- Take an Extra 30% Off Any Book: Use promo code HOLIDAY30 at checkout to get an extra 30% off any book for a limited time. Excludes Kindle eBooks and Audible Audiobooks. Restrictions apply. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
"The Visual Effects Producer is absolutely essential reading! Finance and Zwerman cover every aspect of producing visual effects in a clear and concise manner that will inform novices and industry veterans alike."
- Gale Anne Hurd, Producer (The Incredible Hulk, Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Aliens)
"This indispensable resource for VFX producers (and would-be VFX producers) is not only user friendly but jam packed with the information and techniques you'd otherwise have to learn the hard, painful and expensive way!"
- Jeffrey A. Okun, VFX Supervisor (The Day the Earth Stood Still, Blood Diamond, The Last Samurai)
"A must read for all filmmakers and aspiring filmmakers. The authors have combined wisdom and practicality to produce an extraordinary book that explains the business of producing VFX without losing sight of the art and magic."
- Yudi Bennett, Member of DGA and Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences; Frank Capra Award Recipient
(StarTrek Generations, Pleasantville)
Go behind the scene of the behind the scenes to learn how the business of producing the dazzling visual effects we see in movies and on TV works. With decades of combined VFX production and supervisory experience in Hollywood, the authors share their experience with you, illuminating standard industry practices and tips on:
* preproduction planning * scheduling * budgeting * evaluating vendors and the bidding process * effective data management * working on-set, off-set, or overseas * dealing with changes in post-production * legal issues (contracts, insurance, business ethics), and more
Also included are interviews with established, successful Hollywood VFX producers about their career paths and how they got to where they are now. From pre-production to final delivery, this is your complete guide to visual effects production, providing insight on VFX budgeting and scheduling (with actual forms for your own use) and common production techniques such as motion control, miniatures, and pre-visualization. Also included is a companion website with forms and documents for you to incorporate into your own VFX production workflows.
my professor recommend this book to me. It's really a good book for me. I learned a lot from this book.Published 5 days ago by Xinyue Cui
As the visual effects for feature film and commercials continues to expand in complexity, this book is an excellent companion not only for producers but for every artist and... Read morePublished 13 months ago by Garman H
Informative and essential in getting an overview of Visual Effects in today's movie business. The organization is user friendly and the explanations and referrals are a joy to... Read morePublished 19 months ago by Books N.Moore
A great source for anyone interested producing visual efx. This book takes you through the whole process. Great for beginners and anyone wanting to improve their skills.Published on January 18, 2010 by Adrienne Hamalian
Thanks to this incredibly enlightening book the art of Visual Effects Producing is finally revealed! Read morePublished on November 4, 2009 by Neviana Hristov