1,221 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously, People are actually mad about the swearing?
Published on September 19, 2012 by Zackwlsn5

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry Pink, The Only Thing I Hear is Dull Red
Pink has an amazing voice. With that said, perhaps song selection is the reason this CD just does not cut it. The songs are all over the place; cohesion does not exist on this mix... I tried to like this CD, however many of songs sound as if they were mix-mashed at the last minute to complete a CD.

Trying something different, expanding ones limit, spreading...
Published on November 22, 2012 by Kimberly Bill

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously, People are actually mad about the swearing?, September 19, 2012
This review is from: The Truth About Love (Audio CD)
First off, I'd like to say this is a great album. From start to finish I was never bored or like, hmm, this song sounds like a filler. She's got stuff to say and yes, we've heard it before, the relationship angst and what not. But how predictable would it be for P!nk to put out an album full of cutesy songs about her daughter? She would've been slammed so hard. Instead she let us know she's here to stay, and I'm thrilled.

Now on the swearing subject. DO YOU GUYS NOT KNOW WHO P!NK IS? HOW DARE YOU BUY A P!NK ALBUM AND BE OFFENDED BY THE F WORD? SHE HAD A SONG CALLED "F****** PERFECT". It's like buying a lemon and being like "oh my god, this lemon, i just didn't realize it was going to be sour". durrr, lemons are sour, p!nk says the f word. Let's move on.

"Try" is a standout song. It's actually one of my favorite P!nk songs in her 6 album career.

4.0 out of 5 stars Real Fun House, September 18, 2012
This review is from: The Truth About Love (Audio CD)
Pink is back to what she does best; catchy tunes, shouty choruses, and wry/cynical lyrics. There isn't a duff track here and this is definitely her best album since "M!ssundaztood". Beware though, she swears quite a bit.

Opening are the punchy pair of "Are We All We Are" and "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)", followed by the gently chugging ballad "Try" which is simply beautiful.

The ballad "Just Give Me A Reason" is a rare (on her albums) duet with Nate Ruess from Fun., they sound so great together, it makes you want more which you get with the slightly Ska love/hate "True Love" with Lily Rose Cooper (formerly Lily Allen). Marriage and motherhood don't appear to have softened her by much. "Here Comes The Weekend" is a stomping number featuring a rap by Eminem.

"How Come You're Not Here" is a buzzing glam rocker with galloping beats and throaty vocals, while "Slut Like You" is a stomping Dance/Rock number. "The Truth About Love" is a retro rocker with lyrics touching on everything from poetry to trees and birds to body odour. "Beam Me Up" is a tender guitar/string ballad with heartfelt vocals on which she declares she's "tired of being a fighter".

"Walk Of Shame" is a catchy hand clap-driven rocker. "Where Did The Beat Go" is an oddball piece (in a very good way) with clever word play, while closing is "The Great Escape", a tender piano/string ballad with an almost gospel fervour. "I wrote the book on running, but that chapter in my life, will soon be done oh, I'm the kind of the great escape, you're not gonna watch me checking out of this place" she sings.

Now this is the real fun house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, October 15, 2012
I cannot stress enough how great this deluxe edition CD is! I've only had it about a week but I constantly keep playing it. The variety of musical styles available on this CD prove once again why P!nk is still awesome! I think the title track "The Truth about Love" is the best song but there are many other favorites on it. I highly suggest getting the deluxe edition in order to get the bonus tracks. It's worth every penny!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous and witty as always, September 19, 2012
I was so excited to get this album. I was not disappointed. I'll tell you first why it didn't get 5 stars then I'll tell you why I gave it 4.

Why this didn't get 5 stars: I'm the same age as P!nk, we have kids a few months apart. Though I know we're not nearly the same person, as a 30 something mother, I'd hope she could get out of the relationship angst. We've been there with her. We have "Just Like A Pill", "Sober", "Last to Know", "Leave me Alone", "U+Ur Hand", etc., for those trips down Distraught Lane. No, Pink is not a sappy songwriter, but I kind of wanted some of that...and was expecting it since motherhood. As a fan, I know how in love with her daughter she is and I wanted to see the translation in THE TRUTH ABOUT LOVE.

