5.0 out of 5 stars Best Show On TV this Season!
Published on October 6, 2010 by Julie Schmidt

3.0 out of 5 stars did not like as much as the first
I really liked the first series, but I guess as with other seasons the plot gets kind of old and boring. I have not even finished this series.
Published 17 months ago by KendraNP

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Show On TV this Season!, October 6, 2010
This review is from: The Vampire Diaries: Season 2 (DVD)
I love this show. I have pre-ordered the season on Amazon, thus avoiding the computer generated blurbs, and commercials. The characters are wonderful, even though they are all gorgeous and money never seems to be a problem, and neither is curfew. College would have been a more realistic setting for the characters. Then again, its a series about vampires, werewolves, and witches, so a little more suspension of disbelief is not all that hard. This season starts right as the first ended, at the carnival. I anticipate each episode being better than the previous. I love re-watching the first season, you discover new details each time you watch them. Sit back and enjoy! If you live Twilight you will love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing going on tv!, December 8, 2010
I heard this show was for teeny boppers but took a chance and purchased season 1
I am a recently retired Marine and after watching the first 5 minutes I was hooked!
This show has drama,action,and great acting! This series is for adults and kids.
Can't wait for season 2 to be released!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, September 20, 2010
Ralph Paulsen (Los Angeles, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
As I understand it, The Vampire Diaries is supposedly aimed at teenage girls, well I am neither, yet (as far as I am concerned) this series is tied with NCIS as the best program in TV, the BLU-RAY disc's are stunningly well done, the transfers are near perfection, the sound is well balanced and dynamic, the performances are first rate, the stories are great, and constantly go off in directions that are full of surprises, not to mention fun, I look froward to every episode, and can hardly wait until season 2 is out on BLU-RAY, so I don't have to constantly be distracted by the idiotic computer generated blurbs across the bottom of the screen, you know the ones that tell you what you are watching (wow they think were dumb) what's coming up next(gee I can't wait to find out), thanks for telling me, what's coming up next Tuesday, next month, next year, log on to this or that link, tell us how good we are, bla bla bla et infinitum, makes the decision to buy the BLU-RAY a no brainer, the same applies to season 2, it's just as involving and the Blu-Ray discs are just as well done, can't heap enough praise on this series or the BR transfers

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, December 7, 2010
This review is from: The Vampire Diaries: Season 2 (DVD)
The TV Series is so much better than the books, which is a first for me . I have always preferred the book or books over any movie or show created loosely based on a book. So, I have to say the screen writers are creating episodes for this series which are far more exciting to watch than read !!! Gotta love the CAST Too !!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST VAMP SERIES EVER!!!, December 8, 2010
This review is from: The Vampire Diaries: Season 2 (DVD)
This series makes movies like twilight look like a cheap cartoon flick!! By far the best vampire series i have ever seen. Very well written, directed, and the cast is superior to none. I enjoy it immensely along side of Smallville & Supernatural. Definitely my top 3 so far!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars TVD had me at HELLO, December 28, 2010
Margana S (Pittsburgh PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Vampire Diaries: Season 2 (DVD)
The books may have been geared towards teenagers (which I am not one) but the TV series stands up to the best of the best on the air right now. It has been years since any show has captivated me or my friends where we count down the days, then the hours, until showtime. Well written plots move very fast, which means if you actually miss an episode, you better download it off iTunes before the next episode. If you can look past the stunningly beautiful cast, you will be pleasantly surprised at the talent and chemistry stuffed into one hour. There have been moments of shock, moments of love, moments of warm fuzzies that will stay with you for days.

I have made it a goal to introduce everyone I care about to TVDs and I have yet to fail in my quest to convert them into fans. I get thanked repeatedly. I've even brought on new Twitter people to follow the cast since most of them are active tweeters. So if you have some mind block where you won't tune in because its in the middle of Season 2, or you think its for preteens, you are dead wrong. Currently on Thursday at 8 pm EST on The CW. Watch it... you may even dream about it because it is that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Egads *another* teen vampire series..., April 10, 2011
J. Burgos "I <3 Books & Comics" (West Hollywood, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Yep, that's exactly what I thought when I heard of this show. I thought it was yet another mass-consumer product for all those rabid Tween-Twilight fans (and their mom's)...
Until I actually sat down and watched it.
VD, (funny acronyms aside) I am happy to admit, was everything that Twilight dribble was not: it treated teens seriously, (as Buffy the Vampire Slayer did) realistically and was not afraid to explore controversial subjects. This show does not depict teens as vapid, angsty and shallow, (although some of the characters do start that way). It takes the vampire genre, (Dracula, Anne Rice, True Blood) and the teen TV show genre (90210, Dawson's Creek, Party of Five) and gives it a fresh and supernatural spin. Its refreshing to see a show where the characters have real-life motivations, actually portraying the glories and perils of adolescence. It does not shy away from topics such as drug use, unprotected sex, racism and promiscuity. It blends adolescent and adult characters with great care and realism. It is nice to actually watch a show that makes me want to come back for more, that actually cares about the subject and the viewer. Major characters struggle, suffer and actually die; this is not a soap opera. Bravo for Vampire Diaries! Cannot wait for season 3. I just hope they keep these writers happy and that the formula continues. For those of you who are reluctant to watch, trust me, I was too and now I am a big fan of this show.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like a mini-movie every week!!, March 12, 2011
This review is from: The Vampire Diaries: Season 2 (DVD)
I feel like I'm watching a movie every week! This show has it going on!! For the SNOBS out there.... I'm sure True Blood is great, but you really can't compare the two because TB is on a cable channel where they can be a little more graphic. With TVD, it was intended for the younger audience and is on a local standard channel. I think this show appeals to all ages because even though it's sexy, it's also wholesome. And Damon.... that man is HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This series gets better and better!, February 6, 2011
This review is from: The Vampire Diaries: Season 2 (DVD)
A friend who knows that I love the Twilight and True Blood books and films got me hooked on this show, and I just love it. It's kind of a cross between the two other series: it doesn't have the persistent longing and heartbreak (part of the "cheese factor," which is fun, but which can be overbearing) that are throughout the Twilight series, and yet isn't as graphic as True Blood. That being said, it's definitely it's own very unique show.

The character development is really fantastic on TVD, and each episode really focuses on drawing out intricacies of each personality. Also, there are a lot of plot lines to follow and characters that appear and then re-appear, which make for an interesting story arc. Additionally, the central characters also have a complexity to them that is missing from some other series.

As other reviewers have said, this show definitely appeals to many age groups and both genders. I'm in my late 30's and love this show, and know many of my diverse friends like it, too.

It's a great show that keeps getting better with each new episode!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pre-review, October 26, 2010
This review is from: The Vampire Diaries: Season 2 (DVD)
I wonder how one can review a show that is not yet in completion but on Amazon apparently one can. So far the show has manage to avoid the sophomore jinks and it still holding good. I do not know if the writers are seasoned or if it is because most of the ensemble is so talented but I have yet to be disappointed. Even though considerable changes have been made in regards to the books; the writers seem to know that these changes have been a benefit not a hinder like Allan Ball created with True Blood.

The Vampire Diaries: Season 2
The Vampire Diaries: Season 2 by Nina Dobrev (DVD - 2011)
$59.98 $17.99