5.0 out of 5 stars Buy This Book
This is a must-have frying guide/recipe book. Clearly written recipes, nice photos of food items and lots of variety. If you are going to purchase a frying guide/recipe book this is the one to get.
Published on April 5, 2012 by Shirley

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing much new here.
This book is accurate but it is recycling of old stuff. And it is about deep frying, mostly. I guess that nothing much has changed except the cycle. We have gone from lard, beef tallow, and butter through shortening (I still use Crisco) and vegetable oil back to butter, lard, and other cooking oils.

I am almost 80 years old and I was raised on fried meat,...
Published 14 months ago by Alfred V. Fuller

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy This Book, April 5, 2012
Shirley (Sacramento CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ultimate Guide to Frying: How to Fry Just about Anything (The Ultimate Guides) (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, well illustrated, clear advice and recipes, September 19, 2012
Nice, well illustrated, clear advice and recipes. All gloss and looks to be fairly well constructed (binder) so it should last a while.

My only negative is in quite a few places I noticed the beautiful glossy pictures did not show the cooked recipe. Sometimes they were stock photo's of maybe an ingredient...very pretty but not very helpful with the recipe at all.

Still a good book with a lot of great advice on cooking safety, types of oils to use, temperatures...and a dedicated chapter to deep frying a turkey up front (with appropriate step by step photos).

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing much new here., May 4, 2013

I am almost 80 years old and I was raised on fried meat, dutch oven biscuits, beef and venison jerky and lots of bacon. I am in pretty good shape--especially my eyes and my stomach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Cookbook, February 25, 2013
Ordered this cookbook and recieved it very quickly. A lot of good recipes inside. I definitely recommend it to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great frying recipies!, February 18, 2013
I love this cookbook! It has many simple recipies I remember but had many more I have never tried. This is a great frying cookbook with easy directions.

3.0 out of 5 stars not what i thought, February 20, 2013
Just not as informative is i would have hoped for the price. i believe you could do better for the money

1.0 out of 5 stars A WASTE OF TIME, MONEY & FOOD, April 8, 2013
THE RECIPES IN THIS BOOK DO NOT LIVE UP TO THE HYPE THAT SURROUNDS THE BOOK, NOR THE AUTHOR. TRIED TWO OF THE RECIPES AND BOTH WERE FLOPS. RE-READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AND FOLLOWED THEM TO THE LETTER. THE BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN MUST HAVE A MISTAKE IN THE PRINTING AS IT CALLS FOR FRYING FOR ABOUT 19 MINUTES....MINE BURNED TO A CRISP AT 11 MINUTES! SO BAD WE HAD TO THROW THEM IN THE GARBAGE! UN-EATABLE! THE GRAND MARNIER BEIGNETS TURNED OUT BEAUTIFUL, JUST LIKE THE PICTURE IN THE BOOK....BUT WERE TASTELESS! AGAIN, RE-READ THE DIRECTIONS AND FOLLWED THEM TO THE LETTER BUT TURNED OUT TO BE A BIG DUD! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME, MONEY OR FOOD ON THIS RECIPE BOOK!

2.0 out of 5 stars I WANT TO FRY THIS BOOK BUT CAN'T FIND A GOOD BATTER RECIPE..., January 29, 2014
This book is extremely comprehensive with everything and anything you can think to fry - from naan bread to fried pickles to fried icecream - this book covers it all and then some. The reasons I decided against this though were two fold - 1. I don't own a deep fryer and am not sure if I will want to make this purchase as it may not get used enough. While I love a weekend afternoon with a Corona and frying everything in sight including non edible objects - those fun times are pretty few and far between those days as calorie and time restraints (sigh being a grown up so not fun) make them not practical. 2. A lot of the recipes I would have used such as the mushrooms, onion rings, shrimp etc were recipes I already had in my file and thus not really as useful for me since I prefer either a basic beer batter or tempura if I am going to eat fried things. All in all a definitely useful tome to have on hand, just not for me.

$14.95 $12.18