Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Format: Blu-rayChange

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on November 21, 2015
Great show but the set I received was missing the last disc.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2016
okay
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2015
It was OK. It got here in time. But the case that's holds the DVDs was damaged. But other then that. Everything was in the case.
on March 3, 2015
Broken tabs inside case. Otherwise fine. May have dropped during shipping. Discs play just fine. Stll content with purchase :)
on February 1, 2015
ok
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2013
It's a fun show and susally one that I would love. The first seasons back and forth between Elena and Stefan was annoynig but was counteracted with enough plot development that it was ok. The only character I don't like is Bonnie. The I am in season 2 and the actress is ok but towards the end of season 1 her grandma dies and I was unmoved even though I know I should be. I felt worse for Damon than I did for Bonnie. Not to mention the HORRIBLE acting of the main character of Elena. She has improved since the pilot but I am still on the fence. I am giving it until the end of season 2 to improve. There are just too many good dhows out right now to bother.
on January 14, 2010
i've been a HUGE fan of this series since i was 14. i was incredibly worried about the changes that were made to the original series... many of the characters, the plot points, and even the name of the town are very, very different there, and i'll always prefer the original three books. that said, the writing is pretty good, there are some interesting plot twists, and there are a few moments that make me squee. not simply because i'm a fan of the original series, but because they are interesting, humorous, and well written.

there are some obvious, glaring flaws, such as elena being far too passive in this version and the love story between her and stefan being a little bit rushed... everything between the two of them happens just a little too fast, including the breaking up and then back together thing that seems to keep happening. without the love triangle in the books, damon's reason for being in fell's church and his character altogether suffer. he's a little bit too cruel at some times during this version, or that may be because caroline is so freaking adorable. in the books she was a typical bitchy, manipulative high school queen, and elena was nearly as bad, but here she's just ditzy and insecure and i want to hug her. maybe we'll see a bit of his softer side later in the series... his idea of bringing catherine back seems contrived and unworkable, but again, this may be fixed if we find out more about the way magic works in this world.

the show also has a habit of giving us interesting new vampires and then immediately killing them off before they get much screen time. once is fine, twice is a bit odd, especially when they were so close together. the third time, i winced. either decide to introduce new characters or use what you already have, please. it's too much, and it's becoming too obvious and losing it's emotional impact, like when captain kirk had a girlfriend and you immediately knew she would die.

i don't know how to bring up the oddest flaw without sounding insensitive to the matters of race, but... bonnie is supposed to be descended from people living in salem village at the time of the witch trials who were not persecuted, but decided to flee in case something happened to them. the only family recorded to have lived in salem village at that time who may have been the shade of brown her entire family seems to be were charged with witchcraft. it may be that she was mixed, but it still bothers me slightly, especially because the original story had her being a white descendant of celtic druids, which would have slid easily into that time period. bonnie's ancestor is a servant. she looks black and is living in the time of slavery, but apparently is not a slave. although the civil war is mentioned several times, no mention of slavery at all is ever in the show... it just seems... odd to gloss over something like that. i know it's not integral to the plot and there wouldn't be a huge plotline about it or anything, but it somehow comes off as a weird glossing over of racial issues.

i like this series, and with a little work on the part of the writers and actors, it has the potential to become awesome. i look forward to the second season to see if it fulfills that potential.
0Comment2 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2013
I got this for my sister, and we watched the first episode. It wasn't that great, we probably won't watch anymore of it. The acting is not so great and the story is the same old tired vampire love story. The vampire is falls in love with a girl and he's trying so hard not to eat her. It's a rip off of Twilight. There are so many vampire series and movies out there that you should try to look elsewhere. I saw Fright Night a week ago, it's really good, watch that. If you're looking for a series, maybe try True Blood, a lot of my friends who are girls always talk about how great it is.
11 comment1 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2014
This was a boring first season for me to watch
on February 16, 2013
I love everything supernatural, so I try to collect everything that it has to do with that. this season is good, but the only problem is that, back then when I purchase this item, I din't know I could return it if it was damage, now I know that. the season was freezing like in two disks. but the story it self is wonderful.
0Comment0 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse