Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on June 13, 2005
If you have an accounting background and need a quick reference guide to refresh your memories, this is a great book. The authors also provide practical tips in boxes to remind you what to watch out for in particular circumstances. In a nutshell, it basically cramps a few years worth of accounting courses into one very compact book.

For those of you who do not have an accounting background, this book will not be for you since it does not go into any great length to explain any accounting concepts. It basically assume you already know your stuff and simply needs a refresher.
on March 20, 2007
This is really a great book for CPA exam. All the important accounting materials are covered in the book, and the wording is easy to understand. The part I like the most is that it has examples for each topic. I think it is a must have book for people who want to take the CPA exam. The book is not heavy, so you can carry it anywhere you want to go.
on April 22, 2005
The Vest Pocket CPA is a concise and comprehensive guide that provides a quick reference for executives and accountants. The reference is updated for the recent changes instituted by the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board and the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Its question and answer format provides an indispensable aid and its examples add clarity to complex accounting issues. I found this book to be enjoyable. It is an easy reading book.
on April 11, 2005
The Vest Pocket CPA is a superbly written and easy to use quick reference tool. It addresses the common issues which a CPA or CFO might encounter in the ordinary course of a working day. It contains timely material and is a valuable addition to any accounting/auditing library. I liked it when I first obtained it, and find myself using it more than I thought I would.
on May 30, 2012
I don't think I will be carrying this book around in my vest pocket anytime soon as it's taller than 8 inches and is quite hefty. With that said, I didn't purchase this book for its size. This is the third book I've purchased from Wiley and I have been satisfied with each one. The content is well organized and presented in a user friendly manner. Not only is the material presented well but it is usually followed by realistic examples. This is the only CPA reference guide I've owned and read so I am unable to review its content in comparison to the competition, but it has yet to fail me.
on June 28, 2012
This is an excellent resource not only for practicing CPAs but it is also extremely useful to students of accounting. The book addresses many of the questions that first come to mind when studying particular themes and offers guidance as to the best way that a competent CPA should approach the various situations.

It is easy to follow and reader-friendly. It may seem like a little book, but it is actually packed with information that is not only useful but also interesting to learn.

I highly recommend this book as well as the other series.
on July 30, 2005
For those people who need a library of accounting in the hand , this is the best purchase that could be make
on May 10, 2010
I purchased this text for two reasons. The first was having previous experience with Dr. Shim's work, and finding it very useful. The second was that I was enrolled in an advanced auditing class for my MS in Accounting. This book proved to be instrumental in my development and understanding of the topics covered in class. The only drawback is that it should be updated, or should have an online version, to provide information on new rules and how they apply (e.g. SAS 115).
on June 4, 2015