4.0 out of 5 stars A Must for Your Financial Library
The Ultimate Credit Handbook was one of the best purchases I've made. It goes beyond the normal "we'll show you how to fix your credit-type" schemes and resources. Detweiler is honest with not providing any information that would give the impression that repairing your credit is an easy task.
This book was especially more helpful, because it was the first...
Published on November 29, 2000 by R. Anthony Mills

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money
It is all about common sense. Does not really help those with poor credit scores.
Published on November 8, 2001

4.0 out of 5 stars A Must for Your Financial Library, November 29, 2000
This review is from: The Ultimate Credit Handbook: How to Double Your Credit, Cut Your Debt, and Have a Lifetime of Great Credit (Mass Market Paperback)
This book was especially more helpful, because it was the first resource I've read (and there's been quite a few) that went through and actually explained certain processes and systems. For anyone serious about improving their score, its a resource you should have.
The only disappointment is that the book is more for the person starting out on the "repairing trail." If you've started the process and have it pretty much under control, there may be very little to assist you further.
But don't sleep, its worth the money. When done, pass it on to a family member or friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must reading for every "card-carrying" American!, November 4, 1998
By A Customer
Credit expert Gerri Detweiler explains how to get and keep the lowest cost credit -- and how to battle bank foul-ups. If you have credit problems now, or have had some in the past, this book could be a financial lifesaver. Learn to get your credit profile in shape, find the best card deals, and implement a lifetime strategy for great credit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless credit tips I have used to save money /make money, March 15, 2001
These credit tips were the basis for my company, United College Marketing Services.
This book was awesome and I used it as the foundation for Credit Strategies Seminars educating over 25mm young adults. It contains great tips on getting and keeping good credit for yourself. I truly encourage everyone who want to have awesome credit to get this book.
People that I have referred this book to rave about it as well. Libraries have multiple copies and people tell me that they are almost always checked out. My first copy of Ultimate Credit Handbook is very worn and close to falling apart...
I met Gerri back in 1988 at an International Credit Industry conference. I have never met a more giving person. Her career has been dedicated selflessly to helping consumers.
Buy this book because if you don't, you will lose out on thousands of dollars in interest fees.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is extremely well written!, December 4, 2001
By A Customer
This book truely answered all of my questions about credit and then went into suggestions that I could understand and implement. My credit is now perfect with a credit score of over 750. You will learn that scores over 700 are considered "A" credit. You will also see the importance of paying off high interest debt first. It sounds so simple but many people, like myself, were paying more on our mortgage while still carrying a credit card balance. This book has changed my family into knowledgable consumers. We are now debt free and I would strongly recommend it to anyone- and no, I don't know the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most useful book in credit management I have ever read!, March 21, 2000
By A Customer
The book provides a lot of useful information about credit management, espacially for those people who have never had any credit. College students are, probably, the largest part of population bearing this characteristic. That is why I, being a college student myself, would like to highly recommend this book to everyone, especially students, as the most educative and useful in-real-life read ever! Gerri Detweiler emphasizes great strategies and techniques of dealing with credit card companies and making sure that your credit is and always remains in top shape!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sun Times says it is the best book for credit curious, July 19, 1998
Explains how to clean up a credit report. But it goes beyond just fixing up your record to cover rebuilding your credit, getting cheaper and lower rate credit cards and learning how to live within your means.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ten steps to financial wisdom, July 15, 1997
By A Customer
This book is the most useful financial took I have ever read. The majority of financial books focus on the details of transactions or the emotional battles of spending or saving money. Written by a woman with practical experience, this guide contains helpful, accurate information for
bolstering your credit and practical suggestions for overcoming emotional roadblocks to financial stability.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Credit Handbook, June 4, 2003
By A Customer
We used the information outlined in this book and it worked great. We had an old credit issue that dogged us for years. With this credit advise, we were able to deal effectively with AmEx and get incorrect charge-offs against our credit removed. This information is powerful and valuable. We recommend it.
Craig H.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, June 29, 2001
As a young adult, this book goes into GREAT detail on how to manage my future and make sure i get the best of my already lengthly credit including what i can do to make sure it stays above par.

5.0 out of 5 stars ultimatecredithandbook, November 19, 2002
By A Customer
this book gave me the information i needed to turn my finacial life around. easy to understand the who what where how and why to your credit history and future. if you need help with anything regarding your credit this book is all you need. thank you gerri detweiler.

Used & New from: $0.01