2,201 Reviews
 (1,743)

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised by how much I liked this.
I'm not much for zombie shows or movies of any kind. It's the human aspect of the show that drew me in. What they do, how they survive, the relationships that are made when the basic tenents of society as we know it have been broken down. I'd watch something like that even if there were no zombies. However, the zombies aspect of this show adds a wonderful scary...
Published on January 2, 2012 by Shan

2.0 out of 5 stars SNORE
Season 1 of this show was beautiful. Every episode, my stomach was knotted up with the question, "Who is going to get eaten?" Nowhere was truly safe, even the camp was eventually overrun, and people died. It was frightening and I couldn't stop watching.

Season 2 is a snoozefest focused on character development and emotional drama. "Im pregnant dont tell"...
Published on November 21, 2011 by Captain Boring

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Angels Review, March 12, 2012
Jumpmaster6 (Fort Bragg, NC) - See all my reviews
Finally I think we are seeing what Dr. Jenner was telling Rick back at the CDC. The virus has now mutated into a non-blood borne pathogen. This has nothing to do with the weapon being used with some sort of residual residue on it like when Rick is forced to stab Shane. If you remember, Shane broke the neck of the captured gunman, and he turned into a walker also, without any bites or scratches, just like at the public works facility and the two security guards. The look that Rick gave when he saw the two security guards reflected a look of "of course...I knew that".. He also gave the same look when confronted with seeing Shane become a walker as well. This is telling that perhaps the virus has now become an airborne virus, and no longer requires blood contact, like the avian and swine flu virus became. If this is the case, then the risk is even higher now. Anyone who came close to a walker and had them breathe into their face may now become a walker. At the public works facility, Rick had three walkers on top of him breathing into his face also. It will be interesting to see what happens next.

The captured gunman told Shane that the camp he came from was 5 miles up the road. With all of the shooting going on around the farm, the people at that camp have to know that somewhere in the vicinity of this farm there are other people. This is going to bring the group of thirty to the farm for a huge showdown soon. Being in the Army for over 25 years, I can tell you that 5 miles is nothing when it comes to hearing a gunshot, especially alot of them. I would not put it past the director of the walking dead to have the group of thirty's leader none other than Merle, Darryl's brother.

So, we have three threats now... The group of walkers coming across the field to the farm, The group of thirty, and the possible airborne virus confronting them. Everyone is at risk. So, this leads me to a very, very disturbing subject...

Will Lori have her child as the first hybrid walker? Will the possible airborne threat enter through her bloodstream and create a baby who has already been infected as a walker? How is that for a WTF for you?

5.0 out of 5 stars The finale delivers and promises a turbo-charged Season 3, March 20, 2012
Already establishing itself as one of the best written and produced shows on TV, The Walking Dead ended Season 2 in fine form with a tour de force of gripping action sequences, dramatic set pieces and most importantly the final move from the farm to the prison.

Rick finally drops his nice-guy-mister-policeman routine and tells everyone to put up or shut up, squarely setting the tone for what lies ahead. A couple of major characters meet their demise and overall it feels like the cast has been resharpened to eliminate the less interesting characters and enable the more engaging ones to take up more screen time.

Personally, I couldn't have hoped for a better finale. This season at times became stuck at the farm and wallowed in the Rick-Shane love triangle story - the finale put these issues behind us and showed that the writers have plenty more material ahead.

4.0 out of 5 stars What I Expected, November 14, 2011
DowntownSF (san francisco) - See all my reviews
If you read the comics then you pretty much expected a few slow episodes to set things up. I understand why people want to see more zombies, but I also understand why the writers are only giving us a couple at a time. If every week we watched a zombie army attack the camp we would all become numb to it and when the story called for an epic zombie bloodbath it would just be another drop in the bucket.
The thing that surprises me the most about all of these episodes is how closely they follow the comics. I expected the writers to go where ever they wanted but they're staying pretty true to the original story. So as a fan of the comic I couldn't be happier watching the comic being brought to life for TV. Before the late 90's any comic to TV or Movie adaptation was pure garbage and rarely even attempted. I guess that's why I think this show is so great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suprising, November 2, 2011
I was hesitant at first to start watching this show. I have heard good things about it, but sometimes good shows get off track i.e., "Lost" or "The X-files". Plus, I only have so much time and another tv show to watch seemed too much. What a mistake! This show is good. The production values are very high. Good cinematography. The plot line is similiar to any zombie apocalypse movie but that isn't what makes this show. They work very hard to build up the suspense and I find myself curled up on the couch yelling "don't do it, don't do it" only to find that it wasn't a zombie about to eat someone after all. This show, for those who look beyond the zombie premise, will find real, deep, and well thought out moral juxtapositions and what would you do questions. The characters are well thought out and developed and it makes it really difficult at times to guess who if anyone will die and hard to "lose" someone. A very well thought out show. Give it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bada$$ Episode and Pretty Strong Beginning for Season 2, November 23, 2011
*Episode Spoilers*

I love this episode through and through: the danger lurking in every corner, the eeriness of the deserted landscape, the road-block and the cars, the herds of zombies. The imminent danger and terror were palpable at every moment, perfectly conveying that mood of terror and desolation. The herd scene was very intense and almost difficult to watch as i felt so drawn it, it was like i was there with them, being scared to death that one of the walkers might bend down, see them and take a bite. It was pure terror. I like how the episodes (Season 1 until now) go from delightfully scary to unexpectedly terrifying about half-way through. The scene where Andrea is still in the RV playing with her gun when the walkers are right outside and the little delay until she discovers them but it is too late and she is trapped inside: perfection. So intense. I was dying watching her locked up in the small restroom and the walker right outside. If only all episodes in this season were like that.

