Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur: Over 140 Simply Delicious Recipes That Treat the Eyes and Taste Buds
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on November 21, 2010
I have been a vegan for a long time now and love to cook. Vegan baking though has always kind of scared me. I haven't had great success in the past and it really put me off attempting it. However, Vegan Cookie Connoisseur totally inspires me! It is such a cute, creative and adorable book. The photos were so lovely to behold and writing so friendly that I dedicated last Sunday to bake as much as I could and get over my phobia once and for all. I made the Snickerdoodles, Oatmeal Scotchies (substituted with chocolate chips) and Crispy Pumpkin cookies. When I was a kid my sisters who are both quite good at baking used to make Snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies all the time and I have to say that the recipes Kelly provided COMPLETELY lived up to my childhood memories. My husband never had Snickerdoodles before and now he is obsessed with them. So perfect, that's all I can say. Melt in your mouth perfect. The oatmeal chip cookies are also simply delicious. The pumpkin cookies are perfectly spiced. Even my husband who isn't a big fan of pumpkin loves them. I seriously couldn't believe that I attempted vegan baking, had 3 out of 3 recipes success, and had fun in the process. We only have a household of two, so we put all the extra cookies in the freezer and found that they hold up very well that way. We can grab a couple each night without feeling required to eat them all up, though we were seriously tempted! This Sunday I just made the Lemon Poppy Seed and the Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate cookies. The Lemon Poppy Seed cookies are very delicate and light have wonderful lemon flavor. The Mexican Hot Chocolate cookies are the best cookies I have ever had in my entire life. Crunchy and chewy, not overly sweet and perfectly flavored with a hint of cayenne kick. I used to love those Mexican hot chocolate bars when I was a kid and these cookies are totally spot on. I really can't get over how phenomenal this book is. It is hardcover, but not hard to rest in a book holder and read from while baking. The instructions are easy and there are pictures for each recipe so you know what to expect. The sheer variety of recipes (140 in all) really impresses me and Kelly has a real flair for decoration and styling her pictures. We wanted to make the root beer float cookies (that picture is sole reason I purchased this book), but root beer extract was out of stock at my grocery store. Well that is my mission next weekend to track some down and spend another joyful Sunday baking! If you are considering getting this book, do yourself and your family a favor and do it. With the holidays around the corner you will be glad you did! Thanks to Kelly Peloza for writing this book!
on December 8, 2010
Thank you, Kelly for this wonderful cookbook. I am allergic to eggs and I have been trying vegan recipes. I have made the soft chewy ginger cookies, soft peanut butter cookies and the pink lemonade cookies. All three recipes were great. All of the ingredients were in my kitchen, no special items. I would strongly recommend this cookbook! Well worth the money.
on December 27, 2010
I've made over sixty of these recipes so far and since I shouldn't eat that many my workplace has been basking in a sugar-y glow. The almond kisses are wonderful, the faux thin mints wowed the staunchest anti-vegan, the orange cream bars disappeared (one recipe I hoard for myself), the snickerdoodles won over my now boyfriend, heck I've even used the sugar cookies in baking demonstrations and had people begging me where I got the recipe. This is my go-to book for cookies. Oh and by far my favorite cookie in the world is the sticky date and apple bars. They ship well too for all those lonesome vegans that don't have this book yet.
on November 7, 2010
Kelly Peloza proves that delicious and vegan aren't contradictory terms when it comes to creating cookies! Her vision of sugarplums are those without dairy milk, eggs or hydrogenated oils.
We were amazed at the range of vegan possibilities when it comes to cookie recipes, from Peanut Butter Cup cookies and Chocolate Marzipan Ravioli to Mocha Biscotti and Coconut Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies.
Gorgeous close-ups of the finished products look good enough to eat, so imagine how the real deal will taste. We predict Kelly Peloza is a name to watch in the world of vegan cooking and recipes.
on November 14, 2010
Okay so I've only made 4 of the recipes so far but I'm in love. This is the 5th Vegan cookie cookbook I've purchased and the only one that even comes close is "Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar." Kelly's book has more scope, it is amazingly professional and has the best index in a Vegan book I've seen in quite some time. I've made some of these recipes gluten free and others with regular flour. I just got done baking some Oatmeal Raisin as they are my husband's favorite. That would be the very picky, very non-Vegan husband who is always criticizing new recipes. He ended up baking some himself because I only made a trayful and refrigerated the rest of the dough. I'd say he was a convert. I think my search for the perfect Vegan cookie book is over. Thanks Kelly you're my cookie baking hero, uh heroine? super hero? anyway my advise is to BUY THIS BOOK!
on January 12, 2016
I have made a few of the more unique recipes from this book (Pina Colada bars for one!) and I am sooo happy I got this book! I was tired of the more typical cookies in my other cookbooks. I wanted something more special. And this book hasn't let me down yet!
on February 24, 2014
I needed a cookie platter for a special event and of course wanted to showcase how wonderful vegan baking can be. I made the oatmeal cream pies, ginger snaps, peanut butter chocolate chips, cranberry almond, and dark chocolate truffle cookies. Every recipe came out perfect and the cookies were a big hit. Looking forward to making more recipes from this lovely little book.
on January 20, 2013
Vegans are not immune to snack attacks, and I do love a good cookie. Thankfully all of my favorites are here, plus many many more that are certain to also become favorites. There are your basic chocolate chip, peanut butter and oatmeal cookies, elegant cookies for parties, filled cookies, pressed cookies I am a confident cook, and I have done a lot of baking, but I was not very confident of my abilities when it came to vegan baking. No worries here! I recommend that every new vegan find a good vegan baking cookbook to add to their collection, as baking is an exact science, and someone else has already done the tasting and testing for you, you don't have to worry if you've calculated the egg and dairy alternatives properly.
on May 26, 2016
This book revolutionizes people's ideas of veganism and baking in general. The greatly overrated egg, the unnecessary milk, the overpriced and unhealthy butter, none are essential for MIND BLOWING cookies.

My coworkers live when I bring a batch even though it hurts their fitness goals.

Pro tip not included in the book: letting your dough rest for 12-24 hrs in the fridge (sealed in a tuppy or wrapped in plastic) will GREATLY enhance the flavor and depth of your cookies.
on December 8, 2015
This is my favorite cookbook! I have about a dozen cookbooks that hide in a cabinet above my fridge and never come out. This book is constantly out! There are many reasons I love this book.
1) The ingredients are always ingredients I have. If I'm in the mood for baking, I can open this and find dozens of recipes to try without having to go to the store.
2) The recipes make the right amount of cookies, about one to two dozen. How many chocolate chip cookie recipes make five dozen cookies? Practically all other recipes, and nobody needs that many cookies. These recipes are sized right.
3) No eggs and no butter! That means that I can eat as much cookie dough as I want. Mmmmmmmm.
4) The author writes with flare. She's funny. She's practical.
5) The recipes are practical. A beginner could bake with these recipes.
6) The author has clearly put a lot of time and creativity into these recipes. Just about any cookie or cookie-like dessert you could want is in this book.
As a side note, I've won office cookie competitions with her cookies, and people always marvel that they're vegan. They cookies are sooooo good! Lastly, I am not a vegan. I could make any cookies I want, and load them down with eggs and butter. Nonetheless, I still prefer these recipes.