Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on October 26, 2012
Christmas is my favorite time of the year. With all the Secular Christmas Specials that come on I feel the need to really teach my kids about the True Meaning of Christmas.

The Veggie Tales: Ultimate Christmas Collection does just that.

I got a chance to Review this collection. These are full length videos just like the original ones. Just by buying them all together you get the same movies all at a cheaper price. As a mom on a budget I really like that.

Veggie Tales are one of those shows that even if you watch them, as an Adult, they can apply to you as the parent. That's because each Veggie Tales is a story of God's Word with an application to your life.

I found myself crying with Steward as he compared his life to another's life. St. Nicholas gave me a way of teaching my kids about who St. Nicholas really was and that he gave to those in need. The Star of Christmas is a film about the struggle to be the best and how nothing else should be center in our life but Jesus. The Little Drummer Boy taught me that, without Forgiveness, bitterness and an attitude of hate will grow. The Toy That Saved Christmas reminded me of the Greed that can grow by not being content with what you have.

All tough Veggie Tales are meant for children they have a deeper meaning for Adults. Often we learn a lot through our Children.

So this year, take the time. Sit down and watch these videos with your children. My children 9,7,5, and 3 loved these videos. You as a parent will be blessed, while you laugh, cry and sing-a-long.

You can order this collection through the Veggie Tales Store. You can also get the Veggie Tales Ultimate Christmas Collection on Amazon.

Here is a brief Synopsis of each of the videos along with some fun activities for your children.
It's a Meaningful Life: In this veggie-version of a holiday classic, Larry the cucumber he meets a mysterious train conductor who can turn back time, Stewart gets a chance to have the life he always wanted. Will he finally find all he's been looking for? And what does this mean for those he loves most? Find out in this story of wonder and a lesson in being content.
Saint Nicholas: Laura Carrot's Christmas stocking might be empty this year because her dad is in danger of losing his job. While Larry thinks a letter to the North Pole should fix the problem, Bob knows what will really help... and tells the story of a little boy named Nicholas who made a discovery in Bethlehem that changed Christmas forever. But what did Nick learn and how can it possibly help Laura and her family? Find out as the Veggies discover the true joy of giving to others - at Christmas time and throughout the year!
The Star of Christmas: (Bob and Larry) are putting the finishing touches on their first Christmas musical. With more electric lights than London has ever seen, Cavis is sure his show will "teach London how to love!" Unfortunately, the local church Christmas pageant is scheduled for the same night. Which will London turn out to see? Find out in this Christmas story adventure that encourages us to love each other. And more importantly, that God showed the greatest love of all when Jesus was born!
The Little Drummer Boy: In this Veggie-version of a holiday classic, Junior Asparagus stars as The Little Drummer Boy, a lonely child who finds the true meaning of Christmas when he stumbles upon the birth of the baby Jesus. A story of generosity, hope, and love, this timeless tale will warm the hearts of children everywhere! You can print a coloring sheet and You can also make your own drum.
The Toy that Saved Christmas: Appearing in his own TV commercials, unscrupulous toy maker, Wally P. Nezzer has convinced all of Dinkletown that "Christmas is when you get stuff!" With the town's children begging for more toys, it's sure to be the worst Christmas ever -- until one brace little Buzz-Saw Louie doll decides to take matters into his own hands! The Toy That Saved Christmas reminds children of all ages that "Christmas isn't about getting; it's about giving.
It also comes with a Christmas Singalong Songs DVD (karaoke style)and a CD of Christmas Songs.

For those of you with older children let them make there own Veggie-Tales E-cards for friends and Family. For more crafts visit Veggie Tales on Pinterest.

Looking for a gift? They also have a gift guide.
The Savings Wife ([...])
on December 3, 2012
I bought this just a few days ago and wanted to make everyone aware that this set is actually missing material. In addition to all bonus features from the original individual DVDs being gone (which I had a feeling they would be), the silly songs for "The Toy That Saved Christmas" and "Saint Nick" have been edited out. I'm not sure why the studio has done this or why no one else has caught it. While it's true that the price is good, why would you want shows that are very incomplete?
on February 27, 2013
It's A Veggie Christmas Marathon! Plug in the tree, light the fire and get ready for the VeggieTales Christmas Extravaganza!

Big Idea has put out a new christmas collection! i was SO excited to get the opportunity to review this. I LOVE veggietales and I love veggitales christmas even more! its just so lovely! on this collection it has every VeggieTales Christmas DVD that is out. Plus there is a cd that has 25 christmas songs. here is the list of what is on the 2 disc collection.

