The Ultimate Edge 2001-EVO 18-Piece Knife Case with Full Accessory Compartment, Black
|Price:||$86.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$13.05 (13%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Double stitched reinforced elasticized pockets, Deluxe Shoulder Strap
- Fully zippered interior protective flap
- Interior mesh accessory pocket, Interior and exterior business card holder, Interior Pen/Pencil Holder
- Fully reinforced, padded carry handle
- D-rings to accommodate a Shoulder Strap
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Although the Ultimate Edge case is a bit more expensive, I am glad I picked this bag over Mercer for several reasons:
- Ultimate Edge's case feels more durable and holds its shape, whereas Mercer felt and looked floppy.
- The interior of the Ult.Edge case is black and the slots holds knives firmly in place. In the Mercer bag, the interior is red, made of nylon, the pockets don't hold knives as firmly, and overall looked cheap.
- The third zip compartment of the Ult.Edge bag has 3 mesh zipper pockets to hold additional tools in place. Mercer has its accessories compartment too, but I was too distracted by the tacky red interior to really take notice.
- Although both bags are the same size, Ult.Edge's bag looks more sleek in my opinion. Mercer has 2 snap locks on the front to secure the bag, but Ult. Edge has a velcro padding to enclose the top handles.
If you're looking for a well designed, high quality knife case, then I highly recommend Ultimate Edge. I think for the price and the overall quality and functionality, this is the best one available.
To me, what makes this bag exceptional vs. other bags is that it so brilliantly organizes all of your tools, gadgets, knives. With three fully zippered sections, this bag really does open like a book. And compared to my past knife bags, it's nice to be able to fully close it, as compared to the roll style that does not. The two sections for your knives for me, as I am a Pastry Chef, were more then adequate. But the 2 sections combined have room for at least 18 knives. One thing to keep in mind is that one side of each "page" of the knife compartment is intended for larger knives with larger handles and has 4 slots, the opposite "page" has 5 slots for smaller knives. So that's a total of 4 pages to put knives and other long handled tools; tweezers, offset spatulas, tongs, etc. The two knife compartments each have a protective layer in between with velcro attachments so your knives/tools won't rub together.
The third section is for smaller tools. Both sides are lined with mesh. It opens up and on one side you have a fully zippered subsection for the larger of your smaller tools; microplanes, candy thermometers, bench scrapers etc. The other side has two fully zippered smaller sections that each run the length of the bag. Small offsets, peelers, paring knives, sharpies, whatever you need, you have plenty of room. The only thing I would change here if I could, was to have used a clear mesh material instead of black. It's a minor critique I realize, but it would have made it a little easier to see everything.Read more ›
The only negative I have is if you put a knife with a big handle in the selected slot, it will stretch it out to the point where you cannot fit a knife with a smaller handle (e.g. Chef knife to paring knife) but it doesn't really make a difference that would change my mind on the case! You just have to designate certain slots for bigger knives, its really NO BIGGIE!! Good work Ultimate Edge, only if you made a case for my Sniper rifle, then we would be set!! haha!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love this chef bag it hold all my knife and accessories .. Perfect size bagPublished 2 days ago by william a.
First, allow me to make full disclosure: I am not a chef: I have no classic training, but I am a pretty good cook. Read morePublished 3 months ago by baldwinbuddy
I have owned several knife rolls and bags, but this is hands down the best. opens like a book so you don't need to unpack it every time you need a tool, and has plenty of room in... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Kevin M. Hyder
It's a decent design but there's a couple of major flaws for a professional chef.
1) To many small knife pockets, can't fit a large knife
2)_The double sided pockets are... Read more