1,468 of 1,589 people found the following review helpful
on March 18, 2012
I should start by saying that I'm just an average guy with little to no experience when it comes to the world of nutrition and exercise who, for all intents and purposes, has a crappy diet. In fact, if you were to fully take the advice of anyone on this product based solely on their background in the aforementioned industries or anyone else that's an alleged "health professional" that knows better than you do, I'd probably be the last person you'd want to hear the opinion of. I don't sell this product myself, and am in no way getting any kind of incentive to say what I'm about to say here. In fact, I actually came back to this link today (17MAR12) to place a second order based on the results I had with it and felt compelled to at least offer another opinion to contrast the learned statements of "the professionals" in this industry.

When I bought this a couple of months ago, I too did a lot of research into it to see if there were any overtly negative comments concerning the product and, ultimately, I found that the reviews were mixed across all users. Some said it worked wonders, while just as many others claimed it was all "marketing hype" promoted by sellers of the product and other clandestine agencies. So, I looked at it pragmatically like anything else in this type of "body shaping" industry: is the cost too prohibitive to allow the risk financially? For me, at the time I purchased, the answer was "no, I can afford to lose 20 bucks or so if this doesn't work out." Additionally, I went into this sale knowing and fully expecting the worst results, if any, prepared to at least walk away having spent 20 dollars for knowledge on what not to do next time if it came to that. Of course, this approach to life isn't for everyone, but it's what works for me.

I followed the directions to the letter once the item arrived. In fact, I even took the additional initiative to add extra compression through the use of the MANX compression Tee to try and facilitate the process. And, for the sake of testing, I changed nothing else in my life leading up to the use of the product nor after for the sake of the evaluation (eg. no change to diet, exercise, etc.). With the help of my wife, I measured my waist and was at a portly 42 inches before using the product. After it's use, we re-measured and I came out at about 40 inches. Was it a dramatic improvement? For most easy-fix types, this was probably an abject failure. But, for me, this worked out great. I not only fit better in my pants, but my confidence went up just a bit. Could the results have been better or worse given a second or third application with modified diet and exercise? Well, I'd like to believe anything could be improved with a modified diet and exercise, but that of course takes effort. For a trial run of this product based on changing absolutely nothing in my life, I think it worked out just fine for me.

Will you get the same results I did if you do exactly the same thing that I did, or any other reviewer here that's given it an above marginal review, has done? I really don't know. In fact, I'm not even sure if I can faithfully replicate my results from before when I try this again. I have nothing but my own anecdotal experience to back this up, but I'm a firm believer that there are far too many genetic and lifestyle variables in humanity to say that any one thing whether it be a pill, a cookie, or a wrap can act as a magic bullet to long term weight/body fat loss. That's part of the reason that I gave it 4 stars instead of 5; to say 5 seems to suggest it's a sure fire guarantee to work for "everyone". That being said though, the better question I would have for you is this: since you're here reading this and all of the other reviews, do you think it's at least worth trying out even though it might not work for you for any reason? If the answer is "yes, it's worth trying out", I'd say the worst case scenario would be that you walk away with a 20 dollar lesson of knowing it's not for you. Judge for yourself after you've listened to both sides no matter what it is, and then look at it pragmatically as it relates to your wallet; that's what works for me.
8282 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
1,082 of 1,198 people found the following review helpful
on June 4, 2013
I order the product from the It Works Global website, not Amazon, and received my body wraps yesterday. It took about 4 days to arrive from date of purchase. So shipping was not an issue. The 4-pack of body wraps cost me $99 but I figured if it worked then maybe I'll become a loyal customer to get the reduced price. With that said, the package did not have an expiration date stamped on the box. When I called customer service several times yesterday, there was no live person only a recorded message that no one is available due to the "high volume of calls". For these 2 issues I rate It Works one star. As far as the product is concerned, today is the first day I applied the wrap to my abdomen and saran-wrapped my abdomen to keep the wrap in place. The lotion on the wrap has a slight menthol smell and after 45 minutes, my skin had a pinkish tone. Plus I drank a lot of water during that time, and still am drinking lots of water. I will provide another review of this product after 72 hours just to give this product a chance.

June 8, 2013
Here's my 2nd review 72 hours after the 1st wrap application. The skin on my abs was noticeably smoother & softer, & my clothes fit me more comfortably. Pants were a bit loose around the waist. I did lose an inch from my waist but there was no weight loss. I figured with all the water I drank that I would have lost 1 or 2 lbs after 3 days (since water filled my stomach & curbed my appetite). I have 3 more wraps left to go. I will write another review once I complete the entire package. I did not use any It Works supplements or defining gel. So I cannot comment if that would have caused or could cause significant inch or even weight loss. One It Works wraps did work for me. Just remember, everyone's body reacts differently to any weight loss product. I will change my rating once I complete all 4 wraps.