Includes:
It's a Meaningful Life
Saint Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving
The Little Drummer Boy
The Toy that Saved Christmas
The Star of Christmas
Christmas Singalong DVD
+ 25 Song CD! Approx. 243 minutes

Now i had seen most of these before, except for The Star of Christmas. and i love them all. they are so clever and just all around great. its the best that there is the christmas cd too. i will definitely put all those songs (except feliz navidad cause i kinda despise that song) on my mp3 player come christmas time. the only thing bad about this collection is the singalong dvd. i just don't really see a point to those. maybe for older kids who can read but i'm not sure what else it is useful for.

other than that its awesome. i just love that they made a collection like this.
on November 13, 2012
My kids are a bit too young to enjoy "It's a Wonderful Life" but by watching VeggieTales "It's a Meaningful Life" they get the same message and learn to be grateful and content with what they have. This is really a perfect collection of shows to watch with your kids to help them learn about the meaning of Christmas. And it helps that my husband and I also enjoy watching them. :) They always crack me up :)
on November 4, 2012
Yeah!! Christmas time is coming soon!! Well for my family it is already here. I start Christmas shopping and Christmas activities early just because I love this time of year! The Christmas Spirit is just a wonderful feeling to me! People are happier and jolly! I really do wish people would have that spirit all year long!

While my family loves Christmas I want to make sure they understand the true reason behind Christmas. It is not just about getting gifts! It is not always easy to teach these things to young children. That is why I am really loving the Veggie Tales The Ultimate Christmas Collection!

I have a two year old that is actually sitting down watching and LEARNING about the true meanings behind Christmas. Oh...and the songs are so cute! We play them in the car to! I know, I know, it is only the beginning of November :)

This is a 2-disc collection and includes Holiday Favorites + 25 Favorite Christmas Songs CD!

It's a Meaningful Life ~ A wonderful story of learning to be happy with what you have.
The Little Drummer Boy ~ A heart string pulling wonderful story of learning about the birth of baby Jesus.
The Toy That Saved Christmas ~ This story reminds children that Christmas is not about getting, it is about giving.
The Star of Christmas ~ A very funny, action packed story of God's love.
Saint Nicholas ~ The Veggies discover the true joy of giving to others.
Christmas Sing-Alongs Songs ~ 10 silly songs with a karaoke feature so you can sing along :)

The way VeggieTales take a heart warming lesson and makes it fun to watch with silly song is wonderful!
on January 15, 2016
We love Veggietales, and this collection in no exception! It was purchased to obtain the story The Star of Christmas for our Advent activities.
I love that it also comes with their Christmas CD. We have it on iTunes, but a disc makes it so much easier during holiday travels.
on January 31, 2016
If you're looking for good Christmas videos for you and your kids to watch this is a great collection of them. The share the true meaning of Christmas but share it with a lot of humor. Kids are truly entertained by them.
on November 14, 2015
My children enjoy these videos. Literally, it's Christmas every week in our house because my kids LOVE to watch the same video every Sunday. I actually don't mind it. I quite enjoy the tales they tell and the music videos that are included.
on August 4, 2015
What a great collection of videos! Love the characters and most of all the message that my kids (and I) get when we watch them together. It's hard to fight the Disney collection that my kids always request, but once I put the video in and we start watching, everyone is captivated by VeggieTales. It's up to us parents to put the better videos into the DVD players. We are responsible for what our kids watch. Make it good!
on January 6, 2015
My son got this as a gift a couple years ago and absolutely loves it! VeggieTales are movies for children but also teach about developing a relationship with God. These Christmas ones are great because they teach children what Christmas is really about!!

There are 6 stories total and there is also an included CD with 25 Christmas songs!

DVD #1 has 3 stories. These are:
-The Toy That Saved Christmas: The toymaker Wally P. Nezzer appears in his own toy commercials and has convinced the whole town of Dinkletown that "Christmas is when you get stuff!" The children in town start begging for more and more toys! One brave toy, Buzz-Saw Louis, decides to take matters into his own hands in order to save Christmas. This story helps to remind children that Christmas is about giving and not getting.

-The Star of Christmas: This story is set in 1880's London and Cavis Appythart and Millward Phelps are putting up the finishing touches on their first Christmas musical. Cavis believes this musical will teach London to love. There is also a church Christmas pageant that little Edmund Gilbert stages that is set to open that same night. How will Cavis make sure his show comes out on top? This story teaches all about God's love.

-Saint Nicholas: Laura Carrot's family is in trouble and headed for a presentless and treeless Christmas as her dad is in danger of losing his job after his truck breaks down! Larry believes a letter to Santa can fix the problem but Bob knows what will really help and that is to tell the story of a little boy named Nicholas who made a special discovery in Bethlehem that changed Christmas forever. But what was it he learned? In this story the veggies discover the true joy of giving to others.

The 2nd DVD includes:
-Christmas Sing-Along Songs!: These songs are sure to bring out smiles at Christmas time. Bob, Larry, and the rest of the veggies star in this sing-along for the whole family. It also includes 10 Silly Songs with a karaoke feature.

-It's a Meaningful Life: Stewart (Larry) plays in the biggest football game of his life and had a chance to win it. After he is injured in a bad play, his hopes are dashed. Years later, he loves his family, friends, and job but still wonders "what if" things were different. He meets a mysterious train conductor that can turn back time. He gets the chance of the live he wanted but will he find what he's looking for? The silly song "Goodnight Junior" is included in this story of wonder and lesson in being content.

-The Little Drummer Boy: When it feels you have nothing to bring what can you give the King? Junior stars as The Little Drummer Boy who is a lonely child who finds the true meaning of Christmas when he stumbles upon Baby Jesus. This is a story of hope, love, and forgiveness and also features the silly song "8 Polish Foods of Christmas".