Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on June 23, 2013
After believing the 5-star reviews and thinking I needed this product, I now find it a bit silly and gimmicky. It works, but the peels stick inside the tube and prevent the friction needed to peel more garlic. Rinsing in water seems to be the only way to remove the peels, and since I don't want damp garlic I need to towel-dry the tube well. 99% of my uses for garlic require simply smashing or pressing, which don't require keeping the cloves intact so the skins just fall away. Waste of money.
on February 17, 2013
This is the type of thing that makes you say, "Now why didn't I think of that?"
It works perfectly!
BUT...here is the caveat: after about two cloves, the skins that are inside the tube actually prevent you from peeling additional cloves. And the skin sticks to the inside, so the only way to get rid of it is to rinse it in the sink.
Just a minor irratation.
on July 14, 2011
i bought this after getting a free gift some other site for my parents.
doesn't really work.
the silicon doesn't have any grooves inside to make the garlic peel easily.
it works sometimes but not all the time.
my other one has the groove that holds the garlic better and cracks it very easily.

after the use, i would not recommend this.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 9, 2012
I like to roast garlic. Many folks roast whole bulbs and then squeeze out the contents of each clove. I prefer to make a lot of garlic at once and then have it for spreading on fresh bread and to use in recipes. The easiest way to do this is to have a large amount of peeled garlic cloves that can then be roasted in a tureen with oil, salt, and pepper. Peeling the garlic is never fun. This product presents an easy way to cut down on peeling time. You simply take a few cloves and put them into the middle of the tube and roll it about on a hard surface. It is important to note that the amount of pressure required is more than a light touch. I was surprised at how much pressure I had to apply to completely remove the skins. Still, it was an easy process and I was able to husk thirty to forty cloves in a short period of time.

This product is made in China.
on January 15, 2013
Hard to believe that this little silicone tube takes the peel off of garlic, but it does. You have to press a little firm, but if you press too hard you end up with garlic mash. So be careful. The only thing I wish this had inside of it is a small notch of some sort that would grab a little better. The upside to this thing is no more sticky fingers from peeling garlic by hand. It does work.
on March 28, 2014
After reading the mixed review, I had to get this and try it. All the reviews are true - but its still cuts my garlic peeling time in half and adds no time to my clean up, so I am happy. My only complaint is mine is an ungodly bright pink, wish I could have picked any color but pink.

Yes - the garlic shells get stuck in there and you need to rinse it out with water. But for me only every 4 or 5 cloves and after you rinse out the Peeler, I am not finding my garlic to be overly wet.

Yes - if you press to hard it crushes the garlic and it can bruise it as well. But with a little practice this stopped happening.
on January 21, 2015
Okay, garlic people, this will change your lives! No more smashing cloves with a knife and getting bits of papery peel stuck all over your hands. Put in a clove, roll it a few times and then dump out a perfectly peeled clove. The best part is that due to the ease of peeling, you will now use even more garlic in your dishes than before, causing all mentally deficient non-garlic lovers to abandon your meal in disgust and leave more for you!
on August 27, 2014
I harvest garlic every summer and this peeler did not help very much. I think if the garlic was old the skins might have fallen off but the skins on my fresh garlic from the garden (even after 4weeks of drying) just wouldl't fall off without a peeling knife.
on May 9, 2012
This is an AMAZING gadget and I wish I'd bought one sooner. I'd seen these years ago, but didn't know if they really worked. I witnessed a friend use one in her kitchen and was so amazed at how quickly it worked that as soon as I got home I ordered this one for myself. Simply put a clove of garlic in the tube and roll it on the countertop with your palm. Then tip it out. Usually the garlic and peel will be totally separated. Sometimes I have to pull the peel off, but it comes off easily. Static cling causes a lot of the peel to stick to the inside of the tube, but I don't find this to be a problem. Clean-up is easy. I just rinse it out and let it dry. I love this and just bought one for my mother-in-law, a great cook who hates to peel garlic.
on January 5, 2012
Works like a charm! Just do one or two pods at a time rolling it only a couple times. I have demonstarated it to friends who are equally amazed.