Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on October 4, 2000
This book had me in fits of laughter from the start. I'm not sure why no one thought of this before - what would the recipient do with the partridge in the pear tree by the 12th day? And the question poses itself, would the recipient really be happy with the gift giver by day 6 much less by day 12? This is a fun read! Especially in a time that often lends itself to stress rather than laughter.
on January 3, 2002
What a funny little book. Being a collector of Twelve Days of Christmas books this one really is a little treasure. The story is so funny, showing us the thank you letters from a young lady to her unseen admirer from the 1st till the 12th day of Christmas. First she is so thankful for her gifts she hardly don't know what to say, but as the days passes she gets more and more trouble when her fabulous gifts arrives. It will brighten any cold Christmas day when you sit reading in front of the fire.
And the wonderful illustrations by Quentin Blake makes to book into something very special, a book you can "read" over and over.
Britt Arnhild Lindland
on December 7, 2014
I thought I could use this with my students. Oh no no no! Inappropriate nine ladies dancing and 10 lords.... For adults it is a cute little book to give a chuckle, but not really worth a lot of $$.
on January 7, 2012
"The Twelve Days of Christmas" by John Julius Norwich: This book is one of the funniest on the planet. The artwork is perfect. I have had a copy of it for many, many years. It makes me laugh out loud every time I read it and I keep it out (not just for Christmas) to read through it occasionally. I often see things, in the artwork, that I haven't noticed before---in spite of owning it for years!
on November 19, 2014
This slim book makes a great gift. Its a fun play on the traditional carol, told from the point of view of the recipient. How would you feel if somebody delivered 6 geese a-laying to your house? The illustrations by Quentin Blake, well known for illustrating Roald Dahl, add to the fun.
on November 11, 2002
an absolutely charming little treasure. amusing correspondance with the witty and snide illustrations of quentin blake.
on December 2, 2003
I was visiting a friend who had this book sitting out on her coffee table along with other Christmas books she was putting out in preparation for the Holiday season. While she recieved a phone call I read this short story and found it so amusing and very cute. Quentin Blake's illustrations and John Julius Norwich's creative insight will make you smile. This story is very enjoyable.
on February 28, 2010
The books came in as described and we were very happy to get them. However, since I had ordered 2 of the same it seemed logical to me that they would come in one package with saving on the shipping charges. It was disappointing that the charge was 2 times the shipping for one.
on December 5, 2007
I used this book as part of the entertainment program for a ladies tea party. One lady borrowed it from me to use at a Christmas party for her husband's (attorney) practice. It was hilarious and was enjoyed by all.
on December 10, 2013
This is the perfect gift for any attorney.
PERFECT!
Hilarious British humor.
Adorable artwork.
Charming size.
GET IT!
AND HOPE YOU NEVER HAVE TO PAY A DIVORCE ATTORNEY!!