5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it! :P
Considering it was nothing but a five chapter book with a little preview at the end it was excellent...kinda. The biggest problem was that the story seemed rushed and it tended to jump from one thing from another.

SPOILER ALERT!

Published on June 14, 2012 by Ava Laughsalot

2.0 out of 5 stars A "C" Story at Best
This was a "C" story at best and I am probably being too generous.

Published on September 4, 2011 by BookChick Blog Reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars A "C" Story at Best, September 4, 2011
This review is from: The Werewolf Liaison: (part one): Billionaires After Dark (Kindle Edition)
This was a "C" story at best and I am probably being too generous.

First of all, I will say that I absolutely hate when authors leave cliffhangers to their stories. This was a novella so I should have guessed that it was a prelude for a full-length novel, Hungry Like the Wolf. So we are left to wonder what becomes of Olivia and Garrick. The problem for me when authors do the novella way in advance of the novel is that I forget about or lose interest in wanting to read the novel by the time it comes out. My suggestion to authors is to space it so that the novella comes out no more than a month in advance of the novel.

SPOILERS

Now...with that said, on to Olivia and Garrick. Olivia is a tough EMT who arrives on the scene of incident where she is needed to assist a thrice shot female victim. She is amazed that the woman is still alive and coherent. During her transport to the hospital, the woman starts uttering strange things, to Olivia's ears. Enroute, the ambulance suffers a blow out of some kind that causes it to summersault over an embankment. Note: Ms. Anna never explains what caused the blow out. Was it Garrick, was it a cut in the tire, an run in with another car...what? After the ambulance lands at the bottom of the embankment, the victim -- Sonja, who is on the verge of death says, "the keeper comes." Olivia looks up and sees shaggy hair, sharp fangs, and a clawed hand reaching into the ambulance to grab her and she faints. She wakes up later chained hand and foot to a wall in a non-descript basement. I'll fast forward details but to make a short story even shorter, not much time passes before Olivia is hot for her captor, Garrick. Seriously?!?! You are kidnapped and chained and your panties are getting damp. She had been there less than 24 hours to suffering with Stockholm syndrome.

I guess I wasn't impressed by the pace of the story. Everything seemed to happen way too quickly for my licking. I understand that it was a novella but I would have liked a bit more character development and background. She was kidnapped...she got aroused...he got aroused...they had sex...she was attacked by another wolf...and he sent her away. Literally, it was just that quick.

It seems as if Ms. Anna was in a rush to get to the end of the story to leave the reader at the cliffhanger. A few more words at the beginning and the middle and a bit more story development would have made the book a decent read. For me, reading this novella has had an effect adverse to what the author intended...I'm not at all eager to read Hungry Like the Wolf if this hurried writing style is indicative of what I could expect in the full novel.

For me the best two things about the book were the cover (on Amazon) and the end.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, but don't waste your time, April 23, 2012
Avid X (World Wide Web) - See all my reviews
If the author could have given her characters reasonable reactions, I would have reviewed this better. The writing felt rushed, the sex very flat and mechanical, there is no emotional involvement between the reader and the characters. At all. Period.

Olivia is an EMT who, on the way to the hospital with a badly injured woman, winds up hitting something in the ambulance she's riding in. The ambulance crashes through a guard rail, goes over the embankment, terrible accident ensues, and when she wakes up, she's chained to a bed in a basement guarded by a werewolf. At this point, the author can't decide whether Olivia should be angry and fight, scared and wheedle for her freedom, and/or desperate and attempt to seduce her way out. So what follows is this schizophrenic jump from one slightly off emotion to the next that left me thinking, if this was a real woman and she wanted to get out of this situation alive, there's no way she'd be acting like this. You don't go out of your way to antagonize the guy who has you chained in his basement. Not if you want to get out alive. And after being this angry and volatile, she falls into bed with her captor with dizzying and unbelievable enthusiasm. There is very little time spent on the sex and it's poorly written. Not even the ending is any good. There is no resolution to the story. One minute the werewolf is telling her she's his mate, and the next he's made leader of the pack and throwing her out 'for her own good'. Huh? This is the end of the story? There's an excerpt at the end for another story, but it's not for part two continuation of this debacle, which at least I'd understand. It for a completely different set of characters.

So in short, you have a good beginning (and the beginning actually was pretty good), a hurried and unbelievable middle, and a virtually non-existent and unsatisfying ending. This is erotica without eroticism. Not even the sex redeemed it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring.., July 14, 2013
Very limited in imagination.. and way to quick to sex... kidnap, threaten, only to jump to sex and devotion.. no woman would find believable or fall so quickly.. work on story line more and less on where to place a sex scene :-/

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it! :P, June 14, 2012

SPOILER ALERT!

I found it kinda unrealistic how quickly Olivia had taken interest to someone who had kidnapped her or accepted the fact he was a werewolf without actually being afraid of him.
***
All in all for a free book this was farely decent! And since I pretty much like everything Tawny Stokes/Vivi Anna writes. It wouldnt be a waste of time to read considering its only five chapters.

4.0 out of 5 stars AN EXCITING AND SEXUALLY DESCRIPTIVE STORY! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! BUT..., August 9, 2013
The plot was very exciting and super descriptively hot! But it left a lot unfinished that you suppose is going to be in the next book but when you read the excerpt from it, it doesn't seem like you will get any answers! But still HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
*** Well I did a little research and the next book IS about finishing what happened in this book and sounds pretty hot and exciting! But just FYI this is a continuing series with three books so far and you have to buy them all to see what's going on!
*** Okay on my third rereview, after reading the second book, the first story was rushed but it was still pretty dang hot and you only have to read the second one to get the full explosive story between the characters! And for the first one to be free and the second only $2.99 it makes for a awesome combined story!! IF YOU READ BOTH THERE'RE VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Hero/heroine pull not fully vetted, December 21, 2013
I did think the story was interesting yet I was not convinced of the attraction between the hero and heroine. It felt too forced and not enough development of the background as well. Why does Corine attack? What about the accident and he as the keeper of secrets. Too many unfinished story paths.

3.0 out of 5 stars Would have been enjoyable except . ., September 2, 2012
I found myself falling into the story just as it reached the end. As a free kindle, I wasn
t disappointed, but headed to the kindle store to order the full version. Disappointing to find the series is a collection of short stories, which requires a diffrent mind set.

As a short story, the plot falls short. This is agreat first five pages of a novel, not more less but not more. to see the page count on the others in the "series" is disappointing. Would have loved to read more, but 55 -80 pages at a time in a "book" is not a time or money resource I can squander.

Frustrating because there is so much that could be there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for a free story, April 28, 2012
I can understand instant attraction, but I think going from planning to kill her to having sex with her instantly is a little much to buy into. I liked the story well enough, I guess. The whole thing was just a little rushed. And I don't think I want to know what happens to Olivia and Garrick enough to pay $2.99 for an 89-page novella. If the price drops to .99, I'll consider it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Prequel to 'Hungry Like The Wolf', March 28, 2012
Short and steamy prequel to Hungry Like the Wolf. I'll admit I was a bit frustrated that I didn't get to read the story from beginning to end and was left with a cliffhanger. I didn't realize it was going to be two parts and I have a tendancy to read so many books by the time I get to the next one I lose interest (personality defect of mine).
With that said I did enjoy the story and would definitely read more from this author, provided I know ahead of time if it's a prequel to further storyline.

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs to be longer, January 30, 2012
Felt like this was a chapter from the middle of a book. No back story and leaves you hanging. Still an overall good short read.