5.0 out of 5 stars No More Confusing Fall Warblers!
Published 19 months ago by NLF

3.0 out of 5 stars Much more information than I expected. For me, not good for field use.
This is undoubtedly the most detailed book on Warblers ever written. It has everything you ever wanted to know about these birds, and more. A wonderful addition to your birding library, but in my opinion not very useful in the field. Much more useful after you return home and are analyzing your notes.
Published 8 months ago by Frank Willingham

5.0 out of 5 stars No More Confusing Fall Warblers!, July 24, 2013
This review is from: The Warbler Guide (Kindle Edition)
The "confusion" began falling away by the time I reached the 50th page! By page 100 I had gained an entire toolbox to use in the field. Spring or fall, here in the eastern US, I feel confident about my ability to identify our warblers since studying this wonderful book. I was prepared for a very nice guide when I read the information available before publication. I was not prepared for the level of excellence I found when I actually had the publication in my hands (on Kindle!)
This book is so awesome that I also purchased a paper version of it! I can't think of any aspect of warbler identification it doesn't cover and the photography is unparalleled. I truly believe anyone interested in birds, especially getting to know/identify warblers in the US and Canada, will love this book!
When The Warbler Guide first came out in the Kindle edition, the page numbers were not included, making it impossible (or very difficult) to use the song supplement that is available for purchase. I contacted the authors and just today received notice that the pages are now included! (If you purchased the Kindle edition before today, you may need to delete it from your device and redownload it from your cloud to have the numbers display. If you are unsure how to do that, Amazon customer service will see you through.)

5.0 out of 5 stars THE Best Warbler Book, July 10, 2013
This review is from: The Warbler Guide (Flexibound)
Astonishing in its depth, beautiful in its presentation, this book is the best book published on warblers. It is quite enjoyable to read and leaf through. It is a thorough, comprehensive guide to identifying and appreciating warblers. I am now looking forward to the Fall Migration!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have ! Soon to become the benchmark for Warbler guides, July 15, 2013
This review is from: The Warbler Guide (Flexibound)
As a Warbler guide you need not look any further, this is the guide you need to have. The guide is beautifully put together with pictures,charts,diagrams and engaging text. This guide will become the warble guide that all other guides are measured by. I recommend purchasing The Warbler Guide Song and Call Companion: This companion file set for the book contains all of the vocalizations covered by the book, over 1,000 files, presented in the exact page-by-page order as they occur in the text. All of the songs and calls ofeach master species, as well as the comparison species, are presented in book order. All vocalizations in the Song and Chip and Flight Call Finders are included as are the examples in the chapters "Understanding Sonograms", "How To Listen To Warbler Songs", and "Learning Chip and Flight Calls".

The modern birding library should now start with The Crosssley ID Guide and The Warbler Guide and then add the classic "must have" guides.

Many thanks to Tom Stephenson and Scott Whittle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly detailed and helpful book, July 23, 2013
This review is from: The Warbler Guide (Flexibound)
I purchased this book because it's really hard for me to distinguish one bird from another, especially the small ones that never stand still. But this book is amazingly detailed. I barely had it for a week when I used it to determine that I saw a couple of Black-Throated Gray Warblers. I thought that I was looking at Black-and-White Warblers, but the book informed me that it was the wrong time and place for them. I'm not sure that I'll be able to memorize this book, but I plan on using it often. A collection of MP3 files would have been even more useful to me instead of the graphical song descriptions, but those calls are found online at enough places.

I hope that the authors write a book like this for the various little brown birds that are out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, July 17, 2013
This review is from: The Warbler Guide (Flexibound)
This book is a MUST have for every level of birder. The numerous pages of photos, graphs, and I love all the different angles of the bird, especially the underneath and tail feather guides. Buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy guide!, July 20, 2013
This review is from: The Warbler Guide (Flexibound)
This guide has several pages for quickly identifying warblers based on the angle from which you are seeing them. It's very helpful when you're directly under the bird, or seeing it through thick branches.

5.0 out of 5 stars #1 Warbler Guide out there., July 13, 2013
This review is from: The Warbler Guide (Flexibound)
This is one the finest warbler guides on the market. Amazing pictures!!! Unbeatable charts. A MUST have guide on any birders shelf. Recommend this highly!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, July 16, 2013
This review is from: The Warbler Guide (Flexibound)
Preface: I am a newer/amateur birder, been birding about 2 years and I love books with photos! This guide is AWESOME! I have had many ID questions I've posted to sites, that this book could have answered. I can not believe the amount of information packed into this guide, a must have for anyone serious about Warblers! The 4 pages of angeled-views, I mean, it shows every bird one one page-looking up, looking at a 45 angle, from the front, etc. a great quick-reference, or starting point to narrow down the possibilities. I could keep going, but it is a GREAT WARBLER GUIDE!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Warbler Guide - Simply Essential, November 18, 2013
This review is from: The Warbler Guide (Flexibound)
Of all the bird books I own including all compilations and books on specific species, this has to be the best. Well organized, incredible detail, superb photos including details on song patterns and side by side comparisons of similar warblers. it's rather easy to tell this book was put together with much planing and thought. Well crafted in every respect.

I'm not sure how much better it can get than this. The only thing I can think of that would be missing is a sound CD such as the one that came with the Stokes Birds book. That would have made a great companion however most if not all of these bird sounds can be found on the publc web site Xeno Canto.

This book is a must for any Warbler lover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warbler guide help with evasive species., November 6, 2013
Bobbe Fitzgibbon (Flagstaff, AZ, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Warbler Guide (Flexibound)
Shows many views of the birds which is important for birds that flit around in the trees and underbrush where you often don't get the full view of the individual. It also gives the place within the trees where you might expect to see each species.

The Warbler Guide
The Warbler Guide by Tom Stephenson (Flexibound - July 7, 2013)
$29.95 $22.47