5.0 out of 5 stars Cute Story
My five year old loved this book. A great summer read for when we are all enjoying watermelon. It makes a kid think of that ever confusing question what happens when you swallow a watermelon seed. I remember thinking about it when I was a kid and now my kids do too. Very cute.
Published 11 months ago by Stacy Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that many words.
I bought several of these as this books is very cute. I love the illustrations and the story, but it has very few words. For a book that is not a board book, I expected that it would have more words. Perfect for 17 month old, but not for gifts for 4-5 year olds -- they like the idea of the seed eating but its a very basic read.
Published 3 months ago by J. Bular

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute Story, August 19, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Crunchy Summer Fun, July 19, 2013
This review is from: The Watermelon Seed (Hardcover)
What happens when you swallow a watermelon seed? A lot of anxiety and a lot of laughs in the hands of author-illustrator Greg Pizzoli. Everyday worries from vines growing out your ears to potentially ending up in a fruit salad are detailed in simple three-color spreads with lots of white space. Perfect for preschoolers and their parents!

5.0 out of 5 stars Story time winner!, May 20, 2013
This review is from: The Watermelon Seed (Hardcover)
This entertaining read is the perfect book for summer! It's a great choice for story time as it just begs to be performed. Story readers will find much to play with here as this darling little croc details his long time love of watermelon, his despair and fear at having swallowed a seed and of course that ever so satisfying and seed producing watermelon burrrrrp. This one is as much fun to read as it is to listen to. Every kid has thought about what happens when you swallow a seed, so they will all be able to relate to the little croc's fear of having a seed growing in his guts. It's a priceless gag from most everyone's childhood and the author has done a great job of turning it into a picture book filled with energy and hilarious moments.

Pink watermelons and a green crocodile color the pages of this book in simple designs that made me hungry for a big slice of melon. The author uses white space, green space and pink space to his advantage, adding drama to this short, simple little story. The perfect length for story time, this is a must have for summertime themes and when you just need a quick laugh. The Watermelon Seed is a sure winner for any preschool or early elementary audience.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is my grandson's current favorite book, March 2, 2014
This review is from: The Watermelon Seed (Hardcover)
The book is simple and cute. It's the book Niki (age3) reaches for when he comes to play, which is several times a week, and he wants it read over and over. Especially when he is eating watermelon. Although, the concept is a bit stretched with today's ubiquitous seedless melons!

5.0 out of 5 stars really cute boom, October 29, 2013
This review is from: The Watermelon Seed (Hardcover)
We saw this at a book store and my son loved it! I ordered it on Amazon because it was a much better price. I would recommend it for toddlers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, September 2, 2013
This review is from: The Watermelon Seed (Hardcover)
This book is a great book for younger children. It makes predicting easy. Talking about swallowing seeds brought back child memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars For those who love watermelon, August 29, 2013
R. Mitchell (Pennsylvania, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Watermelon Seed (Hardcover)
The simple text and story line are easy to read and fun to listen to
My 3 and 4 year old grandchildren like the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book by a great talent, July 7, 2013
This review is from: The Watermelon Seed (Hardcover)
This book is good for all ages, playful story that is not unlike one your grandmother would have teasingly told you, the illustrations are inventive and playful and a must add to any collection

5.0 out of 5 stars My children love this book!, May 29, 2013
This review is from: The Watermelon Seed (Hardcover)
It's a beautiful book that visually is much different than most children's books. My three year old daughter laughs so hard every time we read it. We can never read it just once, it always multiple times. I would highly recommend this children's book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A winner with everyone, May 21, 2013
This review is from: The Watermelon Seed (Hardcover)
My entire family is in love with this book. It's one of those amazing picture books that holds some kind of meaning for kids of all ages. My younger kids, especially, have been toting this around and "reading" it to themselves, and my 2 year-old has been sleeping with it (high praise from her). It's a sweet, funny, and quick book.

My love for it is in the illustrations. I love how much can be conveyed in 3-color screenprints.

Really, the only downside of this book is that my kids have been begging for watermelon because of it, and it's too expensive right now.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Watermelon Seed
The Watermelon Seed by Greg Pizzoli (Hardcover - May 14, 2013)
$16.99 $13.60