Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Very Best of Roger Whittaker
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 21, 2007
Finding a collection of Roger Whitaker's original hits is tough to find today. I've made the mistake of buying other compilations that were remade hits. That is not the case with this cd. These are the original recordings. The sound quality is very good as is the selection. If you want the real deal, this is the one to buy.
on February 13, 2010
If you like Whittaker you will find this enjoyable, I have all of this on vinyl but hardly ever dig them out to listen to them. Most of his best known songs are on this CD not all of them the original release version but still well done. I really enjoy his voice and this is a first quality release.
on February 7, 2007
Having attended several of Rogers concerts in the past we have become dyed in the wool Roger Whitaker fans. We purchased the CD to replace some of the tapes that we have worn out. We play the cd in the car as we do our erands and we love it
VINE VOICEon October 12, 2012
This is the first album I've ever had by Roger Whittaker and I'm so happy that I decided to get this CD of these original recordings. These are not remakes, and the songs sound good but not as if they were digitally remastered. Hopefully some day they will do digital remastering from the original master tapes.

Roger has a mellow laid back style and this CD has his old favorites like 'Durham Town', 'The Last Farewell', 'New World In The Morning' and 'Streets Of London'. It is so great to hear these again after many years. He also does nice renditions of songs made popular by others that are also great to hear again, like:

'A Taste Of Honey' - The Beatles
'He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother' - The Hollies
'Good Morning Starshine' - Oliver, from the play 'Hair'
'By The Time I Get To Phoenix' - Glen Campbell
'From Both Sides Now' - Joni Mitchell

All songs are nicely done and the sound quality of this CD is good. These will bring back many memories for a lot of people, and I highly recommend this CD for anyone who enjoys this type of music.
on June 29, 2016
I recently purchased this Wonderful Album ”The Very Best of Roger Whittaker” (Import) on CD, ..and I am very pleased with it!

I bought this CD.. because I have been searching (seemingly for a while now) for several of Mr. Whittaker's earlier recordings of his music.

And this Album includes many of the songs on it that have been hoping to find!

The sound quality of the tracks is Excellent. And the songs found here, do indeed seem to be the original recordings.. so I am incredibly Happy!

It is really nice to have finally have several of the older recordings which Mr. Whittaker made years ago. Delightful versions of his songs.. which do not appear to be available for digital download anywhere!

I think perhaps my favorite song from this Album would be the track ”From Both Sides Now".. but then honestly all of the songs here are Fantastic!
on May 2, 2011
Description did not include listing of songs on CD. Contacted Amazon and was told it should have same songs as other CD by same title (18 songs) but that I should contact seller. Wanted quick delivery so I went ahead and ordered. It only had 10 songs vs 18 on other CD by same title. The 10 songs only included 3 of my favorites so I will have to order at least one more CD. I kept it since quality is supposed to be better than others - haven't ordered the other one(s) yet so I can't compare. Low score is based strictly on lack of adequate description.
on August 12, 2015
Roger Whittaker is a spectacularly great singer. He renders songs in such a manner that you feel compelled to pay attention and study the music and words to fully understand what he is saying to you and what the meaning of the song really is. It is very comfortable music.
on March 1, 2016
I learned to love Roger Wittaker’s voice and his arrangements of the songs he sings decades ago. I even took my Dad (who I believe introduced me to him) to see him live. Roger was on stage, sitting in a chair and said “Who the hell is Roger Wittaker?”
This CD has all the great songs and a few more that I was unfamiliar with, but really like and a couple that, not so much. I give it 4 stars for content and clarity, but the recordings are boot exactly the same as I remember from the old LP’s. They are good, but ever so slightly faster and not as deep and rich. I would add that they are probably the same recordings except the mastering and format is different, which means if you have pitch control and an equalizer, you can get around it and enhance it to taste.
Roger Whittaker is one of the outstanding voices of 20th century recorded music. He doesn't have a long string of original hits, but if you like good singing you can't help but enjoy anything he applies his considerable talents to.

That said, I enjoy his original (even if lesser known) songs the best. While many of those are on this CD, so are a number of highly produced covers that I don't enjoy quite as much, and that's the reason I hold back one star.

Otherwise, the production quality of the music on this CD is outstanding. Whittaker's full, rich voice is front and center, as is his whistling. ;-)

Recommended
on March 29, 2016
Listening to this album is a trip down memory lane, as I grew up when Roger Whittaker was immensely popular in Europe. One of my mother's favorite artists, I rediscovered Whittaker's music recently. Relaxing, non-pretentious and truly enjoyable.