Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Underwear Dare: Nerd vs. Bully!
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 24, 2011
As a mom of 3 boys, I know far too well how challenging it can be to get boys interested in reading. I highly recommend The Underwear Dare. My boys LOVED it! It is entertaining and funny and they can really relate to it. The main characters are very likable and it has just the right amount of gross-out humor that boys love - without going overboard with it. It is a wonderful story that takes a closer look at what it is like to be bullied as well as be the bully. Along the way there are heartfelt lessons tucked neatly in the story that flow so well kids won't realize they've been learning! There are wonderful surprises and warm moments throughout. This would also be an ideal book for kids adjusting to a blended family or struggling with sibling relationships. My boys liked The Underwear Dare so much, I bought another copy. I certainly hope there is sequel on the way. It would make a wonderful series. My boys want more of Josh and Eddie!
on December 11, 2014
watch my review here!http://youtu.be/RgttVukOq7Q
Hi Everyone!

I am so excited to share this book with you because it is one that you probably have never heard of and will probably become one of your favorites. I learned about this book from one of my friends who comments on my Studio B page. Isn't sharing books great!

This books is right up there with Diary of a Wimpy Kid that is full of gags and LOL fun. It teaches positive messages so mom and dad like it too. Let me know what you think about this book and comment below.

Hugs,
Brooke

P.S. I should WARN you this book has a lot of grossness and is not for the faint of heart. So go ahead and read it. I DARE you!
on April 25, 2015
My 10 year old asked me to take this off of his Kindle after reading the first two chapters. He said it was so stupid. I read the first two chapters too and agreed. While burp and fart humor can be funny - this was just gross - very descriptive about the smells. Just gross.
on February 20, 2013
My 5th graders loved this book! Was great for prediction, inferring, and comparison as well as character development. The kids loved it because it was super funny. Every gross moment had them begging for more. They were so excited to see there is another book!
on May 25, 2015
This book has a good plot, but is worded in a quaint way. Sometimes it is hard to understand, though. For instance, Allie and Jack gave them presents, and it didn't explain why they bought them. Besides all of this, it is an enjoyable story, and a very interesting read. I learned handfuls of new vocab! I suggest this book for the age of 4-10.
on January 5, 2013
I got this to read to a ten year old boy, but I read it to my daughter, too. She liked it so much after the first few pages that she told me he had to wait until she was done. Wonderful story with good lessons. Typical boy humor :)
on June 7, 2012
I have just finished reading the Underwear Dare to my class and there was a collective laugh then sigh at the end of the last line.
They just lapped this book up, asking each day for some more - often asking more than once a day too. One boy (who never reads if he can help it) asked if they could have a whole day where they listened to me read. The funny dares and character relationships connected with each of my readers in their own way. I found myself sharing my biggest regret about reading with my class when we had finished this - the face that you can't re-read a book for the first time, and one girl put her hand up and said "that describes exactly how I feel"
This book is funny, realistic and deals with the emotions of the characters in a genuine and caring way. It was great to have Eddie and Josh be a part of our class while we read this. Thank-you!!!
on March 25, 2015
I would definitely recommend this book to children in elementary school. But it can also make a great book for adults looking for a laugh. This book just has a lot of odd and spontaneous humour. You need to get this book if your looking for a good laugh.
-awesome_man145
on December 30, 2014
Funniest book I've ever read to my students. I'm a librarian and have read this to students in grades 3 - 6. They've ALL laughed hysterically and couldn't wait for us to get together the following week to continue reading it. I bought the sequel and didn't find it very funny but this one is great for teaching kids about building friendships and being able to laugh at themselves. Plus the super bully gets tamed in the end. Lots of crude humor to keep all those boys entertained. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!
on May 5, 2015
Regular hysterics through out the reading of the book. The kiddos begged to read it together every night. Lost a 🌟 because some of the language was a little strong for our family. (E.g. Stupid, idiot, etc.) Overall great family read for under 10s both boys and girls.