5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing record from an amazing group of guys...
Published on June 5, 2012 by lanegan

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Album BUT Record Skips
I love this album. Ordered and returned the first copy because it skipped during the first song on side A. Amazon promptly replaced it but the replacement skipped in the exact same place.
Published 8 months ago by BlakPropaganda

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing record from an amazing group of guys..., June 5, 2012
This review is from: Way We Move (Audio CD)
This record continues in the evolution of Langhorne Slim. From start to finish, this is by far their best record to date. From the first few seconds of the opening track "The Way We Move," one will instinctively find their foot begins to tap along to the beat of the song, and this will not stop until the entire album is over. There are several stand-out tracks for me. First, the song "Past Lives" is one of Slim's best ever. The delivery of his vocals in this song gives me chills. "Song For Sid" is about Sean's grandfather who passed away, with lyrics as honest as you can get. You can tell by this song Sid must have been one hell of a guy. "Someday", although clocking in at 1:26, is so catchy I find myself singing it in my head all day. Really, though, there isn't a bad track here. This is such a great album from beginning to end. Those familiar with the music of Langhorne Slim will be at home with the songs on this record, and they just seem so much more fresh than any of the other music that's out there today. Scolnick's voice is so raw and so emotional, filled with such honesty that few can match. The band said they wanted to make something they could stand by and be proud of for the rest of their lives. With this record, they have.

5.0 out of 5 stars best slim album to date! finally, the essence of their live show is nearly captured., June 12, 2012
This review is from: Way We Move (Audio CD)
I have followed Sean and Malachi for years, probably since 2003 when I first saw Sean play solo at a small bar in CT. I was sold from the moment he opened his mouth, and have only fallen more in love over the years.
This album feels similar to their beginnings with "electric love letter" or even "slim pickins" in a sense where the vocals are louder and raspier with some pretty serious foot stomping beats. Much, much more like hearing them live. I think it has always been a challenge for them to truly capture the essence of one of their live shows. There is nothing quite like it! The addition of the piano just fills everything out beautifully. There are a few more jazzy and bluesy moments than in the past, and I have to say I love the new feeling it gives to their music.
For those of you who were a little disappointed with "be set free", don't fret. This is a little bit less polished up and pretty. The songwriting has definitely improved, even where I didn't think it needed improving.
The stand outs for me are "the way we move", "salvation", "on the attack", "wild soul", and "coffee cups"... hell, I am about to list nearly every song on there! "Coffee Cups" gives a more personal look into the life of a man who lives out on the road, which absolutely breaks my heart every time I hear it. Just buy this record, you won't be disappointed! And if you haven't seen them live, do it. They practically live on the road, so they'll be in your town before you know it. It might be one of the best shows of your life!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Album will make Langhorne Slim and the Law Household Names, June 11, 2012
This review is from: Way We Move (Audio CD)
I first heard Langhorne Slim and his band, The Law, on the David Letterman show a few years ago and was blown away. Enter the youtubes, the downloads on my ipod and I'm a die-hard fan. They have a sound to them that is hard to pin down; sort of a mixture of blues, rock-indie, folk and country. You'll find yourself comparing Langhorne with Bob Dylan. Langhorne's voice is a raspy, heartfelt mixture of up-tempo and great rhythm, which belies the messages of relationship tragedy.

If you're new to them, this album is a great introduction. If you're already a fan, you will not be disappointed. This is their best album yet, with the same great quality of music and lyrics we've come to expect from Langhorne.

His back-up musicians are perfect and complement him in every way.

These are the kinds of songs that stick with you. This is honest music and there isn't a bad song on the album. You'll find yourself humming one of the tunes later in the day.

While some of the songs are about heartbreak, there's always an underlining element of optimism.

I dare you not to cry while listening to "Song for Sid", written in memory of Langhorne's grandfather's recent passing. Langford's line, "where do the great ones go when they're gone" is haunting and soulful.

While they've been on the periphery of fame for quite awhile, I think this album will put them where they belong...at the top.

5.0 out of 5 stars instantly hooked., September 1, 2013
This review is from: The Way We Move (MP3 Music)
The best album I've heard in a long time. Every song is great. Nice mix of blues, funk, and alternative. Its a shame I lived in the same town as this guy and never heard of him til now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genre Defying Lyrical Treat, August 14, 2012
This review is from: The Way We Move (MP3 Music)
I have each album put out by the band. A unique voice, solidly skewed lyrics, and genre defying music; add the mix together and it is time to turn up the volume to enjoy loud music and loud lyrics--in a good way. This album is a cross between alt country, rock, and a little bit of punk to give it an attitude. If you appreciate original lyrics, toe-tapping music, and a voice that sounds like no other, you will enjoy this one-of-a-kind album. Don't believe me? Listen to the song samples and become a believer.

5.0 out of 5 stars A new favorite, July 29, 2012
This review is from: The Way We Move (MP3 Music)
This album is just great americana, a modern classic, and downright fun to listen to. Feels loose and live but polished. Each song sounds like something you should have heard by now. Most of these songs would sound just as good with just a guitar and vocal, or with a giant band.

5.0 out of 5 stars More great tunes from Langhorne, July 1, 2012
This review is from: The Way We Move (MP3 Music)
'The Way We Move' is Langhorne Slim & the Law in great form. A few particular highlights for me were: (1) The title track is classic Langhorne in the call-and-response vein of 2009's 'Cinderella' or 2005's 'And If It's True'. (2) 'Song For Sid', a tribute to Slim's grandfather. (3) The piano-driven 'Past Lives', which captures the grit in Slim's soulful voice that always comes out in the band's energetic live performances.

5.0 out of 5 stars A rollicking good time!, July 12, 2012
Liz (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Way We Move (MP3 Music)
Langhorne Slim is one of the best live performers I have ever seen. That is hard to capture in the studio, but this record gets really, really close. Standout tracks include "The Way We Move," "Song for Sid" and "Past Lives." But this is a true record that deserves listening from start to finish. The boisterous title track hooks you and the album never lets you go until the cathartic finish.

If you're not familiar with Langhorne Slim, this is your chance to get ahead of the curve. As other reviews have said, this is the record that will really put him on the map.

5.0 out of 5 stars How are there not MORE reviews!, July 20, 2012
This review is from: The Way We Move (MP3 Music)
This is an amazing record by an amazing artist. I absolutely love everything about this cd. It is one that has been on constantly since I got it. I also had the chance to see Langhorne Slim and The Law recently live- and if you have the chance to see them- do it! Best concert- these guys are so down to earth and put on a really great show. Definitely worth buying this cd!

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have!, July 6, 2014