Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mary Carpenter Headphones for Everyone Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback

Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 19, 2012
First off, I'd like to say this is a great album. From start to finish I was never bored or like, hmm, this song sounds like a filler. She's got stuff to say and yes, we've heard it before, the relationship angst and what not. But how predictable would it be for P!nk to put out an album full of cutesy songs about her daughter? She would've been slammed so hard. Instead she let us know she's here to stay, and I'm thrilled.

Now on the swearing subject. DO YOU GUYS NOT KNOW WHO P!NK IS? HOW DARE YOU BUY A P!NK ALBUM AND BE OFFENDED BY THE F WORD? SHE HAD A SONG CALLED "F****** PERFECT". It's like buying a lemon and being like "oh my god, this lemon, i just didn't realize it was going to be sour". durrr, lemons are sour, p!nk says the f word. Let's move on.

"Try" is a standout song. It's actually one of my favorite P!nk songs in her 6 album career.
3030 comments|384 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2012
Pink is back to what she does best; catchy tunes, shouty choruses, and wry/cynical lyrics. There isn't a duff track here and this is definitely her best album since "M!ssundaztood". Beware though, she swears quite a bit.

Opening are the punchy pair of "Are We All We Are" and "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)", followed by the gently chugging ballad "Try" which is simply beautiful.

The ballad "Just Give Me A Reason" is a rare (on her albums) duet with Nate Ruess from Fun., they sound so great together, it makes you want more which you get with the slightly Ska love/hate "True Love" with Lily Rose Cooper (formerly Lily Allen). Marriage and motherhood don't appear to have softened her by much. "Here Comes The Weekend" is a stomping number featuring a rap by Eminem.

"How Come You're Not Here" is a buzzing glam rocker with galloping beats and throaty vocals, while "Slut Like You" is a stomping Dance/Rock number. "The Truth About Love" is a retro rocker with lyrics touching on everything from poetry to trees and birds to body odour. "Beam Me Up" is a tender guitar/string ballad with heartfelt vocals on which she declares she's "tired of being a fighter".

"Walk Of Shame" is a catchy hand clap-driven rocker. "Where Did The Beat Go" is an oddball piece (in a very good way) with clever word play, while closing is "The Great Escape", a tender piano/string ballad with an almost gospel fervour. "I wrote the book on running, but that chapter in my life, will soon be done oh, I'm the kind of the great escape, you're not gonna watch me checking out of this place" she sings.

Now this is the real fun house.
0Comment|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 15, 2012
I cannot stress enough how great this deluxe edition CD is! I've only had it about a week but I constantly keep playing it. The variety of musical styles available on this CD prove once again why P!nk is still awesome! I think the title track "The Truth about Love" is the best song but there are many other favorites on it. I highly suggest getting the deluxe edition in order to get the bonus tracks. It's worth every penny!
on November 18, 2012
P!nk has become my all-time favorite artist. Before this album came out i was pretty confident i wouldn't like it as much as Funhouse. But P!nk has topped herself yet again. Its a great album--get it.
on September 20, 2012
I really wasn't planning on buying the new Pink album The Truth About Love but when I first heard "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" a couple of weeks ago, I knew I had to get the album. The Truth About Love is a fun, infectious pop album. I have been listening to it constantly. It is obvious in a few of the lyrics on the album that they were inspired by her temporary separation from her husband Corey but there is also some fun party songs on the album. I think those bothered by the frequent swearing on the album should get over it. There are worse things in life to worry about. My favorite songs? "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)", "Try", and "Just Give Me a Reason" with Nate Ruess. I really love "Just Give Me a Reason". It is a beautiful song. I also dig "Beam Me Up" with the sparse acoustic guitars. It shows a more vulnerable side to Pink. Not all the songs on the album worked for me. Didn't care for "Here Comes the Weekend" and "Are We All We Are" but overall The Truth About Love is a great album in my opinion.
on October 6, 2012
I got the limited edition version with the bonus tracks at target for $14.00!! Why pay $30 when you can get it for half that!
on July 14, 2015
I had purchased the CD when the release came out in 2012. Flash forward a couple of years to a vinyl addiction. I decided to repurchase this release on LP for my at home listening pleasure. P!nk's Janis Joplin-esk rasp is mellowed on the vinyl release. However, it is an excellent release. #betteronvinyl The vocals over all are more prominent. However, if you are planning on listening to this release anywhere, you may want to buy the set direct, or purchase the LP that is sold by Amazon and gives you autorip, because there is no digital download code included.
on May 22, 2014
While I'm probably older than the average buyer of P!nk(over 50), I got this after seeing her perform at the grammys. I thought she was pretty amazing with her acrobatic style and her songs were really good, especially for dancing.

Current musician "styling" can be off putting for the older generation, but if you look beyond that she sounds very fun. Be aware she liberally uses words like f*** and slut which is just part of (her) musician thing(remember your parents response to Black Sabbath or Alice Cooper?) She makes you want to get up and dance and even gives some thought on not giving up on love with "Try".

Musicians haven't changed really, we've just gotten older. Just don't let that stand in the way of appreciating new music.
on December 8, 2012
I really like this album, it is worth buying especially when you need that sort of heavy rock, with a light feeling. Her albums seems to fit my phase in life for some reason so just listening to the songs just sort of makes feel better. I am looking forward to hearing some more of these songs on the radio. This album really shows how well she can sing, it is worth buying.
on October 26, 2012
This is a great album. Although the songs titles and swearing are geared towards the young ("Blow Me (one more kiss)", "Slut Like You", "Walk of Shame") who want to rebel, this is a very melodic and catchy album. Given the trend towards all this manipulated electronic junk that comes through, this is a refreshing album with a strong voice and instrumentation.

This doesn't have the edge or the rebellion of her previous work that had focussed a bit more on the pressures on girls/women to fit in and appeal to others. As the album title suggests, these are all about love from a variety of perspectives.

Some songs rock, some are mellow, and some are very clever. I imagine it might be too mellow for some fans (do I sense Ben Folds or Joe Jackson in some tunes? I love the piano and the duet, although the man in the duet is a bit weak), but I love it. I listen to it a lot, and when I'm not, it is going through my head.

The last three songs aren't as strong as the first ten.

I also bought the clean version because I have kids and wanted to be able to play it on the stereo. I generally don't censor music (e.g. we play Green Day unsensored, also her prior ablums) but this was just seemed a bit too much like cursing just to curse.