June 17, 2013
I have used all four wraps and give the product 3 STARS. I have lost a total of 2.5 inches (1 inch after 1st wrap; 0.5 inch for each of the remaining wraps). I went from a size 16/18 to fitting comfortably in a size 14. I'm hoping to get back down to my original size 8/10... keeping fingers crossed. I may purchase the product again for legs. Good luck to all.
7777 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 11, 2014
I decided to try the it works wrap bc all of the hype about it. It's just a wet paper Towel the most expensive paper Towel I've ever bought. The worst part though is I paid extra for faster shipping and it didn't even show up till a day after the promised day so I wouldn't use this seller again if I buy them again.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 26, 2013
These wraps are hard to put on, and the directions are not very clear in how to do it. I suppose the next time I should to go an actual person selling these for help or wrap with someone else before hand to learn how to do it correctly. I have used the entire four wraps without noticing a difference.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 8, 2015
Don't waste your money, you have to keep buying for it to work and only gets rid of water weight. I used to distribute these. It's a scam .
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 21, 2015
BE CAREFUL!!! I tried the wrap and sus lose a few inches, but, it left a huge red mark on my stomach that is still there 2 years later! I don't know if it burned me, or if I had some sort of allergic reaction but I highly prefer not to have a huge red mark on my stomach FOR LIFE then to lose a few inches for a week!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 18, 2014
You see a difference for a few days, thats why you have to buy a 4 pack, and continue buying them, BECAUSE ITS TEMPORARY! I totally believed the hype, but you have to remember these sellers only make money if you buy it. My doctor said it is physically impossible to put anything on your skin to melt fat from inside your body. It takes the water out of your cells shrinking them and making you temporary smaller(his exact words). If you do wanna lose that "water weight" for a night out, you can make your own wraps for less that 5 bucks by looking it up on pinterest. Worked the exact same as these wraps did. Dont waste your money!!
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 25, 2014
If I could give this junk zero stars I would!!!! I'm 5'6 163 thick but after 3 c sections I can't stand the lil pouch I have... this junk did absolutely nothing for me, I tried 3 for 8 hours each drank plenty of water and seen zero results!!!!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 12, 2012
I had no intentions of this thing working, but I thought What the hell. I'm 21 years old.
I have had a baby, and I have crazy stretch marks all over my body, a gnarly scar from my the C-section and a mothers apron.

So I took a steaming hot shower to open my pours (after reading a little into this, I've read that it's better to do this.) get out and dry myself off completely.
Measure myself and then draw the lines where I put the measuring tape (Which was freezing at this point because I took a steaming hot shower!) I wrote down my measurements and opened the package.
Slapped that sucker on my stomach and saran wrapped the crap out of myself.

After saran wrapping myself I began to get dressed (Squeaking every move I made) realizing that I did not take pictures (UGH) so I take pictures with the saran wrap on instead of unraveling myself from this tangled uncomfortable mess. (Knowing my luck it would all be on the saran wrap and I would have wasted my money) So as I squeak every time I walk, can barely sit down because I've wrapped myself up so tight in saran wrap trying to make sure I don't lose it; I finally find myself laying down.

I kept this smelly gooey tingly thing on for 9 hours before I took it off. I rubbed in the goo like you're supposed to and have to use q-tips to get it out of my bellybutton *EW*
Now you have to remember I'm thinking OMG these pictures are AMAZING right? So I'm measuring myself every 20 minutes and every time I drink water and have to go pee I'm weighing myself like a crazy person cause I'm so "excited."

Well turns out NOTHING happen after took it off. I was the same measurements I was 9 hours before.
We're working on 12 hours when I'm drinking all this water peeing like a pregnant woman again and of course running to the scale and measuring myself like a mad woman.

I finally think, "All right Britney, you just wasted your money what were you thinking?"

So of course I quit measuring myself and go about my daily duties, cleaning, school work, and taking care of my daughter.
I hop on the scale the next morning and I've only lost 0.8 oz. *YAY* Close to a pound so I'm starting to get excited again.

I measure myself (48 hours later) Finding out that I did lose a total of 3 inches.

I have not hit the 72 hour mark or later yet so I'm not sure if it will stay off but I can only have hope.

I do want to mention that, where the stinky, tingly, gooey paper was my stretch marks are virtually gone. I can see the outline of the stupid paper where my stretch marks are very prominent and now where they are hardly there.
This is after one use. I know people want to lose inches, but I'm going to be just happy with not having visible stretch marks. If anything try it to get rid of your stretch marks what do you have to lose?

(I have very prominent stretch marks. With my skin the way that it is they sink in so pretty much if I were to roll a black roller paint brush over my stomach I would have zebra print.) After using this product though, I can happily say *For Now* that only the top portion of my abdomen is left that way.)
4141 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 16, 2014
I've tried this product because no matter how much excercise & clean eating, I cant lose the loose skin & slight budge brought on by child birth. This product is the only thin that has worked for me.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...