Why this got 4 stars: If you bought this album, you've GOT to know or understand Pink's sense of humor. Just take the album title...this is not a typical "truth about love", it's the hard-knocks people go through and it's fabulous. "True Love" made me laugh out loud then I had to listen to it a second time and do the dork dance in my mini-van. "Slut Like You"- I just love the first line and the chorus is fun. "Beam Me Up" made me cry and I just wonder who it's about. "Just Give Me One Reason" is a really good duet. I avoided spoilers and talk about this album so I had a clean listen and it was love at first listen. I cannot say the same about Funhouse. Funhouse was so slow (but now it's a favorite). The Truth About Love has all the awesome dance beats, witty, satirical lyrics, and Pink's raw voice.

Sure some of her lyrics are simplistic, but it works.

And those of you who are all mad because of all the cursing, BUY THE CLEAN VERSION.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful album!, September 27, 2012
First the obvious: Pink! writes edgy songs and is not shy in her use of profanity - don't get the "Explicit" version if you don't want the profanity. I don't use profanity nor do I condone the use of it, but it is up to an author as to how s/he chooses to express him/herself. This isn't something that's going to go away and will continue to evolve; there are plenty of examples throughout history of public outcry over subject material or language used in the arts. As a parent, both classic and contemporary music, literature and movies provide wonderful opportunities to discuss issues with our children. I don't buy "clean" versions of albums, and I have teens - frankly I think kids are exposed to far worse in school. Again, I believe in remaining open and taking teaching opportunities as they come. (OK, off my soapbox.)

That said, this is another stellar album from Pink!. Pink! is edgy and this album certainly has songs that unquestionably will offend some ("Slut Like You", in particular), but there are deep and standout tracks that show Pink!'s softer side ("Beam Me Up", "Just Give Me a Reason", "The Great Escape", "Try"). And then there are just typical fun Pink! songs ("Walk of Shame", "Here Comes the Weekend", "Are We All We Are", "Blow Me One Last Kiss").

And I would be remiss if I didn't comment on the contribution from Fun.'s lead singer Nate Ruess on "Just Give Me a Reason" - I melted the first time I heard the song.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ltd Edition also available elsewhere..., October 6, 2012
I got the limited edition version with the bonus tracks at target for $14.00!! Why pay $30 when you can get it for half that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Why am I a Pink fan at all ?, June 5, 2013
Gary Chapman (Fishkill, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I'm a 53 yr old man. Why the hell do I like this so much ? Pink has a good voice, but lets face it, she's no Adele or Natalie Merchant. But they're not Pink either. It's her lyrics. Her songwriting has progressed to the point that ... even I can put myself in the voice. As an old guy that has listened to her with interest (she "woke me up" with Dear Mr. President), this is the pinnacle. Try, Give Me a Reason, True Love, How Come You're Not Here ... wakes you up, slaps you then punches you in the gut. Most of the rest is good pop, but just when you think you have her all figured out, she throws out Beam Me Up. This album is a classic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Addictively catchy, September 20, 2012
This review is from: The Truth About Love (Audio CD)
I really wasn't planning on buying the new Pink album The Truth About Love but when I first heard "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" a couple of weeks ago, I knew I had to get the album. The Truth About Love is a fun, infectious pop album. I have been listening to it constantly. It is obvious in a few of the lyrics on the album that they were inspired by her temporary separation from her husband Corey but there is also some fun party songs on the album. I think those bothered by the frequent swearing on the album should get over it. There are worse things in life to worry about. My favorite songs? "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)", "Try", and "Just Give Me a Reason" with Nate Ruess. I really love "Just Give Me a Reason". It is a beautiful song. I also dig "Beam Me Up" with the sparse acoustic guitars. It shows a more vulnerable side to Pink. Not all the songs on the album worked for me. Didn't care for "Here Comes the Weekend" and "Are We All We Are" but overall The Truth About Love is a great album in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing album, November 18, 2012
P!nk has become my all-time favorite artist. Before this album came out i was pretty confident i wouldn't like it as much as Funhouse. But P!nk has topped herself yet again. Its a great album--get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing limited edition album... I love P!nk!!, September 30, 2012
P!nk is back with another amazing album, just love every song... And this limited edition is better than I specter. So far, this is my favorite P!nk's album!!!! Don't know why, but, it remind me of the Missundeaztood days when every song have a life of it's own.

AMAZING!!!

The Truth About Love
The Truth About Love by P!nk (Audio CD - 2012)