‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Sparkly for all the right reasons, May 16, 2012
This review is from: The Very Fairy Princess: Here Comes the Flower Girl! (Hardcover)
Written by the mother-daughter team of Julie Andrews and Emma Walton Hamilton, this follow-up to "The Very Fairy Princess" and "The Very Fairy Princess Takes the Stage" is lots of fun. The idea of sharing a sparkle through actions instead of things is spot on for young readers.

Christine Davenier's whimsical illustrations really bring the story to life -- I love the energetic leaps and twirls depicted as Gerry practices "walking" down the aisle. And Gerry's enthusiasm is contagious. You can't help but smile as you follow her adventures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Celebrate your inner sparkle, May 1, 2012
As a huge Julie Andrews fan I tend to love all her books as much as my young children. I bought this book the day it came out and was lucky enough to meet Julie and Emma on April 17th, right before National Princess Week. They a generous and kind, to both their old and young fans... which is always nice to see. This series is one of favorites since it teaches children, and maybe adults as well, to follow their dreams and that we all have that little something that makes us special.

Well worth it to buy all The Very Fairy Princess books. She is very much this generations Eloise. Which is another favorite in our house, but unlike the Eloise books these books have a wonderful message for readers of all ages. I've bought copies for lots of little girls we know and everyone (kids and parents) was enchanted by them I am happy to say. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Very Fairy Princess, May 26, 2012
The book is very good, it captured my three and six year old grand daughter's attention. I had ordered two of the "Princess" books written by the same authors so each grand daughter had one to call her own. They both slept with the books under their pillow the first night we read the books to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable, May 24, 2012
This book was the perfect gift for my two nieces (ages 3 and 6) who were my flower girls recently. They're super girly girls, and the illustrations and glittery cover of the book jacket are adorable. The story is great, and has a lovely moral. Highly recommended for little girls!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner, April 30, 2012
Our 2 year old loves the first two Very Fairy Princess books so buying this one was a no brainer. As soon as she saw it her face lit up and she yelled "a new Julie book!" (my husband and I are both huge Julie Andrews fans).
All 3 of the books are great. We've read them all a million times and instead of trying to hide them from her like we do with so many other books after the umpteenth time we've read them, we're always happy to read these. The stories are fun, illustrations beautiful and we love the message about letting your inner sparkle shine.
Great for all the Fairy Princesses in your life....no matter how old!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book for my 4 yr old, October 29, 2013
While I don't love this book as much as the first Very Fairy Princess book, it's still great and we read it often. I like how Geraldine is portrayed as a normal little girl, and not as a traditional princess preening in the mirror and waiting for her handsome prince.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good series of books by Julie Andrews and her daughter, October 26, 2013
These are nice books written for 5-9 year old level to be read to or with. It's not a home run, but it's a really good book series.

4.0 out of 5 stars cute!, June 26, 2013
Geraldine is a fairy princess! She is thrilled when her aunt asks her to be the flower girl in her wedding until she finds out that it's not the type of wedding she expected.. She does everything she can to add a little sparkle to the day and to make her aunt's wedding perfect!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift, June 23, 2014
My granddaughter has enjoyed "The Very Fairy Princess" stories. This was perfect for her since she had just been a flower girl in a relative's wedding.

5.0 out of 5 stars For your Princess!, August 18, 2013
Very fun book that I purchased for my 6 year old granddaughter. She loved it and we read it often. The illustrations are great!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Very Fairy Princess: Here Comes the Flower Girl!
The Very Fairy Princess: Here Comes the Flower Girl! by Julie Andrews (Hardcover - April 17, 2012)
$16.99 $13.47