5.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginner vegetarians
Published on July 22, 2007 by Jessica

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Natural
I purchased this book after having the Juicing Bible. I loved how Crocker uses all natural and fresh ingredients and how she corresponded certain ailments with beverages.

I assumed the Vegetarian Bible would be the same. It was not.

Published on December 10, 2008 by J. Christy

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginner vegetarians, July 22, 2007
This review is from: The Vegetarian Cook's Bible (Paperback)
This is a great book for people who are wanting to go vegetarian, but are unsure on how. The beginning starts off going through each of the major systems of the body and how eating healthy helps your body function best. It also goes through all fruits, vegetables, and grains and tells you what is good about each one and what to be cautious of with serving size. These are the important things people who want to be healthy should know whether you are a vegetarian or not. The remainder of the book is filled with recipes. No pictures of recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars you get a lot of recipes for your money, April 28, 2009
This review is from: The Vegetarian Cook's Bible (Paperback)
...not "exotic" recipes that some books intend to showcase, but rather one step above ordinary, everyday food -- a weeknight dinner done just a bit better than you might expect. I just looked through the book and found myself thinking that there are many recipes that call for common ingredients that I might already have (and for which I could easily use leftovers in other dishes). There are not a lot of photos -- perhaps 8 or 12 -- but I'd rather pay the reasonable price that this book sells for than pay more for a book with a lot of photos. This is the sort of cookbook that I would not just peruse and think it might be nice to make this or that someday, but rather a practical sort of cookbook from which I will likely choose tomorrow's dinner.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Natural, December 10, 2008
This review is from: The Vegetarian Cook's Bible (Paperback)

I assumed the Vegetarian Bible would be the same. It was not.

I was disappointed to read how she took shortcuts and used canned foods and a lot of other processed foods in her recipes. And there were very few pictures in the book.

If you are looking for all natural, whole food vegetarian cooking...this is not the recipe book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, June 9, 2014
This review is from: The Vegetarian Cook's Bible (Paperback)
For those of us tiptoeing on the edge of vegetarianism, this is the book to buy. It is informative, clear to understand, great recipes and fabulous tips for those of us meat eaters to help us to start to shift over. Also, it's just a wonderful addition to anyone's library of cookbooks, meat eater or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, October 2, 2013
This review is from: The Vegetarian Cook's Bible (Paperback)
My family loves this book. There is stuff in there that everybody loves. It was a great purchase. Love it

5.0 out of 5 stars New regime, July 6, 2013
This review is from: The Vegetarian Cook's Bible (Paperback)
This is a handy book, with easy recipes, also easy to revise and helpful information as what vegetables are good for certain ailments, etc

3.0 out of 5 stars Book Review - The Vegetarian Cook's Bible, February 24, 2013
Candace Neeley (Redding, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Vegetarian Cook's Bible (Paperback)
Love the educational format in the front of the book. However, I am not a true vegetarian, and am only attempting to eat more wisely, and thus some of the recipes are a bit too far out there for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Was hoping there were more fresh veggie recipes, January 30, 2012
This review is from: The Vegetarian Cook's Bible (Paperback)
The recipes are an overall good selection. I was just disapointed that many of the recipes called for canned vegetables. I was hoping to find more recipes for fresh vegetables. The book was laid out well with appetizers, main dishes, desserts, etc. It was easy to look through and find recipes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alright, but not the best, June 19, 2010
This review is from: The Vegetarian Cook's Bible (Paperback)
It is a decent cookbook, but there are not a lot of pictures (I am a very visual person) and I did not like some of the recipes (I admit I haven't tried most) Some of the recipes I have tried are decent, but not considered personal staples.

The Vegetarian Cook's Bible
The Vegetarian Cook's Bible by Pat Crocker (Paperback - May 18, 2007)
$24.95 $17.31