Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Truth Project Dvd Set! Focus On the Family
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on May 19, 2010
The Truth Project is an amazing program, and without a doubt something that everyone should experience whether they are a believer or not. What concerns me though, is that people who are trying to sell this product on Amazon and Ebay are overcharging people significantly. All you have to do is create a profile through the Truth Project's web page, and you have the option of purchasing your own materials for $89.99. Why would you pay more for this??
33 comments|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2007
Our small group watched and discussed The Truth Project. We will never be the same. Each of us had a special "tour" lesson which spoke to us individually. This project exposes all the lies which our present society has accepted as "truth," but which is, in fact, theory and fabrication. The Truth does, indeed, make one free, but also humble, as we look upon the Face of God, as we have never before seen Him. If you are questioning God's existance and relevance in your life, you must watch The Truth Project. It is entertaining, intellectual, and life transforming.
0Comment|98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2008
The Truth Project is one of the best video series I've seen when it comes to demonstrating a Christian world view. As for contect, all I can say is WOW. The content on this DVD set is tremendous. They touch on so many issues relevant in today's society - What is Truth, What is Man, Does God Exist, Philosophy, History, The Role of the State, etc. It's presented in a non threatening, non judgemental way, but rather one that is simply presting information in an open and honest manner. Each lesson is about an hour and it really makes you think! The class is presented in a business school lecture setting with the teacher upfront, filmed with multiple cameras, fancy graphics, and frequent cuts to short but very interesting clips. This was not a cheap production but rather has all the makings of a top professional movie. In addition, the teacher interacts frequently with the students in the class and you feel like you are in the class too. Definately one of the best filmed lectures from a technical point of view which keeps your interest. I saw this as part of a small group over a period of months.
on October 30, 2010
I don't feel you can truly review this product unless you have seen it in full. My personal small group (5 couples) spent about 6 months on TTP. As a pastor, I always have a critical eye in the area of anything theological. I am sure that most of us are like that in our respective fields.
It took me about 5 episodes to warm up to Dr. Tackett style, but by the end I really enjoyed it. As a matter of fact I was a bit nostalgic when it ended. He is warm and personable and you can tell that he believes deeply in what he teaches. Several times in the videos he gets emotional. I liked that he was willing to show that side of himself.
One thing I did not like was that there was no room to disagree. The project is presented as, this is the way it is and if you disagree, you probably need some more revelation. I never felt bullied or spoken down to, but some of the simplistic conclusion were hard to take. I was often left with question and comments. Luckily I am in a great group that was willing to accept the essentials of the message and leave the rest to conjecture.
While this is only 5 years old and very well produced, it is starting to look a bit outdated. That might just be me. While I was not able to buy everything they were espousing, there were some key thoughts and ideas. The one that stuck out the most was that every sin is based on a lie. If you can identify the lie, the sin is easier to eradicate. One thing that this series will do is cause you to rethink all that you believe. That is a good thing. We need to regularly do a spring cleaning on our theology to see if it holds water. Lastly, let me say that the last 3 episodes are absolutely riveting. It ended very strong. In the end I decided that I want to watch it again. For me to say that is a big statement. It was 12+ hours of material.
P.S. If you use this for a small group, do it in 1/2 hour segments over 24 weeks. One hour is a long time to watch and does not leave enough time for discussion.
Pastor Adam Stadtmiller Author:Give Your Kids the Keys: Navigating Your Child to a Personal and Sustainable Faith
VINE VOICEon December 4, 2007
This curriculum is amazing. It's like getting spiritual "steak" every night for dinner! Because it's so rich, it's certainly worth multiple viewings.

If you've already taken the class or are just starting, Focus on the Family also has a new Travelogue book that you can purchase for $12. You can use it in conjunction with your program as a devotional guide to have at home. It's not available on Amazon yet, so go to [...] for more information.
on November 10, 2007
My husband and I watched this dvd series with our small group. We were blown away by the enormous amount of life changing information brought before us. It was so chalked full of information we are going to buy our own copy, there was just no way to absorb it all the 1st time. I recomend this to everyone! It was about as perfect as it could possibly get!
on May 6, 2008
The Truth. That's it.

This series reveals how God's Truth has been distorted and has been changed throughout history. It also shows how truth's you thought to be correct are in fact wrong. And this series doesn't stray away from the Bible. It isn't "emergent" or "post-modern" in any way. It sticks to the facts and set's you back on course on the Truth. There are lots of visuals and lots and lots of revealing scriptures.

Our church was showing it and decided to keep showing it. We were glad because some of us want to see it again when time permits. There was never a time when we didn't want to leave our seats. The "Truth" does that to you.

Be prepared to be transformed because this places and confronts things in your life that you thought to be true. And even things you thought it means to be a Christian, but were the opposite!

Informative, life changing, and for some "in your face" with truth.
review image review image
on July 31, 2008
America has been lied to by our education system, our judicial system, and our legislative system. Our founding fathers said that our nation needs religion and morals for the systems they founded to work. We have removed God from our systems and we have watched all morals follow. And so those without morals are changing our laws and systems to work for themselves. You will see what we as a Nation have lost and where we are going. And that is just Lesson 10.

This set can be watched as a study group, family, or alone. As a couple we watched each lesson whenever we had time to squeeze one in. But I wish all this information was in a book so I could underline and refer back to the parts I want to revisit. High School students should watch this before going to college. This is a must see for everyone.
on March 3, 2009
This is an excellent, Bible-based series that not only explores the truths of the Bible but also looks at the contradicting lies of the world. Although I've been raised in a Christian home, attended church for years, and participated in Bible studies, the Truth Project revealed to me that I had both been wearing blinders--not seeing fully the marvelous truths about God and His design--and had slipped--accepted a lie or a half-truth because I didn't know how to recognize them. This series truly helped me "gaze upon the face of God," come to understand even more the greatest news for mankind, and learn to recognize and defend against the insidious lies that lead to heartbreak. I strongly recommend this to all Christians, that they may deepen their faith and plant their feet firmly in the unshakable Rock. Non-Christians genuinely interested in exploring religion or philosophy from a Christian worldview will also benefit from this well-made, captivating presentation that features the wisdom of Del Tackett and others, such as Ravi Zecharias and R.C. Sproul, a full bank of online resources, and interviews concerning the most important questions humanity can ask.
on November 15, 2011
Hey Amazon - I've always gone to you for the best deal but came to a screeching halt here. Focus on the Family has this same DVD set for $89.99. What's up with the $225 price? As for the Truth Project, definitely recommend it. Used it as part of a small group series and actually learned a lot. Del can be a bit condescending at times and (in my humble opinion) brushes off some (albeit minor) truths when it's inconvenient to his case, but overall I think this is sound Biblical teaching perfectly in sync with our present-day society. The commentators (professional and laymen) are very eye-opening with their insights and opinions. Thumbs up; just not at $225!