Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Week That Led to Easter - Arch Books
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 26, 2006
This book is a wonderful, consise and simple way to explain the events leading up to Easter to children. It covers all the major events in a clear way that children can understand. It would be wonderful for parents or teachers. The illustrations are nice, too. Although the subject matter deals with extreme suffering and death, nothing in this book is "gory" or "too scary."
on May 12, 2007
I purchased this book to read to our smaller children at church. They were very quiet and attentive (which is somewhat of a miracle. Couldn't purchase a book locally that told the true story of Easter. This was great
on March 11, 2010
We were looking for some books to prepare our barely 4 year old son for Easter this season and wanted something that acknowledged the story truthfully but wasn't frightening or overwhelming. This is a simple book with appropriate illustrations and is well priced. I plan to order more from this company to go along with Bible lessons.
on April 10, 2010
This book is written in rhyme. The pictures are lovely & it is great for any Christian family, regardless of denomination. It's so nice to find Christian Easter things - this was a great little book to stick in my son's Easter basket!
VINE VOICEon August 13, 2014
This is a decent book to summarize the significance of Easter and its real meaning in a way that is understandable and not frightening to kids. I liked that the text rhymed as well and the illustrations were nice but a bit outdated looking in my opinion. I teach second grade at a Lutheran school and I read this with my class as one of our pre-Easter lessons and it lead to a great discussion about the events of Easter week like Palm Sunday and the Last Supper. I do think it could've added more detail and glosses over things a little too much, hence the 4 star rating.

While I think this book does an OK job of explaining Easter, I much prefer Patricia Pingry's "The Story of Easter" instead.
on April 24, 2015
Love the book! I'm glad that it had the scriptures I could go to in my daughter's children's bible so we could read the story of Easter after reading the week that led to Easter on Holy Week. I didn't really like that they said Judas didn't believe in Jesus anymore, but I'm sure that's a hard thing to explain to a child and the writer did the best they could!
on April 4, 2013
We used these books in Sunday School, both for Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday. And the children then each took home their own book. Bible references are there, story is child appropriate. It is also accurate and childrenare interested and do understand the text. Illustrations are appealing and child-friendly. A great book!
on November 2, 2013
Such a precious book, we use to help teach our children and grandchildren of the rites and traditions of Holy Week.
on October 23, 2015
it's an Arch book.. they are the BEST!! we are now up to purchasing 20 per month for young families in our 2 churches as well as sending out a book per month to our disenfranchised familes to help keep them connected to God and our church family
on April 10, 2016
My son is 3.5 and he loved me reading this to him. I think it's a great tool to have for teaching children the importance of this week. I was a little worried at his age he wouldn't understand it but the way it's written, I was able to explain it and he recited what was happening from page to page. It is a small book, but worth it!