1,391 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars I need a new belt!!!
Most of the people I know could lose a little weight. I know I'm among the "most people." We want to, we know the traditional ways that we "SHOULD" eat and exercise, BUT... something gets in the way. So we carry that weight, a little more each year. Another promise made - and broken - each year.

And then, I heard JJ Virgin talk about the 7 foods that cause...
Published 24 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Is It Really All FI?
As many readers are aware, the food intolerance and elimination diet ideas have been around for a very long time. This book is a decent synthesis of that tradition, but the author's many statements of certainty leave me cold.

I am a physiologist working in the field of adult metabolic dysfunction, and I agree with her that diet is the cause of pretty much all...
Published 14 months ago by JerzeyBird

‹ Previous | 132 33 34140 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and intuitive sections - information is even more cutting ..., August 24, 2014
Easy and intuitive sections - information is even more cutting edge than many "enlightened" doctors have today. Months of pain and diarrhea, many expensive tests, and the doctor's shrugged their shoulders. No one suspected food intolerance. 2 days without eggs or peanuts and adding fiber to my daily routine, no more pain or diarrhea! Bless you J.J. Virgin.

5.0 out of 5 stars SO HAPPY, June 15, 2014
This book is awesome. Every thing JJ says is spot on. I have lost over 20 pounds and have an abundance of energy. And now two months in my taste buds have come alive. Everything taste so good. Thanks JJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Virgin Diet Worked For Me, June 1, 2014
I have to admit that I didn't read the book - I bought it just in case, but I pretty much figured out everything I needed to know about the diet through JJ's website. I didn't really discover any food intolerances per say, but I did lose quite a bit of weight and have tried to stick with the main elements of the diet in my daily life just to stay healthy. I gained 40+ pounds with my first child and combining The Virgin Diet with daily (6/week) HIIT routines got me back down to my pre-baby weight within 5-6 months (and I only stuck with the essential Virgin Diet plan for six weeks). It was enough to definitely get me kick started. I didn't buy any of JJ's products, and I just looked up free HIIT routines online (try Bikini Body Mommy) after I figured out what JJ's exercise routines were like. I found a shake on Amazon that is almost identical to her shakes and I would just add ground chia seeds to it each morning (Sun Warrior). I had more energy with this diet and really liked the fact that I didn't have to count calories. Believe me when I say I have tried ALL types of diets out there, including raw foods, juice cleanses, paleo, etc., and none worked for me like this diet; it was easier to stick to because I wanted to make sure I didn't accidentally eat one of the seven intolerant foods before the re-introduction week(s) just in case I did discover an intolerance. I've been trying to convince my parents to try it, but my mom is completely intimated. I would just look for recipes on Pinterest that were gluten-free, dairy-free and try to make a weekly meal plan so I knew what to buy from the store (mostly fresh produce, grass-fed meats, and some rice and brown rice pasta). It is also really easy to find recipes where you can omit certain ingredients (like using flax seed eggs instead of real eggs in meatballs, etc). If you've tried paleo, this diet will be really easy for you to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars losing weight, May 22, 2014
got to read. this seems to be the hardest diet to do but the results make it all worth it. quick health results.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book with recipes, May 19, 2014
If you do what books says you will lose weight and havea healthly stomach. i love the shakes i replace two meals with a shake

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, informative, and encouraging, May 13, 2014
As a person who was diagnoised with Leaky Gut syndrome, this book was a great companion to the materials I already had. I specifically know which foods I have a sensitivity to due to really expensive blood tests, days of mouth swobing, and days of bowel samples. You can avoid of those costs (thousands) by simply following JJ Virgins suggestions in this book. If you have spent years trying to lose weight and dieting and nothing has happened, you have an undiagnoised food allergy! A general physican won't help much in that area. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you've tried absolutely everything to feel better and failed... Read this book!!, May 11, 2014
Excellent book with advise that really works. Have recommended book to family friends and strangers. I even ordered a copy translated in Italian for my mother.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, May 5, 2014
Peells (California) - See all my reviews
This really works even if you just cut out some of the items she talks about like sugar and dairy these two are huge for me anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, April 30, 2014
I am super woman I have so much energy. And I did lose the 7 foods in the first week. I'm down 10 and don't miss any of the foods I cut out.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great change for my body, April 26, 2014
I saw a presentation from JJ on PBS and wanted to read more about this way of eating. I have dieted all my life...60+..When I eliminated the 7 foods from my eating patterns, I experienced great changes...pain and cravings are gone...Didn't happen for me in 7 days....Have not lost any pounds...but I feel so much better....guess I might have to live with this weight!!! This way of eating has been a good change for me. Would recommend this change for people in a lot of "undiagnosed" pain....

‹ Previous | 132 33 34140 | Next ›

The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days
The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days by J. J. Virgin (MP3 CD - November 27, 2012)
$29.99 $23.31