What did bother me was all the men deciding that the little women shouldnt get any guns in a world overrun by zombies and where a walker seems to be waiting at every turn. That was ridiculous and pretty sexist and short sighted. I also couldnt believe that the kids were allowed to just roam around as they pleased and how Carl was allowed to go on the search for Sophia; in fact that entire scene where he asks for permission and Lori gets all "cutsie" about it - as if she was debating whether she should let him go camping tonight and not as if she was juts about ot send her 10 year old into the woods filled with zombies - seemed ridiculous.

I did like how Andrea eventually confronted Dale and accused him of having taken away her choice to die on her terms as opposed to being torn apart by drooling freaks. I had never thought about it that way but given their predicament it did make sense and as the audience it does make you wonder what you would choose if the world had come to an end and being scared and the race to stay alive where the only things to live for. Suddenly Dale stopped looking like a hero who saved her life. It was acted very believably because you see that moment of epiphany in Dale's face where it occurs to him for the first time that what he did wasnt selfless deserving gratitude, but in fact quite selfish. That is the kind of strong dialog and exchange I expect to see throughout this season.

Altogether I think this was one bada$$ episode from start to finish and I am so disappointed that the subsequent episodes of this season have failed in that regard and that we have gone essentially from a fantastic season premiere filled with all the amazing elements that made Season 1 excel to one that looks like an empty balloon you let all the air out of and that is sort of just sitting around deflated. This is how I see the subsequent episodes anyway - especially compared to Season 1 and the Season 2 premiere. Bring Darabont back and fire the new writers who seem to be coming from the daytime soap genre.

4.0 out of 5 stars Prepare for a Cliff Hanger and Slow Progression, October 17, 2011
K. Stoyanov (Winter Park, FL) - See all my reviews
Pretty good start for season 2. The plot progress is kind of slow though, lots of sluggish moments in this episode and a few random showers of drama out of no-where.

WARNING: this episode has a HUGE cliff hanger at the end so you might as well wait till the second episode comes out next week and watch them back to back. Had I known the cliffhanger was going to be this big I would have waited next week. Now it's going to be on my mind till next monday.

5.0 out of 5 stars "The Walking Dead"... an open ended finale that points to an intriguing season three, March 19, 2012
"The Walking Dead"... last nights finale for season two had some interesting moments.

1.) probably the greatest number of zombies in one show for the entire second season.

2.) loss of two more members of Hershel's family to the herd.

3.) Rick informs the group on the details of Shane's death and also tells them some stunning news regarding the Zombie virus... news he's known but withheld from them since they left the CDC center at the end of season one.

4.) a fast paced and harrowing ending... with the survivors just barely surviving and Laura being 'rescued/captured'. We are given brief glimpse at the very end as to what will probably be main locale for season three next fall.

5.) overall, great acting bringing a myriad of truly interesting characters to life.

6.) my only concern would be the soap opera quality of events that seem to be creeping into the latter shows.

Conclusion:
A great season finale and overall an incredible season two.
Best moment of the year... The 'barn' finale at the mid point of the season.

5 Stars

Ray Nicholson

5.0 out of 5 stars It IS about the characters, March 16, 2012
I hear a lot of complaints about the second season having turned into boring soap opera and not enough zombie actions. It is true to some extent that the start of the second season may seem slow and yes, in the first a few episodes, we only got to see a few zombies get whacked for "shock values". While I do agree there were fewer zombies than I hoped to see, this lacking in zombie actions in the first half of the second season are well made up for in the second half of the season. So do wait for it; you will get lots of zombies. Now about the show being boring because there is just bitching and moaning amongst survivors, I have to disagree. Although I did want to see more zombies, the conversations and dialogues did keep me enticed. They were not just bitching and moaning. They are studies into characters and their relationships which I find intriguing and captivating. The reason is that I do like and do relate to them and that makes me care about them. I think that in that sense, the show has done a good job, to have made me care enough to want to keep watching, because I want them to survive and keep surviving. Without the zombies physically appearing all the time, there are plenty of crises that will throw the survival of the group into jeopardy. For example, what if Hershel really tries to have all of them thrown out the farm? How will Rick handle the situation with wife, son, and unborn child's survival dependent on staying? It doesn't take much imagination the effect of unstable and explosive Shane thrown into the mix. The situation is still tense and tittering on disaster which is of course compounded by zombies laying siege. I am sure that even for those who are more about watching mindless whacking of zombies (eg Zombieland), if it wasn't for the survival of the characters, there would be no reason to watch the show.
In closing then, yes you will get more zombies later on but in the meantime, do have some patience to learn more about the characters; the wait will be worth it when real (I mean really real) crisis hit them on episode 12.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good twist, March 6, 2012
I still really like the show even though it's slowed down in pace from seaason one. It's kinda funny though that Rick as the leader has probably made more poor decisions that have killed people than the others. I can't belive Rick and Lori just let Carl roam around with no supervision as they do in this zombie world. I'm sure that their stay at the farm is coming to an end soon. I kinda hope they don't kill off Shane/Daryl since he and Daryl are the perfect fit for this type of world. T-dog might as well be 'offed since he has done absolutely nothing in season 2 and they haven't developed him as a character at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Awesome!!, February 13, 2012
Michael J. Schuhler (Kansas City, Missouri) - See all my reviews
This long awaited episode brought a lot to the table as far as development goes. We do not get much action here, however, we see some characters change or become more aware of the world in which they are surviving. Well done! As always, it leaves you wanting more at the end.

ARRAY(0xd8a43b20)

The Walking Dead: Season 2 [Blu-ray]
The Walking Dead: Season 2 [Blu-ray] by Andrew Lincoln (Blu-ray - 2012)
$69.99 $24.49