Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on July 9, 2013
I just finished The Wealth Choice. The reason I gave this book 5 stars is it really gives you practical steps to follow to become wealthy. It details the challenges as well as the triumphs. It reminds you that it's not where you start, it's where you finish. I love the part about faith in the book. It encouraged me to utilize my faith resources on my road to financial freedom. I know now, what I need to do to create wealth in my life and now I'm ready. The principals will be my daily tools.
on February 25, 2013
This is an awesome resource to see how the best did it. Their combined stories share a common thread of being in a place of humble beginnings but choosing to not let their temporary impoverished position dictate their final status in life. This is a must read for all that want to propel to financial success!
on January 4, 2014
It's surprising that so many people would rate this book five stars and state that it's a must read. It's actually one of those books that I have grown to try to avoid.

After reading many books on business and developing wealth, I've learned to weed out the books that talk about absolutely nothing. If you read think and grow rich or any of the other books that focus on the the law of attraction and a kind of religious aspect to becoming wealthy you don't really need to read this book. It goes over similar concepts and doesn't necessarily give any real insight on how to develop wealth. The assumption is that wealth would come to you if you believe in god and are persistent.

If you read his earlier book, Think and grow rich: The black choice, don't waste time with this book. It's basically the same book with new stories. The author even admits that he has not been able to develop wealth implementing the practices that he preached in his books.

If you are simply looking for inspiration or motivation from an African American context then you should check out this book. But if you're an actual business person looking for business knowledge or if you're not into religion, you probably wont enjoy this book.
22 comments|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2013
I saw Dennis Kimbro in person a few weeks ago promoting his book. He is a dynamic motivational speaker. He is very passionate about this topic. He has dedicated 20+ years into researching Black Millionaires. He knows what he is talking about.

Kimbro is a college professor and the book slightly reads like a textbook or a piece for the research community. He gives so many facts in the book that it almost takes away from enjoying reading the book. I hate to admit it but it gets a little boring and repetitive half way through. It's a shame because he has dedicated his life to researching this topic. I still recommend it because the statistics alone are worth buying the book. It is a wake up call to understand the true state of Black America's financial situation. The Black Millionaires are few and far between.

Overall, an interesting read. FYI-- the success secrets of Black Millionaires are no different from those of any White Millionaires but if you what to know about Black America's financial situation in general, then it is a must read.
on June 5, 2013
From the preface I was captivated and stuck on Dr. Kimbro's literary fly paper! I did a lot of asking for forgiveness as I read further along. I found myself answering strangers questions as they observed me reading "The Wealth Choice" on Marta buses and trains. What a Powerful tool, better yet, "Cleansing Pool" this book is!
I was a self professed "non-book reader" but now Just like I learned in one of it's chapter's, I am wealthy and on track to reading and emplementing one book a month!
Lastly but not least, I have a great new fire burning withi, mediocrity has been defecated, and I've given birth to one of my gifts!
I've begun running down the road of starting my very own catering business.
Two years ago this August 2013, I was homeless here in Atlanta. Today I'm trailblazing and living life intentionally. Thank you God for being in my corner when I was not and thank you Dr. Kimbro for your faithfulness in giving the world this nourishment!!!!
I laughed!
I cried!
I saw in awe while reading about the struggles of real wealthy people!
I was mesmerized!
I couldn't put it down!
on June 5, 2013
This book is really a must have for every individual, no matter their economic background. For the poor that wants to climb out of the hole, Dr. Kimbro has included basic small steps for taking personal action to change the final outcome of your income. Being able to read testimonies of others' success, helps to reignite the fire within to do and be better. I plan to purchase each of the other titles that he has written. This was well worth the cost of the book.
on March 27, 2013
Good book to read for anyone wanting to be a millionaire, especially for African Americans. With all the examples that Kimbro includes in this book --one is bound to find something that resonates. I for one am going to take some of the advice given.
on January 3, 2015
The information is good but, a rehash of his other book: think and grow rich a black choice. So, if you need some review of these standard steps to success. This book will provide that. But, if you are looking for some new concepts on finding yourself; good luck finding that. Mostly because there are none. And, that's why Mr. Kimbro needs to rehash with a slight twist.
on April 6, 2013
The Wealth Choice is a must read for those serious about controlling their financial future, for changing your family tree by taking your family from one level of financial empowerment to the next level.

R S Walker
on April 1, 2013
Why do some succeed and others don't? Dennis Kimbro has spent a lifetime on the odyssey to discover that spark that secret that will enable someone to transition from normal to dynamic.
In his book, The Wealth Choice- Success Secrets of Black Millionaires by Dennis Kimbro takes lessons learned in Think and Grow Rich: A Black Choice and his previous four books and studied successful blacks. Kimbro set up a survey, focus groups, and spent seven years of investigative work.
The book is simply broken down into 7 laws of success and shows that the wealthy are different, they think differently. Read the book for all seven but two that stand out are the first that wealth begins in the mind but ends in the purse. How we have to think about it to make it come true. We have to be entrepreneurial and focus on the end in order to seek the possibilities of the money out there.
The second one that I think is important is the one that states "how may I serve them". How serving others really are a better approach to business that try to pull one over or others. We need to discover a niche and use that as a leverage to solve that need.
One other is make the money grow. Money is a tool, something that gives us freedom to live on our lives. To take our capital and make it grown will create a mountain of possibility.
The book weaves stories and anecdotal evidence and does not throw around too many statistical jargon, good old common sense derived from Kimbro's research.
How do you become rich? Simply decide to do so- it is that simply- so make that wealth choice.