missundeaztood days when every song have a life of it's own.

AMAZING!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pink, June 7, 2013
This review is from: The Truth About Love (Audio CD)
What can i say pink is one of my all time favorites.The song There You Go had me hooked i listen to it all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, June 6, 2013
I was worried that it wouldn't be the clean version, but it is! So happy! I love her stuff, but listening with the kids in the car wasn't an option before!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can not go wrong with Pink!, December 29, 2012
This is another great, great CD. I love the fact that she can tell a story so well. She may be a mother now but she has still got the attitude and force as in the past.

The Truth About Love
The Truth About Love by P!nk (Audio CD - 2012)