Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Very Fairy Princess: Here Comes the Flower Girl!
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

86%
14%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on May 1, 2012
As a huge Julie Andrews fan I tend to love all her books as much as my young children. I bought this book the day it came out and was lucky enough to meet Julie and Emma on April 17th, right before National Princess Week. They a generous and kind, to both their old and young fans... which is always nice to see. This series is one of favorites since it teaches children, and maybe adults as well, to follow their dreams and that we all have that little something that makes us special.

Well worth it to buy all The Very Fairy Princess books. She is very much this generations Eloise. Which is another favorite in our house, but unlike the Eloise books these books have a wonderful message for readers of all ages. I've bought copies for lots of little girls we know and everyone (kids and parents) was enchanted by them I am happy to say. :)
Written by the mother-daughter team of Julie Andrews and Emma Walton Hamilton, this follow-up to "The Very Fairy Princess" and "The Very Fairy Princess Takes the Stage" is lots of fun. The idea of sharing a sparkle through actions instead of things is spot on for young readers.

Christine Davenier's whimsical illustrations really bring the story to life -- I love the energetic leaps and twirls depicted as Gerry practices "walking" down the aisle. And Gerry's enthusiasm is contagious. You can't help but smile as you follow her adventures.
on June 26, 2013
Geraldine is a fairy princess! She is thrilled when her aunt asks her to be the flower girl in her wedding until she finds out that it's not the type of wedding she expected.. She does everything she can to add a little sparkle to the day and to make her aunt's wedding perfect!
on May 26, 2012
The book is very good, it captured my three and six year old grand daughter's attention. I had ordered two of the "Princess" books written by the same authors so each grand daughter had one to call her own. They both slept with the books under their pillow the first night we read the books to them.
on October 29, 2013
While I don't love this book as much as the first Very Fairy Princess book, it's still great and we read it often. I like how Geraldine is portrayed as a normal little girl, and not as a traditional princess preening in the mirror and waiting for her handsome prince.
on April 30, 2012
Our 2 year old loves the first two Very Fairy Princess books so buying this one was a no brainer. As soon as she saw it her face lit up and she yelled "a new Julie book!" (my husband and I are both huge Julie Andrews fans).
All 3 of the books are great. We've read them all a million times and instead of trying to hide them from her like we do with so many other books after the umpteenth time we've read them, we're always happy to read these. The stories are fun, illustrations beautiful and we love the message about letting your inner sparkle shine.
Great for all the Fairy Princesses in your life....no matter how old!
on November 23, 2012
As with all of the books by these two authors, this is another that made my day! I can identify with Geraldine because I too, was a tom boy. The story gives details about a little girl who knows she is a fairy princess in her heart but enjoys life doing what she enjoys best, being an active girl. Life is so much like that of Geraldine, and since many little girls these days love princesses, this is the ideal story for them. One can be what she wants to be, and imagination has much to do with it.

I love the book, and it is a joy to share it with children who love to listen to someone read. I usually buy extras to give as gifts. Wish it were available in Spanish since my youngest granddaughter does not speak English.
on May 24, 2012
This book was the perfect gift for my two nieces (ages 3 and 6) who were my flower girls recently. They're super girly girls, and the illustrations and glittery cover of the book jacket are adorable. The story is great, and has a lovely moral. Highly recommended for little girls!
on December 5, 2012
I recently purchased this for my daughter whom was going to be Flower Girl for her Dad and I's wedding. She loved it. Little girls are always excited when it comes to being Flower Girl and this is a great choice for one as a gift or in advance to keep the excitement flowing.
on July 20, 2012
lOVE THIS BOOK! THE STORY IS CHARMING AND FUN - SHOULD APPEAL TO BOTH CHILDREN AND ADULTS - AND THE ILLUSTRATIONS FIT THE STORY PERFECTLY; I COULD READ IT MANY TIMES OVER AND STILL CHUCKLE AT IT. I'M 68 YRS. OLD AND BOUGHT ONE FOR MY GRANDDAUGHTER, THEN DECIDED I NEEDED ONE FOR MYSELF, TO SHARE WITH YOUNG PEOPLE WHO VISIT.