Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Truth Is... [Explicit]
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 29, 2014
Some of these songs crack me up. Some are maybe a tad offensive. Some just plain rock. Not every song on here is a hit, and I like their last cd better, but this one is definitely worth picking up. If you like in your face rock music, this band doesn't disappoint. They stand out more than other bands, and I would recommend them.
on February 4, 2015
Several great songs. I can listen to this album through without skipping. Theory has a great blend of love and hate, funny and serious. This album is awesome. Try it out if you like Theory or Alternative.

Favorite songs: Lowlife, B**** Came Back, Gentlemen, The Truth is....
on November 26, 2012
My son was listening to this album and I think that he was going for the parent shock factor (lots of f-bombs) but the truth is I really liked what I was hearing. The lyrics all told some really good stories with insight into relationships that many can probably relate to at one time or another.

I picked up some "cool mom" points when I was discovered listening to "The Truth Is" in my SUV. I hadn't told my son that I had purchased this album. When he found out I had the album, he called his friend over and said, "Guess what my mom is listening to?" His friend just smiled. I am loving my cool mom points as much as the album.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 30, 2013
I purchased all 4 of the Theory of a Deadman albums and this is probably my second favorite after Scars and Souvenirs. I find myself repeating and singing along with many of the songs on this CD such as The Truth is, Lowlife, Love is Hell and What was I thinking. Catchy, easy to listen to music.
on March 8, 2013
I would recommend this to any lovers of modern rock music...unless you plan to have young children listening (lots of f-bombs). I'm glad I could find the original (read: explicit) version of this album. I had only been able to find the "clean" version in stores.
on March 5, 2013
Don't play the disk while attending your weekly National Organization of Women meeting unless you want to get to know real pain; on any U.S. college campus; or if you are employed by the Federal government.
on October 3, 2012
I have love TOAD since the start and they get better and better with each album. The only song I can say I don't like is "Love is Hell" simply because the song really has no direction or anchor and is to slow for it's nature. Other than that, I love this album. Yeah they have gone redneck rock, but they do a good job of keeping their core sound that makes them who they are. They only difference between this album and the previous ones is they are a lot more ballsy on this one. Taking their music and lyrics in a new direction and showing a bit of a bad ass element of them. I think the sky is the limit for TOAD and I'm very impressed by this album!!
on January 6, 2012
one of the best canadian rock bands.this is their forth release and it should be added to your collection.another disc loaded with songs about women,hate,love,women,anger,sex. all the great stuff that makes theory great.
on August 25, 2011
That this album kicks ass! These guys just keeps producing hit after hit... they have followed up each album with yet another great one, while I personally think the best album by them is Scars & Souvenirs (CD/DVD) this was a good album and from start to finish is a great album to listen to if you like rock music. They are the type of band who like to have fun but put effort into the music and it shines through in this album.. rock does not have to be the "most creative" or the "next huge hit" as long as it has good lyrical hooks, a good beat to match the lyrics and sometimes a little guitar solo. Is always appreciated. To bad I will probably not get to see them when they come down here.. Atleast I have this great album till I get the chance to see these guys
on July 14, 2011
I saw these guys open up for Motley Crue, and they keep up the same great rock n' roll tradition of singing great songs about sex, drinking, women and the rock lifestyle. You can definitely imagine a future for these guys playing to a sold-out stadium with 40,000 fans singing along to every song.

If you're looking for a few songs to whet your appetite, check out the following:
- Lowlife: great song celebrating the dirt-bag lifestyle
- The Truth is.. : fun song imagining yelling at your soon-to-be-ex for all the crap you put up with, and the crap that you did in turn
- Gentlemen: Rock song celebrating what we all know to be true, women don't like gentlemen; they like jerks like lead-singer Tyler
- Drag Me to Hell: The hardest and heaviest song, really shows off some of their guitar chops. It's going to be great live.
- What was I thinking: Rock ballad about the rock lifestyle

I can understand some of the criticisms about how there are lots of ballads, but these are still great hard-rock ballads. Get the Special Edition Explicit Mp3 version of the album, which has 18 songs. 18 songs!

If you loved Scars & Souvenirs, you're going to love this one.