5.0 out of 5 stars I am loving this serial novel!
I am loving this serial novel! In this installment we get to see her relationships between her grandfather and Drew begin to grow. We also learn more about the history and lore behind this series. I am off to read part three!
Published on February 24, 2012 by Delphina

2.0 out of 5 stars The Vampire Hunter's Daughter pt II
It's good story but, don't ordering more little parts of story. So I well not get any more of the story.
Published 13 months ago by BJ

5.0 out of 5 stars I am loving this serial novel!, February 24, 2012
This review is from: The Vampire Hunter's Daughter: Part II: Powerful Blood (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Part 2 is just as fun as the first., November 9, 2011
Christie Silvers (Chatsworth, GA United States) - See all my reviews
The second installment of The Vampire Hunter's Daughter picked up where part 1 left off. Just as exciting as the first one and now we get to learn more about what is expected of Chloe in her new life. I look forward to finding out more and following this series closely. :)

2.0 out of 5 stars The Vampire Hunter's Daughter pt II, June 16, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars loving this series, June 15, 2013
I am loving this series. I really like the relationship between Chloe and Drew it should be interesting to see how that goes.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST Read! GREATNESS!, June 7, 2012
This whole series is TERRIFIC! A great read hands down!! I was hooked (line & sinker) after the very first one! I began with the Part I (free version) & immediately went to purchase Part II-V. Then I was totally bummed to see part VI was not yet released. Eagerly awaiting the release I found myself needing a Wright fix, so back to search I went. I about jumped for joy to see her novel The Birth of Jaiden! It's a must read as well!! She brings such life into her characters & builds this story that sucks you in completely! Every book left me wanting more without making me feel like the ending was incomplete. She definitely has a knack for this! ;-) You will NOT regret reading this! I look forward to reading many many more writings by this author!!!!
Updated....Read Part VI the day it came out & I am now on pins & needles waiting for the new Arcadia Falls series!!! ;-D

5.0 out of 5 stars The Vampire Hunter's Daughter part 2, October 7, 2011
After Chloe learns who and what she was. She tries to adapted to where she is living now. Which is a training village for future vampire hunters! She decides to train as hard as she could so when the day comes to kill the vampire responsible for her mothers death. But when she comes face to face with another vampire she freezes, you have to at first think does she have what it takes to kill a vampire? But as the story goes along you learn more and more about chloe.
This second installment to this great series was amazing!!! Again Jennifer Wright knows how to write a book very well,no boring parts and you get action what more can you ask for? I can not wait to read the next book!! This one just leaves you wanting more and more. I give it 5 out of 5 stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Second Episode, Keeps Great Pace, December 26, 2011
If you're expecting a short story, you won't be quite satisfied here. This isn't really a short-story, or an Amazon.com Single. What it really is more closely resembles a serial novel. Much like comic books have a running storyline, in which the edition tells an almost complete story but then leaves it open for the next edition, THE VAMPIRE HUNTER'S DAUGHTER is a serial that requires the reader to stay tuned for the next 'episode'. This Part II is the continuation of the story from The Vampire Hunter's Daughter: Part I, so don't purchase this one until you've purchased and read the first one, or you'll miss some of the best action scenes and won't get as good of a feel for what compels the protagonist.

The story is told from the point of view of the lead character, our protagonist, Chloe, whose age is between 14-16 in the storyline. However, don't let this age fool you into thinking this is a story for kids. It's not. Young adult, teen, yes, but not kids, and there's enough action to entertain adults too. Just because the lead is a teenager doesn't exclude the adults from reading. I like the voice of the main character. Wright does a good job making her feel like a typical teenager, but then she also puts the weight and responsibility of being more than your average teenager to work too.

In Part II, Chloe has to begin her training as a vampire hunter, and she is introduced to more people in the quaint 'village-like' city in which the hunters live together, keeping their secrets and cosmic roles from everyone else, bounded by their mutual responsibility to protect the humans of the world from the vampires who would turn or kill them.

We also learn more about how the vampires in this universe operate, and how they can be eliminated too. We also learn, with foreshadowing, that Chloe, while having to just learn to be a teenager, also is going to have to learn more about what being descendant from the bloodlines of powerful vampire hunters (and perhaps even demi-gods and goddesses), but also that she is unique in that she is the offspring of both a hunter AND a vampire. What gifts, talents and supernatural interventions find her remain to be seen, but this mixture of bloodlines might prove more than she can handle.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that the vampire she's the offspring from is quite powerful... and he has his mind set on getting his hands on her too! In the meantime, Chloe has to learn just to be a normal teenager, cope with her mother's death, cope with moving to a new place and learning things about herself she never knew... it's a lot for a girl to deal with, and Drew, a young man we get to know more in Part II, isn't being as helpful as he could.

After finishing the Part I, I was eager to read the next part, and by Part II, I was hooked. Don't pick this up unless you're committed to reading the series, because you'll find you can't wait to get to the next section! As the author continues to add to the series, I hope to continue to read it.

I enjoy the tone of this series. Wright does a great job capturing the feel of a teenager who is a bit rebellious, a little flippant, a touch sarcastic, but mostly, alone and scared and trying to put on a brave front for everyone. Additionally, as we learn more about the universe this series is set in, we learn about the vampires and the hunters, the legends behind them and more. This series puts a new twist on the genre of vampires, keeping it fresh.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, May 31, 2014
Liked it but it was too short-I wanted more too read. Have to keep buying one book right after the ohers

3.0 out of 5 stars neat sweet and intriguing..., April 21, 2014
Neat sweet and intriguing. A little short, but fairly well written with interesting twists. So far this series is a lot like popcorn...

5.0 out of 5 stars over just when it got good!!, February 1, 2014
So this picks up where the other one stoped... oh and can I just say ugh... right when we get to the bread and butter its over.

Chole is training and becoming stronger but still is not where she wants to be in her fighting. She can handle a gun though.

One night when drew takes her shopping they find a vampire and chole sees drew take it out. When they return hone he shows her affection and she runs and hides. And that is where we are left... boooo hisss.

This is a really great series I'm really enjoying it. The author is doing a great job with character development.

Rate and Discover Movies