5.0 out of 5 stars You Brought a New Kind of Book to Us
Zehme's book is a delight, a welcome change from the biotrash (Kitty Kelley) and a nice complement to the detailed music analyses (Will Friedwald and Charles Granata). For those of us who never met the man, you close the book feeling like you knew him. For those of us who live our lives by his music, it offers a great perspective on the man behind the songs. Even if...
Published on June 1, 2000 by Jon Warshawsky

3.0 out of 5 stars Sinatra without the warts.
First, you have to understand it's not a biography. Actually the book's premise is summed up very well by the Sinatra quote on the dust jacket. "I think my real amibition is to pass on to others what I know. It took me a long, long time to learn what I now know, and I don't want that to die with me." I think this book does that very well using a series of...
Published on March 6, 2000 by Old Fisherman

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book! Tremendous insight to "Old blue eyes" & his philosophies on life, February 26, 2014
Fedoradude (The Paris of the Prairie) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Way You Wear Your Hat : Frank Sinatra and the Lost Art of Livin' (Hardcover)
I enjoyed every page of this book. And it was a very quick read. It ended kind of strange but I loved hearing Sinatra's views on things and how things should be and how a man should behave. I highly recommend it to anyone (beware though; a bit of profanity and adult content here and there).

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect much, November 29, 2013
There is no chronological order to the snippets of stories, nor is there enough detail. The stories often leave the reader hanging or confused. The pictures are mostly blurry, all black and white and printed on rough paper, not glossy. This is more of a scrapbook collection of tales put together to give an idea of the kind of character Sinatra was. If anything, reading this book leaves one wanting more, a real biography maybe.

4.0 out of 5 stars General Review, October 22, 2013
This book arrived in good shape and was what I expected. I don't think there is anything else noteworthy about this order.

5.0 out of 5 stars "That's life", June 23, 2013
Love him or hate him, the man could sing and embodied a life style that was envied, which no longer exist. If you don't think so, try to find a hat rack at the next restaurant you go to. Do you own a Tux? Do you like a great dinner with a well made cocktail? Do like to dance to music you understand the words to? Yes. Then you're probably my age and appreciate the "art of living". A class act, unfortunately marred by self destructive behavior. A must read for fans of Mr. Frank.

5.0 out of 5 stars His Way, May 23, 2013
Joe Corso (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
I've been a Sinatra fan since I first seen him at Bill Millers Riviera in New Jersey. I was 18 years old at the time. I enjoyed this book and the personal facts about Frank, Dean and the rest of the boys. I got a kick when Frank said, fresh air sickens me. He liked a smoke filled room and cigars never bothered him. This is a fun book about a singing legend. If you like Sinatra you'll like this book.

The Starlight Club (Starlight Club, The) by Joe Corso.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, March 25, 2013
Awesome book that gave great insight into the life of a stylish and dapper Frank Sinatra. I highly recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful book, January 4, 2013
This is a great biography about Sinatra....a fun read, filled with interesting anecdotes for those who love him. If you're tired of negative books about Sinatra, "The Way You Wear Your Hat" will warm your heart and give you a real treat. Bill Zehme portrays Sinatra as a loving friend, father and singer.....a man who cared tremendously for his family, friends, co-workers and the world around him. I love this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Bill Zehme book, 'The way you wear your hat', June 17, 2012
The Frank Sinatra book , 'The way you wear your hat' , is charming , funny , and a light biography of one of our greatest musical artists. Tempermental , generous , moody , and gifted, Sinatra is a complex subject. I have read the book twice. The man certainly had style and talent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always makes me laugh - love Zehme's writing style, June 9, 2011
...on a blue day a 5 minute re-read is a definite pickmeup. Love Zehme's style, have enjoyed his writing for years. Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during these conversations. If you don't find it chuckle-worthy, Clyde, 'better go check your bird. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars With ice, October 13, 1998
By A Customer
I got to know the guy, maybe more than he would have liked. Sinatra was many things to many people. Probably the most envied and copied guy in the world. When he says he sang every song, and made every record, because people will be hearing them for a long time- you can appreciate him for what he was. I may never wear my hat the same again.

The Way You Wear Your Hat : Frank Sinatra and the Lost Art of Livin'
The Way You Wear Your Hat : Frank Sinatra and the Lost Art of Livin' by Bill Zehme (Hardcover - November 12, 1997)
Used & New from: $0.01