Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on November 22, 2011
I'm so disappointed in the Kindle version of the VA Pilot! I read the newspaper for news and information, but just as importantly I like to be entertained and plan activities!
But the e-newspaper is bare bones. I do not think it is worth $7.99! So, do I continue to pay almost $50 a month for the paper version or try the online version which also does not have my comics!
44 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2012
Just wondering why subscribers to the print edition can use the ipad app for free but kindle users have no such option. Too bad. I still like getting a morning paper but would like this option as well.
on April 3, 2016
I just bought today's Sunday paper at the convenience store because the Pilot again failed to deliver the Kindle version. When I clicked on my "new" version of the paper, it delivered yesterday's. Problems with delivery happen 3 or 4 times a month. The Pilot hasn't been as high quality a paper since a big staff cut which included some good reporters. And we no longer get the Friday and Sunday local inserts like the Chesapeake Clipper. If I have to buy many more print editions due to delivery failure I will cancel my subscription. Barely worth $7.99 a month as is.
on January 1, 2014
I would do see all of the newspaper! Where are the funnies and the pictures and the front page head lines. For now this version is not a good representation of the Pilot that I have known all of my life. There should be an index for quickly finding articles.
on March 10, 2013
The Virginian-Pilot (Kindle Edition)
I like my Kindle Fire Tablet so far, but there are no comics listed in the contents page; therefore I cant access the Virginian Pilot Comics sections, why? When will this dissapointment be fixed? Note: The comics section is on the Virginian Pilot epilot.
on January 1, 2012
My hometown paper, and a good one. As always the letters to the editor are a cut above, and well worth reading. I cancelled when they stopped putting obituaries in the Kindle version. Maybe I'll rise above it. For non-natives, a good insight into a defense-dependent economy.
on March 21, 2014
At least four times a month, if not more, this newspaper skips days. It doesn't show up at all...and I miss the news completely. What news I do get is sketchy at best. Im desperate for news from my hometown, So this is all that is available to me. But I am definitely not getting what I paid for!
on May 10, 2011
This is a wonderful product! Easy to navigate and great graphics! My paper comes to life! Now if I don't have time to read through the full printed version at home in the morning I know that I will have it with me all day and can catch up on the rest of the news on my time at my leisure. I love it! Thank You Pilot!
on September 22, 2014
not enough info on the kindle .not like reading the real paper.
on August 31, 2015
It gives me the main news concicly